INFJ ignoring INTJ | INFJ Forum

INFJ ignoring INTJ

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
Hello! :) Do female INFJ often ignore men when they're interested in them? I know one INFJ who seems to be interested in me, but I approached her once and she simply ignored me. She was just standing there as if she was frozen.

Hello! :) Do female INFJ often ignore men when they're interested in them? I know one INFJ who seems to be interested in me, but I approached her once and she simply ignored me. She was just standing there as if she was frozen.

How does she seem to be interested in you?

How does she seem to be interested in you?

I regularly catch her looking at me, and then suddenly looking away. And the last time, she was suddenly near where I was standing, chatting with a friend. So I thought I'd say "Hi", but she ignored me... kept her eyes fixed at her friend, as I said as if she was frozen.

I regularly catch her looking at me, and then suddenly looking away. And the last time, she was suddenly near where I was standing, chatting with a friend. So I thought I'd say "Hi", but she ignored me... kept her eyes fixed at her friend, as I said as if she was frozen.

What did you say when you approached her? Maybe she was having a serious conversation. Or maybe she's shy....

What did you say when you approached her? Maybe she was having a serious conversation. Or maybe she's shy....

I said Hi. I'm also pretty sure she wasn't having a serious conversation. She was standing in the middle of a classroom, amongst students, after a presentation... my presentation actually. And she was standing at the speaker's desk where I was standing, so I thought I'd say Hi.

I said Hi. I'm also pretty sure she wasn't having a serious conversation. She was standing in the middle of a classroom, amongst students, after a presentation... my presentation actually. And she was standing at the speaker's desk where I was standing, so I thought I'd say Hi.

I say try again. :D I can't really give good solid advice on shy people, but it can't hurt.

What makes you think she is INFJ, if you don't mind me asking?

What makes you think she is INFJ, if you don't mind me asking?

No, of course not. First, I'd say almost everyone in that class is an INFJ. It's the perfect topic for INFJs (something along the lines of "social justice"). Second, you can see/hear it in the way they talk/discuss, or the way she talks: Introverted, i.e. they don't "talk while they think", and they all have very strong convictions.

INFJ females seem to be super shy at giving away their interest in others - for a plethora of funny reasons - mostly, I suspect concerned with an anxiety about how their interest will be interpreted.

I suggest you engage her in some impersonal theme or third party as a subject of conversation - because if you try to speak to her about anything concerning herself initially, she will probably blush and shut down.

No, of course not. First, I'd say almost everyone in that class is an INFJ.

That seems statistically and descriptively unlikely.

Lay out the logic you are using to apply to social justice cohesively and comprehensively regarding justice and the rule of law. Observe the NFP as it appears.

Last edited:
Lay out the logic you are using to apply to social justice cohesively and comprehensively regarding justice and the rule of law. Observe the NFP as it appears.

Even though I don't want to de-rail this subject anymore I'd like to say that no subject would appeal to just one given type. In fact any subject can attract any type. Hell I'm an ESFP (allegedly) in accounting.

Even though I don't want to de-rail this subject anymore I'd like to say that no subject would appeal to just one given type. In fact any subject can attract any type. Hell I'm an ESFP (allegedly) in accounting.

Got it in 1.

There are a million xSFP CEOs and businessmen and a million unemployed xNTJs on the dole queue - mind you there is that cognitive flip from SFP to NTJ, but thats a separate topic.

I'm more basing the 'possibly not INFJ' assumption on the issue of putting forward strong opinions. In modern typology NFJs are much more subtle and don't tend to declare what they explicitly want ethics wise. Especially the INFJs need to 'feel at home and safe' before discussing these things in depth as raised in #9. ENFJ could be a possiblity if they are helped to feel at ease with many comrades in the class, they are also extremely graceful and comprehensive when they start working through social implications of choices and reasoning.

Last edited:
INFJ females seem to be super shy at giving away their interest in others

I've observed that behavior in another INFJ. She kept ignoring me until that one party where the alcohol softened her barriers and she confessed that she's liked me all the time and would like to see me again. She said what she liked about me is that I kept my distance, that I wasn't obstrusive, even though I was "obviously" interested.

Do you really like that? When someone keeps the distance, although you can see they're very interested?

Reactions: grt$5vb
Yes, it is very much possible, I think, for an INFJ to be interested in someone without showing their interest and looking quite detached instead. What could break the ice is that you have to stop noticing her 'frozen' moments and just approach her, talk to her about something. Don't feel intimidated by her being that way, just ignore it. It is the outer shell that seems to be frozen, in her mind there are probably so many thoughts and her heart is overflowing with emotion. Try to notice the "real" her. That her who is very warm and feels so much without being able to fully express it. If she is an introvert, try to be more extroverted. If she will feel that you notice her fear or frozenness, she will become even more conscious of it. I don't know, I wish you all the best, however.

As an INFJ female, I used to freeze up when guys I liked spoke to me. I am still pretty hard to read in that regard, so I'm learning to be direct. Keep trying to talk to her.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
same here...

Im an infj , and Same here, If I like a guy i will completely feel shy and freeze ... I dont know why , on the other hand INFJs find it easy to talk , flirt with guys (we don't feel attracted to or like) in a (love-like) way ... Its weird... :m027:

Reactions: Griffin
Just keep talking to her if she doesn't seem weirded out by you.

YEP, what [MENTION=4138]wally87[/MENTION] said.

Im INFJ and female, I tried to run away from hubby the first time I met him lol. Do you have any friends in common? If so it would be good to have them around, then you can be introduced, I know I feel much happier/comfortable talking to someone that a friend knows rather than a stranger.