how to forget the past? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

how to forget the past?

Well, there are lot of ways.
1. You can avoid getting around your past and after 10 years it will fade in your memory.
2. You can talk a lot about your past, think it for days and months and years and analyze it to the point that you are bored of it. Maybe that means accept it. But not exactly, you are just bored of it troubling you.
3. You can try to develop one philosophy like live for the moment, or Buddhism and even if you do not ever touch the issue again you will have some general attitude to it that will make it not - important.
4. You can engage in something so important (a new love, creating your masterpiece) or you may even be so unlucky (like working 16 hours per day for making a living, as lot of people that I know do or having family problems) that you will literally have no luxury time to remember your past.

Take care... Good luck! :cheer2:

Last edited:
Reactions: AhSver
More alcohol. good advice, from a terrible drunk.

haha thanks for the advice guys.. really helps.. cant really avoid esp since shes part of my clique (I know wth right) HAHAH so I'll do my best to accept haha. I'm tempted by the alcohol though hehe but dont think thats such a good idea yet hahahahah

haha thanks for the advice guys.. really helps.. cant really avoid esp since shes part of my clique (I know wth right) HAHAH so I'll do my best to accept haha. I'm tempted by the alcohol though hehe but dont think thats such a good idea yet hahahahah
[MENTION=599]Grey Wolf[/MENTION];
Perhaps just one drink - a toast to a beautiful girl who got away.

Reactions: Haven
don't forget; accept

[MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION] You said what I was going to say, and in a greater economy of words too. Damn! A gold star for you, sir.

In any case, I think this is true about any pain in life

Reactions: invisible
Memories are all chemical reactions stored in your brain, it is a matter of time when they deteriorate enough and become replaced by something new. As a post noted above over time you get used to those old memories, your life orientations change over time, old mental states replace new and all of a sudden the past is not on your mind constantly. It takes time and it takes sometimes a lot of pain but time is the greatest destroyer of them all.