If today is your last day, what would you do FOR OTHERS? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

If today is your last day, what would you do FOR OTHERS?

I'd spend time with my family and friends, tell them what they meant to me, and because I only have twenty-four hours, what would remain is maybe donating some of the money and resources I'd been saving for a rainy day to a person who needs a hand up in this world. I'd definitely be an organ donor.

Spend time with my kids. They're so young still I'd want to spend the whole day with them. Get up and make breakfast for them. Run around and play with them outside. Read them stories. Make art with them. Write letters to them about who I was and how much I loved them. Have one last late night up with my wife. Sharing how much I love her and how amazing she is. Make a few last minute very emo phone calls and emails to friends and family.

Tell people I love them and tell them what makes them special and that is about it because I don't live close enough to most of them to visit. I'm already trying to do this more because quite a few people I know in NYC got corona virus and that caused me to reflect on how suddenly things change.
I already have legal documents to cover who will get what.

I'd spend the rest of my day in the forest, listening to favorite music, and with my dogs, cats, and SO.

I would say my goodbyes to my sister and nephews. Thank my grandmother for always being my rock. Then I would spend my time with my girlfriend and her daughter. Write my gf a letter of how proud I am of her and how she’s such a good mom. And go to sleep with my dog also. I’d rather die while sleeping I have a fear of dying in water so anything but drowning or agonizing pain.

I'd spend it with my children, plain and simple as that. I like to think that I'd tell them what they mean to me and what makes them special in this world and we would feast on whatever they want and I'll happily enjoy their sticky fingerprints they'll leave everywhere.

I would cherish as many hours with my loved ones and my partner. Tell my family how much I love them and hug them tightly. Leave them voice recordings for them to listen and go back to often.

For my boyfriend, I would make sure our last day together was also special and write a few letters as well for him beforehand to open on special occasions when either things get rough, holidays, birthdays and when he misses me.

And one that is very bittersweet—a letter if he finds someone else and is considering opening his heart again. That I would want him to be happy and would be overjoyed that he found someone to keep him company and happy while I’m gone. And to make sure that this person loves him unconditionally and treats him well, because he deserves it.

LOL I’m tearing up just typing this and it’s not even a real thing that will happen!

Gahhhh. Emotions.

I would want them to know that I’ve lived each and every past days existing for us, meaning that, I’ve existed (even before having the thought of living) thinking, caring and being considerate towards others. And at the end, despite what it looks like around there, people who cares about people do exist, therefore they should be living knowing that.

Even if I don’t have a clue how’d I do that, it is still an abstract but honest answer hahahahaha

Me too! :)

But...If you have one day to live, what would you do for others?

That's a pretty short space of time really, so I think I would just tell the people that matter to me how much they matter to me. :)

I would want them to know that I’ve lived each and every past days existing for us, meaning that, I’ve lived thinking, caring and being considerate towards others. And at the end, despite what it looks like around there, people who cares about people do exist, therefore they should be living knowing that.

Even if I don’t have a clue how’d I do that, it is still an abstract but honest answer hahahahaha

You might want to opt for a simpler message. I'm not sure I even understood it :laughing:

You might want to opt for a simpler message. I'm not sure I even understood it :laughing:
But it’s so crystal clear in my head hahahahaha

I get that.
So, lack of consideration and respect towards the fact that we aren’t in this world alone is a common scenario. God knows what apathy has caused in this little big blue globe, and that thought makes it look madder and more cruel than it should be, considering that earth has existed for ages and people have been that pinch of conflicting existence.
Should we even be reflecting on this thread if we knew that being considerate in our societal context is common?
So, I meant that as, caring for others (mainly accepting people’s importance for simply... existing among us), should be an everyday matter and people should live knowing that others who care about others, in an everyday picture, do exist :relaxed:

*inner thoughts: jeez did I wander too much? Should I rewrite this? I hope they get it...*

Last edited:
I would want them to know that I’ve lived each and every past days existing for us, meaning that, I’ve existed (even before having the thought of living) thinking, caring and being considerate towards others. And at the end, despite what it looks like around there, people who cares about people do exist, therefore they should be living knowing that.

There are many many beautiful answers here in this thread doncha think Somnium? Most everyone's response is filled with love in one way or the other.
Most people aren't feeling the call to look at humanity as one big family yet....but it sounds like you are. :D That makes me smile in my heart.
I understand your desire for all to know you shared your Love energy for the collective whole...uplifting them with your frequency while being here.
The energy we carry within us affects the people around us....and the collective at large.
I live most of my days as if it's the last one I'll have. During my daily practice of meditations and such I always send my love compassion energy out to my beloveds and Humanity in the hope they can feel love flowing freely in their hearts like I can feel within mine. It's an amazing state of Being to experience as I feel the energy begin to build within my field and then flow out in ripples to the world. It's palpable and tangible. ...and oh so effective from what I witness in my own life.

You are treasure on this planet. Keep on Being You.

There are many many beautiful answers here in this thread doncha think Somnium? Most everyone's response is filled with love in one way or the other.
Most people aren't feeling the call to look at humanity as one big family yet....but it sounds like you are. :D That makes me smile in my heart.
That makes two of us! I feel brighter after reading your wholehearted answer, and do get the same feeling, indeed.
I sincerely appreciate those kind words, @Kgal :blush::relaxed:

Tell them the secret to the Universe... then just die

42-nerdfitnessrebellion-anim.gif

42-nerdfitnessrebellion-anim.gif

When I turned 42 I simply announced that I was "the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything", and let my friends figure it out. Haha. When I turned 43 I thought, "This isn't as fun."

Last edited: