I have a dream | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I have a dream

Since my late teens I've had reoccurring dreams of walking alone endlessly through all sorts of scenery. Sometimes it's a wooded area or alongside a highway at night, but most often it's a strange foreign city with a mix of historic and futuristic elements. In these dreams I never have any personal memories or knowledge of who I am and I walk with no purpose or direction. Sometimes I also end up in some weird, creepy, rundown old building with endless hallways that seem like a maze.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it means I'm lost in life, but I already knew that.

Might as well try to get this thread going again, I enjoy reading dreams.

Last night I had a pretty unusual dream - There were these entities called watchers - they appeared as large dark eyes in the sky. I saw that humans only interacted and cared for each other while the watchers could see them, if they wandered off out of sight they were capable of unusual things - immortality/being completely lost in thought. In one part of my dream I clearly remember a man wandering out of the watchers sight, he got lost in thought - everything around him began to change, but he existed as he did before - hundreds of years passed, his house deteriorated into nothing - as did the young children he had long since forgotten. He finally stepped back into the sight of the watchers, and just like that he remembered everything...

Nice one! Based on this dream, I would totally agree that you are an introvert (ie when not in the presence of others, you shine). Feel free to share more dreams if you have them.

Last edited:
Reactions: endersgone
I have always had pretty intense dreams. Even as a child I can recall some of my dreams more vividly than actual memories. One dream that will probably stick with me for the rest of my life happened a couple of months after my brother passed away in 2006.

I was at my mother

... I have just always been a very intense dreamer.

You're not alone, often times my dreams help me find peace as well - they help me answer questions that I normally couldn't, help me make sense of things... when I'm not terrified by them, that is.

I have plenty of vivid Nightmares as well, used to have a lot of Night Terrors when I was younger, scary stuff!

I don't recall most dreams lately, though I usually have very strange dreams loosely based on reality. There are many where I hear sirens and it turns out it's my alarm clock, or I really have to pee and am searching for a bathroom or something, and when I wake up I do REALLY have to pee (though once I woke up because I had pee'd...that was a bit embarassing!) Anway, last night I had a dream that my body was infested with tiny green caterpillars. They looked kind of like inchworms. They were crawling on me here and there and that didn't bother me, but they were also crawling in and out of the corners of my eyes. (My allergies do have me fighting mild conjunctivitis, but that's more creative than my mind has been in a long time...little inchworms in the corners of my eyes.) :sleep:

I had another nightmare last night, the third one in the last month that I have woken up sweating as if I had been running for miles and my heart pounding in my chest. This time though I woke up standing at the foot of my bed looking at it while saying, “What the F***?” I don’t remember anything of what I was dreaming except at the end when I heard a voice that scared the living hell out of me. All of these nightmares in the last five months are really starting to wear on me, especially on my psyche. I don’t even want to sleep anymore because of them. It’s almost like my childhood all over again.

I have started looking into the cause of frequent nightmares in adults and I don’t know if I a match any of them. One of the largest causes is new medication and I don’t take any medication besides daily vitamins and those aren’t new. I guess I could be suffering from PTSD considering it did all start to happen around my brother’s death but it’s not like I am reliving a traumatic event in any of these. None of the dreams seem correlated at all. I guess I could just be going insane or it could be a response to the things I have been discussing in therapy. I have had them buried a long time, I don’t doubt me bringing them up has some type of psychological impact.

All I know is that sleep has become my enemy again and I dread it. I am now working out too extremes and then taking long baths every night to essentially knock myself out. I have found that if I am too exhausted that the dreams don’t happen, it’s when I go to sleep having an active mind that they come. On the bright side, I am getting in great shape. Haha I'm back down into my 32" pant size but at the same time added 2" to my chest so my shirts all look way to tight on the top half of me and way too loose on the bottom half.

I've been having quite a few dreams/nightmares lately... there's a few I can still recall, but most have faded.

