INFJ Anime Recommendations? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Anime Recommendations?

Attack on Titan. I love this series. Although action intensive and at times a bit gory, it really takes on some existential questions and dives deep into the human condition.

tumblr_mu855gAl2o1sk15bdo2_500.gif

147bcb886dc25ab0b3db309f135f72db.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Misadventure
Been watching things like this because of [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]
So random and with a touch of raunchy humor that I like. :D

[video=youtube;1cvP8fPOPWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvP8fPOPWE[/video]

My, *oh* my.

Alright folks, let's get this started for real. :3

(Warning: Only watch notably the first three, when you are already quite relaxed, and don't watch them too quickly, or the difference will hurt you).

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

yokohama_kaidashi_kikou.jpg

More info:

Aqua/Aria

aria.jpg

More info:

Binchou-tan

binchou_tan.jpg

More info:

Hotarubi no Mori he

hotarubi_no_mori_he.jpg

More info:

Kokoro Toshokan

kokoro_toshokan.jpg

More info:

Kamichu!

kamichu.jpg

More info:

Non Non Biyori

non_non_biyori.jpg

More info:

Sketchbook ~full color'S~

sketchbook.jpg

More info:

And a lot more...

More dramatic, but very well made...

More action/violence, but very well made...

I'll let you off with this list...! :p

When I feel like turning off my mind, I'll go for something like Bleach, Fairy Tale, or Naruto. I know those aren't deep, but I'm not always looking for deep. Sometimes I just want the magical weird-haired kid with the temper.

For lighthearted (relatively) I'm surprised no one's mentioned Fruits Basket.

Psycho-Pass is pretty good too - but if you want your mind to explode and pain to ensure, there's always Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original).

For anyone interested, this site has a huge selection of anime available to watch for free: https://kissanime.to/

Hey there, so I'm into dark (not necessarily pure psychological mindfuck, just regular dark) sci-fi of psychological/horror series like Steins;Gate - so much fatalism, Chaos Theory, adorable ENTP/INTJ dynamics (not in a fetish way but holy shit Kurisu gave me some good laughs) maybe even Simulation Theory is implied, the way Mayuri and Kurisu keep getting killed in different, sometimes brutal ways seems awfully clockwork and programmed, like a digital clock with a respawning power source. Also , series like Higurashi When they Cry, Rika is a really cute INFJ hidden protagonist. She reminds of the way I was when I was 10, feeling so old, but being stuck in a child's body. Psycho-Pass is another good one with another relatable INFJ protagonist. Her alignment is basically mine. I'm someone who prefers Deontology over Utilitarianism (we all saw Death Note where this is literally the plot), but sometimes Deontology fails, or has loopholes like the Sybil system, and people can exploit that. In Sword Art Online, in the Alicization arc we see toxic deontology in the form of physical and emotional restrictions. Like we can rape young girls (legally still following the deontological "rules with loopholes") but we can't save said girls from being violated because of some contrived loophole that assholes use against good people. System exploit spotted. Eugeo lost an eye for that, and got imprisoned with Kirito (some people hate this OP protagonist) but you have to admit, if a girl was getting raped right in front of you in real life, would you use that Deontology when the rules of the system are inherently flawed? I mean ok Ronye and Tiese are kinda like really sentient AIs, but they still have awareness and feel pain. For me I couldn't care less if they're not full flesh and blood, if they have awareness of themselves, intelligence, can feel pain, and other human attributes, it's not that different from us human video gamers, isn't it?

