Incredibly Damaged Candidate | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Incredibly Damaged Candidate

Basket of Deplorables anyone?

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

But the other basket, the other basket, and I know because I see friends from all over America here. I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas, as well as you know New York and California. But that other basket of people who are people who feel that government has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they are just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

Basket of Deplorables anyone?

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

But the other basket, the other basket, and I know because I see friends from all over America here. I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas, as well as you know New York and California. But that other basket of people who are people who feel that government has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they are just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."
Yup. Speeches like that are almost absolute proof of brain damage on her part.

You know I believe the Clintons have had people killed, we know Hillary is a chronic liar, basically Frank Underwood from House of Cards has nothing on the Clintons. Even so I have no desire to see her drop dead as President and have it all over the news. She just needs to drop out of the race and spend what little time she has left with her family. Its more than she deserves karma wise but she could still do it.

Reactions: PintoBean
Dude, umm I'm not American and never have or will vote there, so relax.

Despite what you may think I was very aware of the mistreatment of Japanese Americans, and other things FDR did. I don't think I claimed anywhere he was perfect. But did he serve three terms and help lead the world away from fascist tyranny ? Yes, yes he did.

I'm really no fan of Churchill, who was very right wing and absurdly racist, but I would never deny his courage and influence in helping in that same struggle. He took the job of leading when almost no one else wanted it. He had predicted the war, and could easily have fled to safety. He stayed and fought. Whatever else I think of him I appreciate his personal courage.

Perhaps you may want to take a more objective view of FDR, as you seem reluctant to acknowledge any of the things he achieved. If he hadn't ? I think the world might have been a very different place, and not in a good way.

I think it's fine to have different ideas and opinions so I'm happy to hear views that are opposite to mine. It gives me the chance to critically examine my own opinion, and change it when appropriate.

Whenever I hear people who are "absolutely" certain about something I always want to introduce the word "maybe" as I think that is a far healthier approach. Most of the worst things ever done in the world, come from people who were "certain" they were in the right.

Take care.
Interesting what you are taking away.

Hillary collapse coverage reveals absurdity of biased media
By Michael Goodwin

September 14, 2016 | 1:57am

It is said that history turns on small hinges, and now maybe the presidential race does, too. For hinges don’t get much smaller than the 20-second video of Hillary Clinton collapsing and being lifted into her security vehicle.

Without it, Americans would still be clueless about Clinton’s serious health issues. Because of it, she was forced to admit she has pneumonia.

Because they were scooped by the video, an army of journalists is now under pressure to report facts instead of covering them up. Most important, voters got fresh proof that Clinton’s first instinct is to lie, and then lie again.

Those are just some of the immediate aftershocks of that little video. If my hunch is correct, the fallout is just beginning and eventually will result in voters learning the whole truth of Clinton’s condition.

Start with the fact that she humiliated the so-called best and brightest news organizations. Despite her unshakable reputation for being dishonest and untrustworthy, Clinton nonetheless managed to snooker most mainstream outlets into believing that her coughing fits were just allergies.

Those organizations were so gullible that they created a protective circle around her. Doing a modern imitation of the correspondents of the past who refused to photograph FDR in a wheelchair or refused to reveal JFK’s and LBJ’s White House trysts, the press corps swallowed Clinton’s claim that her health was fine.

They did so despite the fact that she has a history of fainting and falling, including in 2009, when she broke her elbow, and in 2012, when she sustained a concussion and maybe worse. That pattern alone should have resulted in skepticism.

Instead, the press corps closed their minds and treated dissenters like pariahs to coerce conformity. NBC News got the full treatment when it dared to break ranks.

Alone among the big networks and major papers, it did a four-paragraph, 91-word storyon Clinton’s uncontrolled coughing fit during her Labor Day speech. In a flash, campaign operatives and their media handmaidens declared war on the reporter, Andrew Rafferty, lest others also get the crazy notion that their job is to report facts.

Rafferty was mocked and swamped with insults, including from some MSNBC commentators who turned on their sister network. They were like jackals, tearing away at a colleague’s reputation out of partisan allegiance.

The Washington Post, CNN and others added their voices to the Clinton chorus, demonizing any who mentioned her coughing fits as cranks, nut jobs and conspiracy theorists. No news here, they thundered.

In fact, the deniers were suckers. They were buying into the Clinton scam that the world is out to get her. They are her useful idiots.

Guilty of malpractice, they participated in a shameful episode fueled by the media’s determination to defeat Donald Trump. They don’t love Clinton, but their hate for Trump blinds them to their duty.

Because they believe they should pick the president, they didn’t want to know the extent of Clinton’s health problems, and didn’t want anybody else to know, either.

Then, within four days of the NBC story, Clinton’s doctor checked her because of the persistent cough, and diagnosed her with pneumonia. Again, we know that only because the video forced the campaign’s hand.

Of course, it would be foolish to believe we know the full truth now. Allergies don’t usually cause pneumonia, and pneumonia doesn’t usually cause otherwise healthy people to collapse on the street. There’s probably much more to the story.

But neither should we be foolish enough to believe the Washington Post, the New York Times and others will report the full story in straightforward fashion. They soon will suffer their own amnesia about how Clinton humiliated them and jump back into the tank for her.

That process already has started, and the protective circle around her will draw closer as the election does. As she goes, they go.

But remember the little video — it is a hinge of hope. It shows the power of simple facts and the value of the democratization of media.

In this case, it lifted the veil of dishonesty and informed the electorate. In doing so, it reminded millions of Americans why they don’t trust the mainstream media any more than they trust the Clintons.

Smart people, deplorables and all.

Reactions: PintoBean
Im just not getting many likes in this thread. I wonder whats going on?
:m075:

Reactions: Littlelissa and Stu
Guilty of malpractice, they participated in a shameful episode fueled by the media’s determination to defeat Donald Trump. They don’t love Clinton, but their hate for Trump blinds them to their duty.

What about Matt Lauer and Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly? Are they are a part of the vast media conspiracy to defeat Trump?

Reactions: Skarekrow
No one owes you an explanation of anything. Admin are members who enjoy the forum too, and should be able to post for their enjoyment. It's not like they're getting paid. If being an admin was nothing but responsibility and no benefits besides power in some niche corner of the internet, why the fuck would anyone do it? Now you deny them to have fun? Go fuck yourself.

I kind of lurve you for this.

"It seems clear that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton committed multiple felonies involving the passing of classified information through her private email server. The FBI, however, declined to refer the case for prosecution on some very questionable bases," Goodlatte said Wednesday. "We, as Congress and the American people, are troubled how such gross negligence is not punished." - this after the interview of Comey.

Its not unheard of to have cases reopened when extreme negligence of investigators is proven. Hilliar may yet go to jail.

from 15:30 a remarkably skillful take down.

@Stu

I do remember hearing on NPR yesterday (a theory) about how it's in Putin's interest to make the election look illegitimate, regardless of the outcome. As such, the goal of any hacks would not be to actually change the number of votes, but to make the process look otherwise rigged in order to weaken the reputation of countries that are opposed to Russian actions and policies, primarily the US.

Reactions: Stu
@Stu

I do remember hearing on NPR yesterday (a theory) about how it's in Putin's interest to make the election look illegitimate, regardless of the outcome. As such, the goal of any hacks would not be to actually change the number of votes, but to make the process look otherwise rigged in order to weaken the reputation of countries that are opposed to Russian actions and policies, primarily the US.
I have read several articles over the past year about Russia's attempt to weaken the western democracies by feeding the media with so much misinformation that voters no longer trust any source. Given the propensity of people to abandon fact based, evidence based reporting and go with gut based ranting it seems easy to do.