INFJ and INFP assertiveness

Ghoulia Yelps

Community Member
Dec 15, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Do you think you can tell INFJ and INFP apart by the way they assert themselves?
Maybe the J is more reliant on facts in an argument and the P on feelings.
I think INFP is more likely to stand up to a fight.
What you guys think?

Maybe the P would rely more on feelings only because they live more in the moment whereas J's are planners- they would probably think before they speak moreso- although I agree with you about J's relying on facts, its not like emotions dont come into play at all- rather I think that they would implement that into their argument or decision. However I would not say that the INFP is more likely to stand up in a fight- being an INFJ I know that I would stand up in a fight in a heartbeat; I dont allow people to force their opinions on me if I disagree with good reason, and I certainly will make it known if I disagree with you.

Hope that helps, I would love to hear other thoughts.

Oh, but on the topic of assertiveness- that is something that I certainly lack- however if a situation presents itself then I dont hesitate to make my opinion known.

Easy ...

More animated facial expressions = Fe = INFJ
More spantanious, impulsive actions = Ne+Fi = INFP

I tend to focus on expressions and actions to find functional difference.

Do you think you can tell INFJ and INFP apart by the way they assert themselves?
Maybe the J is more reliant on facts in an argument and the P on feelings.
I think INFP is more likely to stand up to a fight.
What you guys think?

I woould never back down for a fight if I am pushed. F or Pness has no relavance in assertiveness. I tend to measure person's assertiveness by the size of their chin and whether it points outward or not. it is an old Mongolian trait I learnt from my uncles when I used to watch wrestling and my uncles would bet on the most assertive wrestler to gauge who would win. They focused on a person's inborn facial characteristics on top of the person's physical strength and agility. They believed that a person - male or female - with a pronounced chin that tilts forward will not back down from a fight if provoked and have tenacity and endurance for a fight - also that they will fight for something they believe in. People with no chin were seen as a person who will not use physical assertiveness to get things done and they will not fight if you provoke them; rather they will fight through other means. Somehow everyone I met; this has been true. Especially in the martial arts and mma circles I trained in - almost all the fighters have varying degrees of chin being wide and forward.

That's cool, I have quite a prominent chin and I'm a girl x
The wimpy INFJ had a beard.....
Guess that doesn't count :p