I Think I Just Saw The Grim Reaper | INFJ Forum

Truth Eternity

Community Member
Dec 30, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm a highly empathic male INFJ, to get a view of where I'm coming from. I can see ghosts, entities, and other beings criss-crossing dimensions at times, and I can sense them as well. The weird thing is that just a few minutes ago, right after my roommates left to go get dinner at the main building on campus (I'm eating at the apartment), while I was on my computer, I just saw a quick flash (longer than the majority of times) of a figure with a long, black cloak and shadowy features, maybe 6' tall, with a staff that has a handle about 6' and an about 3' sickle blade that creates a crescent and is quite curved (almost an entire circle). I couldn't make out the face at the time but he or it (It's definitely not feminine, and I got an 'it' feeling, though it seemed that it wanted to appear more towards the masculine side, but it definitely is an it), had a white, maybe bony snout/something similar looking extended from its face, and 2 horn-like protrusions that looked like if they were the size of cow/bull/ ears, but were horn-like in shape, though small for what you would think of the size of horns. The horn-like protrusions may have been underneath a cloak/shadowy veil, as it seemed like some half-existing/semi-dark cloak was covering its face for the most part. I see many things like this, but this one stood out. I don't think it's the Grim Reaper, as I'm sure I could sense him uniquely, and it tried to hide its evil (if its looks match up) "aura". I think it's been the thing that's been bothering me in my dreams and outside them for the past few years, as I think it uses its sickle staff to wrap around me and sort of gain entrance into a part of my psyche. I'm definitely not crazy, and it, so far, seems to only be able to bother me using it's sickle staff, and that seems to be unavailable to it sometimes. This is what I got from it. What do you guys think? Have you experienced anything similar or have seen the same thing? I'm not afraid of whatever it is, but I'm definitely curious.

I hope I posted this in the correct forum thread.

There's a cloaked entity and a hat man entity that I've seen and apparently others have too.

s_topTEMP425x425-3668.jpeg

There's a cloaked entity and a hat man entity that I've seen and apparently others have too.

s_topTEMP425x425-3668.jpeg
The cloak was thinner and it was masuline with a long staff and a crescent moon sickle blade at the tip. Also, the face had some white detail somehow and looked as if something was portruding, though I'm pretty sure nothing was portruding and I was just noticing white markings. The hood was more fitting and was thinner or more transparent than the rest, but covered most of the face. I don't think it was the Hat Man or the Old Had in her cloaked form, since they usually tend to keep their distance no matter how much I try to provoke them (I try to stay away from the old hag). I love writing this at 2 in the morning (with immense sarcasm). I'm not scared thankfully, but I try not to mention the Old Hag as I just don't need that in my life. The Hat Man is different and doesn't seem inherently/entirely evil, more like it feeds on strong/negative energy, and fear makes a lot of energy quite easily. That's just my theory about it, though if they try to keep their distance I'm automatically suspicious.

It's not the old hag and not femanine, more gender neutral. But I do think your thing is different from it as well as it's just got the eyes, no white features

It's not the old hag and not femanine, more gender neutral. But I do think your thing is different from it as well as it's just got the eyes, no white features
It was definitely a face that it wanted covered up. That was the "white" I saw. I can tune into strong memories (as I don't have a photographic memory anymore, it only takes photos of powerful memories now) and sometimes see it more clearly. I was hesitant to do so at first since I didn't want to invite it or anything, but I can do so without inviting it, it just takes more effort. But I got telhe initial sense it didn't want me seeing its face, though I got no sense as to why.

I've seen something similar to yours too. Around the time I was ten, I saw a flash and then a cloaked figure pointing at me. It seemed to have a bony hand. Though I haven't seen a figure with horns, my sister has in one of her dreams, and your descriptions are very similar to both her and my accounts.

I am also highly intuitive, INFJ and have sensed & experienced things of this nature since I was a very little girl. When I was about 13 I lived in a house with all glass walls / windows that wrapped around the living room & kitchen. In this house I experienced a lot of things, including nail polish bottles exploding, glass lightbulb covers, & one night - I went down to make a sandwhich alone and saw a black cloaked figure floating through the yard slowly. It was moving over the sidewalk near our pool, ironically. The pool light was on so its seeming lack of feet and "float" were very apparent. It was hooded so I never saw the face. But I ran upstairs as fast as I could. In that house there were flashes of light a few times as well as the exploding incidences - which coincidentally I have experienced my entire life. I also get sensations that I'm not alone often, if that made sense..

