Evangelion Anime | INFJ Forum

Evangelion Anime

Why did he never take advantage of Rei, or Asuka? They kept offering themselves...

ShaiGar said:
Why did he never take advantage of Rei, or Asuka? They kept offering themselves...

Did you see the movie that ended it?

Shinji annoyed me. He was very mentally unstable, passive aggressive, and traumatized.

Satya said:
ShaiGar said:

Did you see the movie that ended it?

Shinji annoyed me. He was very mentally unstable, passive aggressive, and traumatized.

Do you mean End of Evangelion?
There making a new on Rebuild of Evangelion which are made of four movies.

actually, Shinji is an ISTJ. He doesn't understand emotions or other people at all and the fact that he can easily say 'we're doomed' in every moment there doesn't seem to be a logical way to fight the enemy.

actually, Shinji is an ISTJ. He doesn't understand emotions or other people at all and the fact that he can easily say 'we're doomed' in every moment there doesn't seem to be a logical way to fight the enemy.

Personality type alone can't encompass all the issues that poor boy has.

Personality type alone can't encompass all the issues that poor boy has.

True. I was just stating his personality type. But all that crap he's taken really sucks. I hope the four movies make up for the sad and ambiguous ending.

That ending traumatized me...and I'm a grown woman. I enjoyed it, but I think I felt absolutely dead inside when I saw the movie. I couldn't finish watching the movie. The end of the TV show was ok, but because it felt unresolved I ended up watching part of the movie.

And I stopped it right after the army sent their EVA units to destroy Asuka.

*Shudders*

I agree with Satya, too - if Shinji wasn't crazy in the beginning, he sure got that way by the end. Poor boy. The human psyche can only take so much before it self-destructs...

That ending traumatized me...and I'm a grown woman. I enjoyed it, but I think I felt absolutely dead inside when I saw the movie. I couldn't finish watching the movie.

Shinji was actually brought up in one of my psychology classes. Strangely enough, my peers decided his responses were what one could probably expect from a 14 year-old boy undergoing constant trauma. The constant shifting between aggressive impulses and sexual impulses is a common means that human's use to deal with stress and anxiety. The closer a human mind is brought to the brink of fracturing, the stronger our baser impulses become. Even though he is only an anime character, he makes an interesting case study.

I loved this show. It's the only thing I ever watched on adultswim other than FLCL.