How to get over someone...again | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to get over someone...again

If any of you have ever read anything by me, I'm sure you've come across me whining about some guy that I'm in love with who doesn't love me back.
So I've finally started to forget about him. Part of me is like, "Yay! You're doing it!" and another part is like, "But wait, don't give up. You never know."
It's the whole head vs. heart thing.
Anyway, so I'm starting to think about him less, and today, I put my iTunes on shuffle. I haven't listened to anything but jazz for about 6 months.
My iTunes just happens to start cranking Jack Johnson. He introduced me to Jack Johnson, and we'd always listen to it.
He'd play guitar and sing to Jack Johnson songs all the time. Now I'm missing him all over again.

I want to get him out of my head. HELP.
There are so many aspects of my life that remind me of him,
and I don't want to exempt myself from them just because of him.

Crazy ass delusional women...

He doesn't love you and you want what you can't have. I've dealt with women like you before and it's pathetic because he will never love you. Maybe he perceives you as dirty or stupid or desperate. That's how I perceive the girl who claims to love me. It doesn't matter how much I tell her it will never happen, she can't let go. It's so damn sad to watch an ungrateful girl with several men who would treat her good and appreciate her pass all that up for a piece of shit like me. I fucked her once, no twice, both times it was shortly after being rejected by a woman I was infatuated with. They were moments of desperation, moments of low self-esteem, nothing more... Yet she clings to those moments like they mean a damn thing. Crazy ass delusional women who love to be mistreated and don't appreciate what is right in front of them. You should probably move on. I say probably because I don't know the situation but from the sound of it, it sounds typical. Don't be dumb. You can make your own decisions. You're a big girl.

Heart break sucks, get over it.

Reactions: isabellajay
Crazy ass delusional women...

He doesn't love you and you want what you can't have. I've dealt with women like you before and it's pathetic because he will never love you. Maybe he perceives you as dirty or stupid or desperate. That's how I perceive the girl who claims to love me. It doesn't matter how much I tell her it will never happen, she can't let go. It's so damn sad to watch an ungrateful girl with several men who would treat her good and appreciate her pass all that up for a piece of shit like me. I fucked her once, no twice, both times it was shortly after being rejected by a woman I was infatuated with. They were moments of desperation, moments of low self-esteem, nothing more... Yet she clings to those moments like they mean a damn thing. Crazy ass delusional women who love to be mistreated and don't appreciate what is right in front of them. You should probably move on. I say probably because I don't know the situation but from the sound of it, it sounds typical. Don't be dumb. You can make your own decisions. You're a big girl.

Heart break sucks, get over it.

I wouldn't be so hasty to project your own thoughts and feelings on someone else in such a certain and hurtful manner, especially when you admit to not knowing the entire situation. People and their emotions are complicated; awareness of a problem is barely half the battle. For instance, you seem very self-aware. I'm sure you've put some effort into mending your 'piece of shit' ways (your words, not mine) and have stumbled upon some very stubborn obstacles, which is why I'd imagine you're expecting the women in your life to change their attitudes about you and not the other way around.

Either way, Isa has asked for advice on what to do about her affections because she has already recognized the fact that her feelings are not serving her in this situation. 'sucking it up' has obviously crossed her mind (isn't that the whole idea behind getting over someone?) but perhaps she'd like specifics on how to do so....

Last edited:
oh gosh, i feel for you. missing someone you love is one of the worst feelings in the world IMO. i think the old adage time heals all wounds is true in this case, but you can speed up the process by engaging in a lot of other things. and i don't mean just attaching yourself to someone new, which would be like going from one drug to the next. instead, engage in something meaningful that brings you back to yourself, something energetic like hiking or cycling, or something creative like painting. if you have the means, you should also travel, in my experience it's the easiest way to bring back some perspective into your life. good luck!

Reactions: isabellajay