I am also highly intuitive, INFJ and have sensed & experienced things of this nature since I was a very little girl. When I was about 13 I lived in a house with all glass walls / windows that wrapped around the living room & kitchen. In this house I experienced a lot of things, including nail polish bottles exploding, glass lightbulb covers, & one night - I went down to make a sandwhich alone and saw a black cloaked figure floating through the yard slowly. It was moving over the sidewalk near our pool, ironically. The pool light was on so its seeming lack of feet and "float" were very apparent. It was hooded so I never saw the face. But I ran upstairs as fast as I could. In that house there were flashes of light a few times as well as the exploding incidences - which coincidentally I have experienced my entire life. I also get sensations that I'm not alone often, if that made sense..
I have the same feeling a lot of the time, but sometimes it goes away. Once, in my senior year of high school, when I was asleep, I felt a thing (which would normally bother me), crawl up on me and I threw it off like a full powered wrestler body throw. It got scared for a few days then got more pissed than ever. It seems to come around when I think about it a lot. But if I don't if think about it, it seems like it prefers to stay away. Over time it seemed like it wants to stay further and further away. I can fight it better, so that may be why. It comes around during large amounts of grief, and after my parents divorce at the end of my junior year of high school, it pretty much became a thing. Before that, it appeared very rarely in my dreams as a very large, black wolf that would be at the other side of a portal and would try to get me. It eventually came through and would attack me in my dreams, but it wouldn't do snt damage and would run off scared afterwards. It might be a product of my hyper sensitivity and my grief creating something, but the thing is pretty much gone now, though my grief still remains (but much much less due to wonderful support from a certain people). I still want to kill it or however you'd get rid of it for all the torture it's caused me in the past.

I've seen something similar to yours too. Around the time I was ten, I saw a flash and then a cloaked figure pointing at me. It seemed to have a bony hand. Though I haven't seen a figure with horns, my sister has in one of her dreams, and your descriptions are very similar to both her and my accounts.
I never really saw it again. I don't think it's the thing I described to Misty, as I've seen a bunch of different shit in my life. I used to see 3 or 4 ghosts in my old house at times when I was young, but I stopped seeing them when I goiced to then that they freaked me out. Just seemed like regular people who were living out their lives, but now dead. This one dude seemed depressed. But this one ghost who was huge and tall, would always be seen by me walking down a certain couple of rooms. It really creeped me out and wasn't very forgiving. Seemed like a more stern, older lady in a ragged hospital gown or something similar looking. She was probably just protective though. All the other ghosts were a blueish shade, especially the depressed looking one. I one time saw a disimbodied head of him go up right next to my ear and try to say something, but I couldn't make it out. It bothered me and I think the ghost felt bad.
I later asked my mom when I was in high school if I saw any ghosts when I was younger, and she said yeah, but she tried to steer me away from that. I don't that's right for someone else to do that, but I'm glad she did since I really don't want to deal with ghosts in my life. I understand many need help and of course come to those who can see and help them, but I just can't. Especially when there presence attracts more sinister things.

Reactions: flower and Misty
I have the same feeling a lot of the time, but sometimes it goes away. Once, in my senior year of high school, when I was asleep, I felt a thing (which would normally bother me), crawl up on me and I threw it off like a full powered wrestler body throw. It got scared for a few days then got more pissed than ever. It seems to come around when I think about it a lot. But if I don't if think about it, it seems like it prefers to stay away. Over time it seemed like it wants to stay further and further away. I can fight it better, so that may be why. It comes around during large amounts of grief, and after my parents divorce at the end of my junior year of high school, it pretty much became a thing. Before that, it appeared very rarely in my dreams as a very large, black wolf that would be at the other side of a portal and would try to get me. It eventually came through and would attack me in my dreams, but it wouldn't do snt damage and would run off scared afterwards. It might be a product of my hyper sensitivity and my grief creating something, but the thing is pretty much gone now, though my grief still remains (but much much less due to wonderful support from a certain people). I still want to kill it or however you'd get rid of it for all the torture it's caused me in the past.
Wow, that's intense. I have been told by a few that the exploding objects must mean I'm a poltergeist, lol. But, I sense darkness in these times, so I doubt that. And yet on the flipside I have also experienced these things during times of high stress / emotion. Dreams, hmm. Well for me it's more like a dream that repeats. One as a child where a cave type of man would slowly come outof our basement and I would lay in bed at night listening to his stick thud every 3 seconds.. up the spiral stairs, thud.. thud.. thud. Then he would turn and slowly start again down the long hall to the end, stopping at my bedroom door.

