INFJ Anime Recommendations? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Anime Recommendations?

If for some reason you do watch the Ghost in the Shell movies, make sure you get copies with the original Japanese voice actors. The English cast was so terrible, I wanted to slap someone.

Also, I know it might be kinda trite, but I really liked Death Note (anime series). It was dark, but very well written.

Another gem of a well written story with amazing art - Metropolis.

[video=youtube;PdxJHPucC8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdxJHPucC8I[/video]

Last edited:
@VH; have you tried Bokurano? I read the manga and it puts Death Note to shame. Death Note looks like cheapass pretentious shonen manga trying too hard to be deep and edgy. >_<

Also, I know it might be kinda trite, but I really liked Death Note (anime series). It was dark, but very well written.

Don't forget about some of the scenes between L and Light... there's a reason so many fangirls draw yaoi involving this couple. It's not exactly a crack pairing lol. On a more serious note (lol...), Death Note is a pretty decent show. I didn't recommend it because I felt the 2nd season... it seemed very pointless to me for the most part. Season 1 was great, but I don't think season 2 matched the quality of season 1.

Oh! Two more:

Paprika (the movie was really well done, albeit a bit trippy and has some nudity)
I also liked the series xxxHolic, if for it's "Twilight Zone" like qualities. The teens aren't too silly in it either.

Oh! Two more:

Paprika (the movie was really well done, albeit a bit trippy and has some nudity)
I also liked the series xxxHolic, if for it's "Twilight Zone" like qualities. The teens aren't too silly in it either.

I've watched both of them and they're pretty awesome!

[MENTION=708]VH[/MENTION] I have seen EVERYTHING I could get my little hands on by Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli, so I've got your list covered... Love, love, love his films! I own every DVD of his that has been released in English =)

Here's another recommendation - Summer Wars

Summer Wars isn’t a film heavy on subtext or philosophy, with its perhaps most obvious theme being modern society’s over-reliance on technology, but elsewhere Hosoda seems to have something to say about the nature of families and relationships in the internet age. To say it is about virtual communities versus real families would be an over simplification, and certainly he doesn’t want to take sides – even while Kenji is envious of Natsuki’s close knit clan, we are subtly reminded that family life is never perfect, and how non-biological bonds can often be the strongest. It is tempting to see this as a response to see this as a response to Miyazaki's outspoken comments on the detrimental effects of the virtual world, especially in light of Hosada’s short-lived career at Ghibli, but in reality the director is refusing to preach at all, the main message here being that strength and happiness lies in the bonds between individuals, and the nature of the connection – digital or analogue, blood or friendship – is ultimately immaterial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbmdYasVDDg

[MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION] - Netflix has Summer Wars! Yay! That blu-ray is now top of the queue. Thanks for the recommendation =)

Oh hey, this is not Japanese in origin, but The Secret of Kells is a fairly recent Irish-French-Belgian animated film that I very much enjoyed (my little brother was kind enough to gift it to me for Christmas =) It's very artsy and has a fresh animation style coupled with a great Celtic-flavored soundtrack.

[video=youtube;tMPhHTtKZ8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPhHTtKZ8Q[/video]

I wouldn't say that I recommend some animes to a type more than another because I usually think everyone should see them but I guess these ones are interesting for INFJs :

-Grave of the Fireflies : absolutely wonderful, about humanity more than war, it's a bit on the pessimistic side and not quite idealistic but truly amazing in the way it was done. I've seen it once and it traumatised me but it's still one you should see.

-Spirited Away : A very beautiful tale, I like the general lack of real manicheism and the personal journey of the main character. It is more about growing up and learning than living an adventure.

-Ponyo : Extremely cute and a bit childish but very interesting - it's a modern adaptation of the Little Mermaid but it's far more interesting than the Disney version. And again : lack of real manicheism. Also, I guess the whole romantic promise between children may be appealing to some people and the dream-like characteristics of the film are just lovely.

-Wolf's Rain has some interesting story to offer and a quest for paradise. The bittersweet ending may be quite emotional and intriguing. I find that it is sometimes a bit too much on the action / violent side to show all of its potential but that's mostly because I'm passive and most of the scenes are justified anyway. It's quite dark and adult compared to many animes and the question of the way the world and paradise are seen is interesting.

There are many of them I haven't seen so I can't tell much.

No one mentioned this, and some would argue it's not anime because it's not Japanese, but I LOVED Avatar: The Last Air Bender. This series was amazingly well written, beautiful, and best of all, each season outdid the last, pulling seemingly unrelated plot threads together amazingly for a finish that can only leave fans wishing there was a fourth season (for no other reason than it was so awesome you'll want more).

View attachment 7596

However, I STRONGLY urge you to stay clear of the steaming pile of crap that was the M. Night. Shananigan's live action adaptation.

Ghost Hound! I don't know if it's necessarily an INFJ anime, but I've been watching the first season so far and it is awesome. It has a lot of psychological info and explanation to it. and it's also on Netflix. Apparently the main writer of Ghost Hound also wrote Ghost in the Shell.

Both the old avatar and the new one are excellent, I'd also add code geass as being pretty interesting

Berserk, Claymore, Vampire Hunted D

More of an NGE kind of guy...and some of the other big ones FMA, Death Note, Trigun, Elfen Lied etc...

the only one that comes to mind right now is Kara no Kyoukai

I don't know if it really fits your requirements, but the one I enjoyed the most of any was Samurai Champloo. A couple people said Cowboy Bebop and it's made by the same guy, so if you take a liking to that one, watch this one. And I think you can still watch them free on Hulu. So that's a plus.