How weird are you? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How weird are you?

I swear, to have a room full of infjs and friends is something very special. No judgement. Seriously.

I don't know. If I do at some point, I will not be using voice until I am comfortable. Let me think about it.

But of course the truth and dare game unveiled a lot of hidden truths. The best part..As well as a rollercoaster of emotions and love in the room.

too many feels <3

I swear, to have a room full of infjs and friends is something very special. No judgement. Seriously.

I'm not worried about judgement. My problem is that I am extremely cautious about putting myself in situations that might lead me to become closer to people. I would rather not get into too much detail over it but it is directly related to the abuse I suffered as a child.

I know it is something I need to work on but it is difficult for me. I was forced into building this emotional wall between me and others at a very young age so I'm not sure I know how to let it go. Whenever I am presented with a situation that would draw me closer to others, the breaks in my mind get slammed on and I hear warning sirens going off. It's not that I don't want to be closer to others, but I have trained my mind to not allow it.

I don't know if that makes any sense. Sorry for derailing.

But yeah, that's how weird I am, lol.

I'm not worried about judgement. My problem is that I am extremely cautious about putting myself in situations that might lead me to become closer to people. I would rather not get into too much detail over it but it is directly related to the abuse I suffered as a child.

I know it is something I need to work on but it is difficult for me. I was forced into building this emotional wall between me and others at a very young age so I'm not sure I know how to let it go. Whenever I am presented with a situation that would draw me closer to others, the breaks in my mind get slammed on and I hear warning sirens going off. It's not that I don't want to be closer to others, but I have trained my mind to not allow it.

I don't know if that makes any sense. Sorry for derailing.

But yeah, that's how weird I am, lol.
:smilehug:

I'm sorry that you suffered abuse as a child. You and no child ever deserves that. It does have a long lasting impact but it sounds like you have called upon an inner strength and gotten yourself to where you are today. From what I can recall you're married with 3 children, have a good job and good friends. It often gives us a depth that others don't reach. An understanding of others as well as that wall you talk about.

Others have also spoken about that risk of becoming closer to others - more about a fear of losing that friendship rather than of others in here saying hurtful things. And becoming closer to others just happens when it feels right.

You have let that wall down and didn't even go into the chat room. Trust my friend. Wait and see. :)