The dream I have had for the last few years is of me casting out a demon in my house. In the dream things are moving and breaking in response to my words. Then just before I wake there comes a point where I am trying to yell to force it to leave but each time I try.. the demon takes my voice so only a whisper escapes. Then as I start to really panic in the dream, bam.. I wake.

Reactions: flower
Wow, that's intense. I have been told by a few that the exploding objects must mean I'm a poltergeist, lol. But, I sense darkness in these times, so I doubt that. And yet on the flipside I have also experienced these things during times of high stress / emotion. Dreams, hmm. Well for me it's more like a dream that repeats. One as a child where a cave type of man would slowly come outof our basement and I would lay in bed at night listening to his stick thud every 3 seconds.. up the spiral stairs, thud.. thud.. thud. Then he would turn and slowly start again down the long hall to the end, stopping at my bedroom door.

The dream I have had for the last few years is of me casting out a demon in my house. In the dream things are moving and breaking in response to my words. Then just before I wake there comes a point where I am trying to yell to force it to leave but each time I try.. the demon takes my voice so only a whisper escapes. Then as I start to really panic in the dream, bam.. I wake.
Your situation sounds like an actual haunting. I'd get that checked out asap.

Reactions: flower and Misty
Your situation sounds like an actual haunting. I'd get that checked out asap.
Yeah, only had one lightbulb explode about 3 months ago and nothing more really of late, save for little noises here and there. But these experiences run in my family. So, hmm.. maybe. But now it's mostly in dreams.

Reactions: flower and G4RiiM
Yeah, only had one lightbulb explode about 3 months ago and nothing more really of late, save for little noises here and there. But these experiences run in my family. So, hmm.. maybe. But now it's mostly in dreams.
You could be gifted. There are people with wonderful abilities here on Earth. And naturally, those who are gifted attract unwanted attention. Whether it be other beings who are happy they can interact with you, or evil beings threatened by your existence, having abilities attracts much unwanted attention.

Reactions: Misty and flower
You could be gifted. There are people with wonderful abilities here on Earth. And naturally, those who are gifted attract unwanted attention. Whether it be other beings who are happy they can interact with you, or evil beings threatened by your existence, having abilities attracts much unwanted attention.
Mhm.. now this makes sense to me. My mother and I have incredible Ni. And to the point where I know things will happen or are happening when I shouldn't.. but more than what's standard for INFJ. That's what the ^^ "Spidey Sense Weilder" means in my Avi signiture. There have been times I have ignored my sense bc it seemed ridiculous and I got in big trouble each & every time. Once it told me not to take a certain road on a certain day. I ignored it bc I was late. One minute after I turned onto the road a woman ran a red light and hit me. I have more tales like these. My mother too.

She wanted to go snow skiing for years & years but it never lined up for her. Finally one day her friends invited her and her schedule was clear. She said her spidey sense / gut felt very dark. That she felt very afraid and rejected the trip immediately due to her sense of doom. The friends gave her spot in the car to another friend.. a man. The next day my mother woke to the news that they had been in an accident on the way to the ski resort. The man sitting in the backseat where my mother would have sat was killed. A pole pierced the spot where she was to ride, decapitating him.

Reactions: Kgal
Mhm.. now this makes sense to me. My mother and I have incredible Ni. And to the point where I know things will happen or are happening when I shouldn't.. but more than what's standard for INFJ. That's what the ^^ "Spidey Sense Weilder" means in my Avi signiture. There have been times I have ignored my sense bc it seemed ridiculous and I got in big trouble each & every time. Once it told me not to take a certain road on a certain day. I ignored it bc I was late. One minute after I turned onto the road a woman ran a red light and hit me. I have more tales like these. My mother too.

