INFJ ignoring INTJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ ignoring INTJ

*sniffs* For an INFJ, that's not very nice, @VH. :(

No... I just can't look at human ones, or arachnid's.

Didn't mean to totally derail this thread.

Just walk up to her and ask her if she's an INFJ. If she is (or if she's never taken the test), then you've got conversation leverage. If not, then you have a better idea of what you're working with. Either way is win.

Agreed. If she knows she is, she'll be totally enamored that you could tell, and she'll be excited to have someone to talk MBTI with! Hi-5s @VH!

Reactions: VH
Just walk up to her and ask her if she's an INFJ. If she is (or if she's never taken the test), then you've got conversation leverage. If not, then you have a better idea of what you're working with. Either way is win.

I think that might do well if she isn't an INFJ, but if she is, I think he'd be blowing his chances. Especially if she hasn't heard of MBTI. If a guy came up to me and started talking about something I'd never heard of or typing me when he hadn't spoken to me, I'd be turned off and irritated. I'd also be really overwhelmed by that kind of interaction from a stranger. And coming from a guy... it'd come across as creepy. Any guy that thinks he's watched me enough to know my personality would give me big time 'stalker' red flags (I think that might be more of a woman thing than an INFJ thing).

Hmmm... I think i'd be very curious. As long as he keeps it short the first time, she may approach him with questions at a later time.

I think that might do well if she isn't an INFJ, but if she is, I think he'd be blowing his chances. Especially if she hasn't heard of MBTI. If a guy came up to me and started talking about something I'd never heard of or typing me when he hadn't spoken to me, I'd be turned off and irritated. I'd also be really overwhelmed by that kind of interaction from a stranger. And coming from a guy... it'd come across as creepy. Any guy that thinks he's watched me enough to know my personality would give me big time 'stalker' red flags (I think that might be more of a woman thing than an INFJ thing).
Trust me, I have encountered quite a few INFJ males who are that way as well. They're on their guard.

@VH;

don't worry, us INTJ (lol thanks @Serenity;) stare at you NF's with the same kind of facination...oh my god, did they just say..that makes no sense ... (uh, you get the idea)
Honestly, some of my bestest friends are Feelers...really...

As to OP, I wouldn't spend too much energy on the planning phase and get to actual effort at some point.

Last edited:
I remember suggesting not just walking up and saying 'Hi.' That's a lot of pressure for the INFJ.

What?! Saying "Hi" is already too much pressure? Yeah, well perhaps I'll try some smoke signals... or semaphore.

I think that might do well if she isn't an INFJ, but if she is, I think he'd be blowing his chances.

I am definitely not going to mention anything about MBTI. Jeeesus... have you guys really started a conversation with a stranger with MBTI?

Reactions: Chamomile
[MENTION=4137]technics[/MENTION] No, wait, man... I can't talk cuz I'm laughing too hard!!!

Ask her if she has any gum, then tell her you like her shoes. That's all I got... *shrugs*

What?! Saying "Hi" is already too much pressure? Yeah, well perhaps I'll try some smoke signals... or semaphore.

Haha I understand how crazy it can sound. But... yes it is! If you just say 'Hi,' then suddenly its on us to pull a conversation out of nowhere with someone that we don't know and don't know if we're comfortable with. That's a lot of pressure and takes a lot of energy out of us. Its not that we can't, its just that if you're wanting to cultivate attraction and positive feelings, its not the best way to go about it. Once we've talked or interacted before, no big deal at all. We aren't this way because its logical, we're this way because we're made this way. I know its frustrating, but you won't get far ignoring it!

Generally, asking us a question about the material at hand (like something from a meeting or lecture) or just a polite compliment and moving on is a brief, positive first encounter that will open us up to more. It may not make sense, but at least its pretty easy to do :p

Hi technics,

I have the impression that you are you really looking for an INFJ and are seeing them everywhere :)

What will you do if she isn't an INFJ? What then?

The speed at which you started liking a girl you hardly exchanged two words with seems out of character with the NTs I know when it comes to looking for a mate.

My INTJ friend made a whole science of finding his girlfriend. He made a whole list of traits he wanted her to have and made short succinct analyses of all the dates he had on his long punishing path to finding the one.

She does happen to be an INFJ but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie
I have the impression that you are really looking for an INFJ ... What will you do if she isn't an INFJ?

I'm not looking for a girlfriend, actually. Just happens that she caught my eye because of all her continuous staring at me lol.

But if she's not an INFJ then I'll switch to my native flirting mode and just throw away the MBTI thinking.

I've never been really good in flirting, but I used to be a good conversationalist... could easily tune in to someone's wavelength. But even that is rusty now. It's buried under a heap of Te and Ti.

But yesterday someone from that peer group approached me with a crystal clear signal of interest. And somehow that buried conversationalist within me got jumpstarted and within seconds I was in flirting mode. Oooh la la, very exciting.

It's spring, definitely.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: grt$5vb
[MENTION=4137]technics[/MENTION] Would you mind clarifying what her crystal clear signal of interest was, and what your flirting looks/sounds like? Pretty please...? ;D

@VH;

don't worry, us INTJ (lol thanks @Serenity;) stare at you NF's with the same kind of facination...oh my god, did they just say..that makes no sense ... (uh, you get the idea)
Honestly, some of my bestest friends are Feelers...really...

I'm not worried. :) I have three really close INTJ friends now. I love em. They are some of my closest friends. I still have the odd issue with INTJs when I meet them getting offended by me, something I said or did, but I usually win them over.

Jeeesus... have you guys really started a conversation with a stranger with MBTI?

Yup. Seems to work almost every time when I'm talking to an INFJ. Though, I generally won't open the subject unless I'm pretty sure they're an N type, as N types tend to be open to it.

Last edited:
I am definitely not going to mention anything about MBTI. Jeeesus... have you guys really started a conversation with a stranger with MBTI?

Works surprisingly well. It's easier to have a conversation about a topic rather than about the 2 people present.

Actually, semaphore works for me! ;)