Hypothesis for typing infj's on sight | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hypothesis for typing infj's on sight

You mean you can't just feel people's auras and type them that way? Filthy casual.

Reactions: rawr
Im right there with you op. Any girl who is not smiling and then smiles is a def INFJ. Ive noticed this as well.

Lol!

Lol this topic. Did you actually force each girl to do the briggs test after you decided they were INFJ's ? Cause that hidden smile can just as well be from an ENFJ. My sister's one and when I see her in town sometimes she looks just as serious as the rest but if she recognizes someone she grins too. So it definitely is not a INFJ only thing. And there are likely many others who do this too.

but sure I will let you entertain the thought you got an INFJ girls radar in your head.
Just keep in mind, INFJ is only a set of parameters to define us as a group. We're not all the same. Just look at those topics with personality tests. we still get different results from each other.

I think maybe if you could explain it a bit better or...or worse...

My hypothesis is really simple. Its all about the eyes. Ne eyes are scatered and they give the impression of naivety and childishness (mostly at ENTPs, but also to INTPs and ENFPs). Ni eyes are exacty the oposite, very focused and they give the impression of a penetrative and intense stare. To INFJs also, the Ni stare has a introspective and contemplating aura, whereas to ENTJs for example, it has a Te nuance, which is very "crazy" or "maniac", as if they are some kind of untamed horses or something.

Ne eyes:
View attachment 19992 View attachment 19993

Ni eyes:
View attachment 19994

I am confident that I am INFJ through and through... and I wouldn't use this pattern of penetrating eyes as the ultimate visual indicator of an INFJ... at least for me, I know I don't give penetrative stares to everyone I meet. My eyes will flit from place to place just like any interlocutor engaged in an one-on-one conversation in civilized society would be apt to do.... maybe this is hairsplitting.... but I am sure there are times when my eyes may have that look of childlike wonderment that you speak of... I do have a tendency to draw my brows together when I am concentrating on someone or something.

I guess this would have to be taken together with other "signature cues" for it to be used as a valid typing tool.

Anyway, I do totally break out into big smiles seemingly out of nowhere, and for apparently no reason. My facial expressions are quite mobile on the whole.

I am confident that I am INFJ through and through... and I wouldn't use this pattern of penetrating eyes as the ultimate visual indicator of an INFJ... at least for me, I know I don't give penetrative stares to everyone I meet. My eyes will flit from place to place just like any interlocutor engaged in an one-on-one conversation in civilized society would be apt to do.... maybe this is hairsplitting.... but I am sure there are times when my eyes may have that look of childlike wonderment that you speak of... I do have a tendency to draw my brows together when I am concentrating on someone or something.

I guess this would have to be taken together with other "signature cues" for it to be used as a valid typing tool.

Anyway, I do totally break out into big smiles seemingly out of nowhere, and for apparently no reason. My facial expressions are quite mobile on the whole.
Sure, not INFJs are the same. The Fe subtype is very different from Ni subtype, it has the appearence of a emotional and charming person. Their eyes usualy are "fluid" like water, as if they flow back and forth, with shades of emotions, and they are not by any means penetrative or intense, but they have a artistic and lyrical aura to them. Its very difficult to explain their style, because this subtype is pretty rare, this variant of this subtype, because even within the Fe subtype, there are even more variations.
Michel Jarre is someone who comes pretty close to the INFJ Fe subtype I am talking about. But they can have even a more impressive and artistic appearence, much more extravagant. So here is Michel Jarre:

images.jpgjarre-sm.jpg

Look at those eyes...see that? This guy really has style, no joke.