She wanted to go snow skiing for years & years. Finally one day her friends invited her. She said her spidey sense / gut was very dark. That she felt very afraid and rejected the trip immediately due to sense of doom. The friends gave her spot in the car to another friend.. a man. The next day my mother woke to the news that they had been in an accident on the way to the ski resort. The man sitting in the backseat where my mother would have sat was killed. A pole pierced the seat where she was to ride, decapitating him.
Damn. Sorry about the dude, but I'm glad your mother's okay. I've got the same sense. Calling it Spidy Sense is wonderful, though. Huge Spiderman fan. But I'm gifted in many ways, and I know others who are gifted as well. But the Spidy Sense intensifies for more serious matters with me as well. But you specifically seem to attract much unwanted spiritual attention. Maybe your literal glass house was haunted and some of them followed you. Only bad things follow, though, and only bad things are able to explode objects as well. Regular spirits can't. But you and your mother, if you both are gifted and you are not fully aware of it, you can explode things. I'd recommend mastering your gifts as well, as it does seem you possess something. For some people, they can be dangerous if not mastered soon enough.

Reactions: Misty
Damn. Sorry about the dude, but I'm glad your mother's okay. I've got the same sense. Calling it Spidy Sense is wonderful, though. Huge Spiderman fan. But I'm gifted in many ways, and I know others who are gifted as well. But the Spidy Sense intensifies for more serious matters with me as well. But you specifically seem to attract much unwanted spiritual attention. Maybe your literal glass house was haunted and some of them followed you. Only bad things follow, though, and only bad things are able to explode objects as well. Regular spirits can't. But you and your mother, if you both are gifted and you are not fully aware of it, you can explode things. I'd recommend mastering your gifts as well, as it does seem you possess something. For some people, they can be dangerous if not mastered soon enough.
Spiderman is cool. My son wore his spidey mask today while shopping. He loves it.

Yes, well the exploding things, movies fast forwarding / rewinding on their own, door handles jiggling, and windows raising all occured in one house when I was very little. And then in all houses after that the exploding continued and the sensation of something "with" me, indeed. Being watched. Yes, I just sold my current house & I think I will have my new house blessed.. the doors anointed etc.

What freaked me out most was that my son ( 5 ) is very HSP like me. And he has been sticking to me like glue in the house as soon as it gets dark.. even closing doors so he can't see the dark out the windows. I chalked it up to him sensing every little nuance, like me, and thought he was just scared of the dark. But upon talking to him over this, he says that one night while sleeping in my room with me, he woke and saw two red eyes beside my bed. I asked him if he was maybe just still dreaming, but he got very upset and said no! I was awake and you were asleep.. right there, mommy! I then hugged him and told him I believe him. And I do.

Reactions: G4RiiM
Spiderman is cool. My son wore his spidey mask today while shopping. He loves it.

Yes, well the exploding things, movies fast forwarding / rewinding on their own, door handles jiggling, and windows raising all occured in one house when I was very little. And then in all houses after that the exploding continued and the sensation of something "with" me, indeed. Being watched. Yes, I just sold my current house & I think I will have my new house blessed.. the doors anointed etc.

What freaked me out most was that my son ( 5 ) is very HSP like me. And he has been sticking to me like glue in the house as soon as it gets dark.. even closing doors so he can't see the dark out the windows. I chalked it up to him sensing every little nuance, like me, and thought he was just scared of the dark. But upon talking to him over this, he says that one night while sleeping in my room with me, he woke and saw two red eyes beside my bed. I asked him if he was maybe just still dreaming, but he got very upset and said no! I was awake and you were asleep.. right there, mommy! I then hugged him and told him I believe him. And I do.
Yeah, I hope the blessing will help. If not, I'd tell your local priest and find possibly an exorcist. I'm sorry you're going through this. But better sooner than later since they bet on passivity and fear to keep you from doing anything. Especially with your son around.

Reactions: AmeyT18 and Misty