Regular Poster
Dec 9, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Cast Keanu Reeves....

cowboy+bebop.jpg

Seriously though.. he has been cast to play the role of Spike Speigel in the live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Surely they knew the reaction this would incite from die-hard fans of the anime....

Discuss!

It's going to be like Dracula all over again :m142: Only with anime fans. It'll be a figurative bloodbath.

LMAO well that's just adding insult to injury!

It's risky enough to make live action versions of anime in the first place. Wasn't there a live action DragonBall movie? Good lawd, just knowing that one exists makes me wince.

Yeah he's a big fan of it...but I agree, I just can't see Keanu as Spike.

What you mean is, make any of them live action.

They've all sucked. Even if one had been decent thus far fans would still say it's terrible because it's not the anime.

I think he is perfect for the role

Cast Keanu Reeves....

cowboy+bebop.jpg

Seriously though.. he has been cast to play the role of Spike Speigel in the live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Surely they knew the reaction this would incite from die-hard fans of the anime....

Discuss!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please tell me this isn't true.
I'm gonna go die now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE"]YouTube - darth vader says NOOOOOOO[/ame]

Cast Keanu Reeves....

cowboy+bebop.jpg

Discuss!

I'm a die hard fan of cowboy bebop. Honestly, I can't envision anyone being Spike but I don't think Reeves was the worst choice they could have made. In all honestly, it's probably going to be a bad movie, but not exactly because Keanu reeves is in it. Live action movies tend to just be that way as of recently in cases like this.

He's been tagged to that film for a long time but it's still in its early developmental stages. He'll probably take the role but anything can happen.

They didnt learn after dragonball Z live action?

F**k it, why don't they just go all out and hire the guy who directed the last airbender movie to direct this one.

F**k it, why don't they just go all out and hire the guy who directed the last airbender movie to direct this one.

Hmmm you know how in maths two negatives make a positive? Could be worth a shot...

By bothering to release it to any self respecting audience.

That's pretty old news but yeah. Never was a fan of Keanu as Spike; he can't carry the cool factor well enough. But is it strange that I can see Wesley Snipes as Jet--? I mean, if you're going to go for broke, go big... :m129:

Hes not the absolute worst person for the role. Who would you guys cast?

That's pretty old news but yeah. Never was a fan of Keanu as Spike; he can't carry the cool factor well enough. But is it strange that I can see Wesley Snipes as Jet--? I mean, if you're going to go for broke, go big... :m129:

I think I heard that news way back when and blocked it out lol.
Wesley Snipes as Jet?
hmmm....

Lucifer said:
Who would you guys cast?
Jesse Eisenberg

Haha While we're at it... let's just use the whole Zombieland cast. Woody Harrelson as Jet, Abigail Breslin as Ed, Emma Stone as Faye. Bill Murray as... Einstien?
LOL!

I'm not an anime fan (though I don't dislike it) but think people are just associating this guy with it because of The Matrix. My opinion is that they think he has "the look" for it since Lord knows he does NOT have the acting chops. To be in anything really.