I'm afraid of my intution. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I'm afraid of my intution.

Von, I've said it before (I hope!) but you are wise in the ways of the MBTI force! :D

Interesting POV, Von Hase. My father is an INFJ. I was having a conversation with him several months ago about quantum mechanics, time, alternate universes, future technology, etc. It was fairly mind blowing -- and while not as well versed in the subjects as I was, provided valuable insight into what I was saying. At this point he mentioned something like "I don't like to think so much", a few days later he mentioned that when he's doing art it is like his communication with his higher power.

I found this interesting, because it appeared to me that analysing things too much was not conducive to his peace of mind. I wondered why this was, as analysing things and discussing theories gives me peace of mind.

I've always felt the most fear when it feels like my brain wants to shut down and go into standby mode, and when I try to concentrate on something external, my brain will be struggling harder to go into standby mode when i'm constantly telling it "no! focus!" and it feels like i'm losing control because it's not following my orders well. So if I let it go into standby mode as it is compelled to do (independent of my will) I start to space out and concentrate on 'nothing'! When in fact I believe i'm actually dedicating all my resources to process something that's queued for priority in my subconscious. The fact that I can't see it or redirect my concentration to something external causes me no end of discomfort

Last edited: