[PAX] - How sure are you of your type? And related questions | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] How sure are you of your type? And related questions

I often question my j/p and my n/s, I'm positive I'm not an extrovert or a thinker. My scores were vary close but I think I fall more along the lines of and INFJ then anything else. So to answer your question, yes I do.

I could be any type, tho I think im INFJ or perhaps ENFJ..my test results are always more of a reflection of my current state than it is of my core type.

I don't think too much about type and what type I am, I think of mbti more of as a tool to understand people than to categorize.
But when I do think about it, I almost always question my type, but in the end I am always the same. But the questioning is there :)

I'm not sure. Fe comes pretty naturally to me both online and offline, I feel it's more developed than Fi, because (as much as I hate to admit it) my morals aren't set in stone. It actually causes me a lot of guilt and is the reason for some of the threads I start here. What does strong Te look like?
It's possible I'm an INTP with developed Fe, but I think it's also possible I'm an INFJ, since INFJs also use Ti and Fe predominantly. Then again, contrasted against some of the INFJs here, I seem pretty different... so perhaps not. (But then again, INFJs as a collective themselves seem quite diverse, so I could just be on one extreme end of the INFJ spectrum. Haha ;)

What's your reasoning behind not thinking you're an INFJ? I would've pegged you as one from your posts here =)

[MENTION=1926]April[/MENTION]

Ahh, typing's so hard sometimes. :p

There are several reasons that lead me to think I'm not an INFJ. For one thing, I don't feel like I *belong* amid the INFJ crowd in the same way I think I would if I were an INFJ. Sometimes I feel more like I have to make myself fit the type than the other way around. I also don't feel nearly as Fe inclined as INFJs are said to be; among other things, I am naturally blunt the way NFs are said to be naturally diplomatic. Tact is something I really had to study and learn. I recognize this could be my Fe weak-point, but there are other reasons that make me question my Fe. In addition, I am and always have been a concrete thinker. While I appreciate theory, I am not naturally inclined toward abstract thought, nor am I skilled in that domain, and I have a tendency toward the practical - all this within a range, obviously, but still. I've always been much more observant than I have been introspective. I have a tendency to remember certain details - some things like birthdays, dates, and numbers settle within my memory as though they've been adhered with superglue (then again, I can't remember details from conversations to save my life). It's not for sure; I could make a case for the opposite as well, but I'm just not feeling convinced. To boot, I had a dream where I was informed I was an ISFJ. Hahaha, ironic isn't it. Despite having toyed with the idea for a long time, I was surprised! So I asked to be shown again, and the same result was revealed to me. *shrugs* I've tested quite similarly in Si and Ni - I don't know if that's even 'legit', but yeah. I need to come to terms with more about myself and my motivations before I'll feel sure enough to ascertain my type (if I ever will), so right now this is all speculation - but I'm further along than I used to be. :D

[MENTION=407]Soulful[/MENTION] I am naturally blunt the way NFs are said to be naturally diplomatic. Tact is something I really had to study and learn.

Me too. I'm good around people I don't know, but if I know you I'm sorry I apologize in advance for what I may say :O

Last edited:
I am fairly certain I am INFJ. However I have (and once and a while, still do) consider ISFJ or INTJ. My J is very locked in place, and as is my I, even though I'm not an extremely pronounced introvert, so I can say with 100% confidance that I am at least IxxJ. My N and F tend to be on the weaker side in comparison though. Through self inflection I can see signs of Si in myself, and signs of Te in myself. Yet in the end though Ni and Fe win out, due to how I actually think (which is what MBTI is about). While I am very rigid, stubborn and systematic because of my high J, my internal processes are still much more in line with Ni, not Si. @Kavalan and I were have a conversation last night where I said "my thoughts go from a to f to c to q to r to b to fish to z". There isn't really a rhyme or reason, but I intrinsically understand it, and while I can not explain to another human how this works, I can at least relate it to other things that can be understood reasonably by others. If I were Si dominant I would not think like this.

My external world is just more organized, because I go nuts of I don't have certainty, solidarity, and closure. I like things to be signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, and finally lost again, to be buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as fire lighters (douglass addams refrence anyone? :D). This is my Fe more likely then not though. I want order to things because it is easier for me to then intake the information (which is intrinsically very confusing as stated in the above paragraph). I focus on the details though usually, which is more Ti aligned. If I were ruled by Te, then it would not be as organized or to have such a great desire for order and detailed information.

Thus, INFJ is my best fit, but there are touches of ISFJ and INTJ depending on how you look at it.

Reactions: middle1
I am pretty certain of my type; I don't think I have a T bone anywhere in my body. Sometimes I waver over to S and sometimes over to P, but overall the INFJ profile seems to fit the best. But how do I come across on forums?

Yep he likes everything laid out. I just want to get from a to z... don't really care how it works. So long as it doesn't have too many detractors.