So here's my list:
1) Steins;Gate
2) Higurashi When they Cry
3) Psycho-Pass
4) Sword Art Online - unless you're one of those SAO haters just because - personally I've watched dozens of series that are way worse
5) Neon Genesis Evangelion
6) Monster, this one's a bit harder to find
7) K-On! - Mio is a really cool and cute INFJ bassist and she's a lefty, sounds a bit like Paul McCartney. Mind you I think Paul is less shy, but my underwear has been exposed in front of a lot of people at school, I'm like Mio in that sense, you can't just forget that much embarrassment)
8) Ouran High School Host Club - pretty sure Haruhi is INFJ, and it's reverse-harem so have fun with these guys and all their nonsense
9) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Itsuki is INFJ I'm 99% sure. I also have light ESP powers, although I can't control them much. And also as someone on the autism spectrum, Haruhi and Yuki are damn relatable. I'm closer to Yuki but there are days I can venture into Haruhi territory, much to everyone's dismay. Did you know? Autistic adults that are even a bit extroverted are seen as even more annoying. *sigh* We're not that annoying, just very misunderstood.
10) Death Note - speaking of autism. I'm not at all at L's or Near's level. These are quite high functioning, possibly with Savant Syndrome. I like puzzles too, but I'm not master class puzzler with an all-white puzzle. Also some anime memes comes from this anime, some of the artistry is a bit unfriendly for people with sensory issues, but those lines, that psychotic laughter from Light. L's literal understand of everything, his very particular stims, random stuff that he does all the time. I do those things some days (not in the exact same way, just generally, but I hate bitter food and drink, damn NTs being able to drink black coffee makes me so envious).
11) The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - ok this is seemingly turning into a #AutismAwarenessMonth post, but this series is so heartwarming, even with it's main character being a bit aloof. Shina Mashiro is probably moderate functiioning autistic, but she's some kind of art Savant if I ever saw one. Not all autistic people can draw well, that's just a very bad stereotype, kinda like how we're all math geniuses - I'm actually better at chemistry than math. I have mild dysgraphia and my motor skills overall are generally crap. How I ever made it through art and gym class in school I'll never know. Anyway give this series a try, it's pretty cute.
12) Angel Beats - not the best anime overall, but Kanade "Angel" Tachibana reminds me of how people used to treat me in grade school and high school because they didn't understand my ASD, they single you out, isolate you in gym class, isolate you in the hallways, isolate you in the classroom or cafeteria. Whether I made eye contact or not with them it's the same reaction. Not all NTs can spot when someone is exhaustingly masking autism, but some of them can tell that something is "off". Yeah things were off, classrooms are so loud, feet tapping, pencils clicking, chalk writing and squeaking, doors opening and closing way too much loud noises at lunch time - we can perceive dB levels about 2-3 times louder than an NT, 70 dB is loud, 80 dB is some of our limits, certainly by 90 dB we're way overstimulated and feel like we're in pain. School environments when you have classrooms of 15-20 are hard for people on the spectrum, but when you have more like 35 or more kids in one class, and everything they do is just way too close for me, it's just like a mini-meltdown waiting to happen. Doesn't help that you can be asexual/demisexual and the opposite sex is right up in your personal space (sometimes they do it to aggressively tease you, it's not funny, and putting your hand on my leg or touching my face with a super soft touch is inappropriate and borders sexual harassment, not to mention it's a very bad sensation for us - we have to have it somewhere between very soft and very hard). Anyway I get what Angel was going through, she wasn't really the bad guy, she just wanted to help some people.

Some to consider: Any Fate series, especially Fate/Zero, Code Geass, Suzaku is an INFJ I'm sure, and finally Future Diary, Yuno is um...yeah she's an INFJ alright, and I guess she might be some person's waifu out there but just know I've been with a woman who had violent tendencies, some of which she acted out on with me, and I can safely say - if you have an unstable cute girlfriend that is even a bit yandere (Yuno's like the poster child for yandere characters), get the hell away from her. In real life, you're lucky if you even survive. I've been assaulted too many times to count, some of the damage is permanent. Be wary of the yandere, or in real life, just an unstable person with past mental trauma. There may be cases where they don't start becoming too violent with you, but even a little violence is unacceptable. I wouldn't wanna date a painfully aggressive tsundere type either. It's not conducive to a healthy relationship, certainly not a healthy sex life.

Reactions: Wyote
Have you guys watch Jujutsu Kaisen? It is a really good one. MAPPA is the animator (who animate Attack on Titan). The plot is really good and you will love all characters there.

Reactions: Ren
Angel Beats!: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1639109/

I started this anime because I watched a scene of it that had my sense of humour but I ended up crying more than laughing while watching it LOL. But it was at least a good kind of crying. No matter how much I watched this anime again and again it still manages to make me cry LOL.