One that was pretty vivid, involved being locked in a mental institution where the doctors/nurses do "experiments" on us... they basically made us look like monsters. Gave us pointed teeth, dyed our hair and skin... weird stuff, oh and then one of the doctors tried to sell me a collectors edition of some lego star wars something or other. Then I somehow ended up in India with some old friends, we were in some sort of theater with an open roof... as we looked at the sky and the stars began shifting and moving creating a blur of awesomeness... I was then in a supermarket where they tried to charge me 20$ for a slushie. The last part I remember was being in some sort of restaurant (that was half art-museum) where the waitress wouldn't serve us... so I left and drove my car through her house. There's other stuff, but it's quite "messy/ blurry"... I'll see what I can remember later.

A couple nights ago, right before the day of my biology final exam, I dreamt that I was being surrounded by bunnies giving birth, and was helping to facilitate this happening. They were all snuggling up on me, and it was great, but it didn't last long because my alarm rang and I had to get up.

I do not know what this means. Probably from looking at [MENTION=3791]knight in battle[/MENTION] 's avatar change the night before, and from reviewing material on reproduction and mammals and things like that.

I just had a dream that I was in a foreign land. A different culture where people spoke a different language than my own. I was not completely uneasy being there though. I was brought there by someone that loved me very much and I also loved that person very deeply. It was his homeland in a way or someplace he was very comfortable being. In the dream I awoke in the morning and was aimlessly walking through the streets in my PJ's and robe trying to find my way. I was obviously lost and people were staring at me because everyone except me was dressed in street clothes.

I could see my romantic love in the distance but he couldn't help me because he was working with other people. He saw me fumbling around trying to find my way so he sent several people to help me. Quite a few people came to help me but one woman in particular was very, very kind. I liked her very much. I could see the love in her eyes and felt how sincere and genuine she was. She took my hand and I instantly felt a sense of safety. I could feel my romantic love feeling more at ease because I was feeling more at ease.

In the dream I was embarrassed to be seen so vulnerable but also so happy to feel the kind and loving comfort of my romantic love and others. I felt safe and at home in that foreign land. When I woke up from the dream I felt loved and cared for and that feeling stayed with me all day.

I have heard and read that many Jungian Psychotherapists hold the belief that an individual's Unconscious mind is not rooted in the here and now. As a result the individual's entire life experience is available for symbolization.

Hi Stu,

that's very interesting. I'd love to hear more about that idea. Would you mind expanding on it a bit so that it's easier to grasp the full implications of what you're saying?

I have opened a discussion on this topic here -->(http://www.infjs.com/forums/group.p...mentid=12981&commentid=961#picturecomment_961) and will post a coherent response in the coming days.

Great, i'll look forward to it, thanks!

The implications of what youre saying are amazing and it reminds me of that recent experiment with the neutrinos that threatened to overturn the current paradigm about cause and effect

I'm sure the current consensus perceptions are going to be turned on their head at some point, kinda like learning the worlds round not flat but perhaps even more revolutionary, which is very exciting.

I think intuitives have been discerning something long before science could get a handle on it which in itself makes you wonder on what levels everything is operating.....there's certainly more to reality than meets the eye!

while decidedly off topic, the Neutrino being faster than light did not bare out examination. That said, it may well be that the observable evidence simply points to another (yet unimagined) paradigm.

I have started looking into the cause of frequent nightmares in adults and I don’t know if I a match any of them. One of the largest causes is new medication and I don’t take any medication besides daily vitamins and those aren’t new. I guess I could be suffering from PTSD considering it did all start to happen around my brother’s death but it’s not like I am reliving a traumatic event in any of these. None of the dreams seem correlated at all. I guess I could just be going insane or it could be a response to the things I have been discussing in therapy. I have had them buried a long time, I don’t doubt me bringing them up has some type of psychological impact.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-11-painful-memories.html

Last night, I had a dream that a guy in my anatomy class was stuck on a boat with me, and forced me to give him a blow job, after I got a manicure done in neon pink with the letters of my name on them.

Reactions: sassafras