At first it seems like some ordinary anime for pervert kids but eventually it gets deep by revealing the main characters' soul and it shows you the POV of them. How you see them changes after you learn about their soul. What makes this anime interesting is because of there is an INFJ protagonist and what he choices.

Well the anime taught me a valuable lesson of people always have a side that they can't express therefore you'll never know them no matter what because you ain't them and you didn't live their life. You look at people but how many people see people truly? Your whole personality gets slam-dunked into a trash bin just because of one subjective negative opinion without even they bother to think about what kind of life you might had before and why you even do the things you do. No wonder it's so since everyone looks for an ideal slave.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2703720/

Why I watched it is because of his usual face so I wanted to know what's the problem of this dude LOL:

Cs1904K.jpg

Don't let the name fool you though, it's not a particularly romantic comedy at all but it's just an ordinary high school drama (events-wise) + philosophy about many topics.

The protagonist is a brotherly INFJ who is not interested in being the socially acceptable person most people trying to be so he just being himself no matter what even though he'll get hurt. One day his teacher forces him to participate In a school club that's for helping people out in general. Because he is not like most people, people dislike him and his way of helping people ain't appreciated because it's not socially acceptable but he somehow manages to help people out even though people hate him for it. As he helps people out and connects with people he becomes a person who finally got out of his head so he can understand people anymore even though he strongly disagrees with the way they live.

Throughout the anime, the protagonist comments on the events, life, people, school life, etc. in a philosophical way which is the actual interesting point of the anime. So tiktok girls who expect BF-GF moments will be so OMG and they'll renegade renegade out of the window when the protagonist explains why he wants to be a bear. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Though its watch order is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru -> Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku.

Hyouka: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2340841/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I watched it because it's similar to My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (both protagonists have the same dead fish face :grinning::grinning::grinning:). It's about a teen male INFJ protagonist who trying to solve mysteries just to make an annoying AF teen female shut up because she forces him to solve these mysteries and he is a simp LOL. It's rather a boring anime and not deep as the aforementioned animes at all but you might be interested in it for the INFJ guy. Yeah, it seems like X-Files but even a fan of X-Files like me didn't like the anime in particular.

Last edited:
I have started watching anime recently! But I feel so old watching them....who else watches them in their thirties??

I watched Aggretsuko which was super deep and very very relatable. I was left very angry with the last episode because the guy gets treated like crap and instead of going for someone else he still went for the girl who has zero feelings for him.

Also watched Violet Evergarden which was really good but I dint cry due to the age of the girl. It just put me right off.

Started watching Yuru Camp because it is very cute and wholesome and also Wotakoi: Love is hard for an Otaku.... only watched episode 1 so far but I found it humorous.

I have started watching anime recently! But I feel so old watching them....who else watches them in their thirties??

Guilty.

I'm following To Your Eternity right now...only one episode out now, but I think it's going to be a good one.

I'm also watching Megalobox 2 Nomad, it's kinda scratching my Mandalorian itch

Guilty.

I'm following To Your Eternity right now...only one episode out now, but I think it's going to be a good one.

I'm also watching Megalobox 2 Nomad, it's kinda scratching my Mandalorian itch

Oh yay Pepper!!! Makes me feel a but better haha.

I'll check both out once I finish these current ones I'm watching. I have been given a whole list of anime to watch by my weeb clan. They keep insisting I watch some high school one called Haikyuu or something like that but I watched one episode and felt super old lol.

There's a few others too but will check the plot before watching them because some just make my moral compass go out of whack :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

So I'll stick Yuru Camp for now and Wotakoi.

1. Monster - It's about topics like human nature, who is the real monster, and the worth of human lives. The anime also has great character development and backstories.
2. Fruits Basket - I think someone mentioned this already, but I'm putting it here again because it's one of my favorite anime :D
3. Hunter X Hunter - Favorite anime. It might be a little slow at the beginning, but once it gets to the Phantom Troupe arc and Chimera Ant Arc, it gets more complicated.
4. Studio Ghibli films