How pissed off are you at 'the man'? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How pissed off are you at 'the man'?

You know, for those of us in our 50's on that find ourselves out of work, this is a plausible idea.
I mean really, odds are you'd only have to milk it for 15-20 years.
Be the most educated person in the cemetery. lol!

Hahahahahahaha....

If they let us have our social security at 67 like it's setup now.... I'd only have to wait about 10 years. I believe I could find many topics of interest to learn. :w:

This is sometimes what I want to do. You can defer forever as long as you're in school. Interest accrues, but if you're never done, you won't have to pay it.

Unfortunately, I think that they'll only let you get so many degrees before they'll stop handing out the loans. :eek:(

So far you can defer for forever as long you're unemployed - but looking for a job.

I think I'll look into this "how many degrees before they stop you" rule.
[MENTION=5090]Apone[/MENTION]

I am very dissatisfied with the Man as you call it. Here in the states they have milked the middle class till we're so dry even we cannot survive. We are in the death throes. I have worked very hard all of my life and for what? So those assholes in congress can get a little richer while the Banks consolidate their power?

I've been unemployed for 2 years. I got a notice in the mail the other day from lawyers saying they have put a lien on my place from unpaid taxes - which we are paying off a little at a time. This place is paid for and cared for by our hard work. It's mine. Yet if I cannot pay the taxes they will take it from me. And for what? Just so those county guys can get a raise and the schools get some money?

You work hard your whole life just to see it all get taken away and THEN you'll understand.

Reactions: ndn cat
I think the Jews were onto something when they made it so they couldnt charge interest to other Jews.

So far you can defer for forever as long you're unemployed - but looking for a job.

I think I'll look into this "how many degrees before they stop you" rule.
@Apone

I am very dissatisfied with the Man as you call it. Here in the states they have milked the middle class till we're so dry even we cannot survive. We are in the death throes. I have worked very hard all of my life and for what? So those assholes in congress can get a little richer while the Banks consolidate their power?

I've been unemployed for 2 years. I got a notice in the mail the other day from lawyers saying they have put a lien on my place from unpaid taxes - which we are paying off a little at a time. This place is paid for and cared for by our hard work. It's mine. Yet if I cannot pay the taxes they will take it from me. And for what? Just so those county guys can get a raise and the schools get some money?

You work hard your whole life just to see it all get taken away and THEN you'll understand.
I'm praying for the collapse personally. A chance to start over, I would make an awesome warlord of my local area. I will grow marijuana, potatoes, corn, and cabbage for trade. But the downfall will be wonderful, I cant wait to drag the elite classes into the streets for their beheadings. :D

Reactions: acd
Yes he’s a thief but who cares. The banksters are even worse. They steal from all of us by going on drunken gambling sprees with our money and then demanding that we repay the debt.

Reactions: muir
I'm praying for the collapse personally. A chance to start over, I would make an awesome warlord of my local area. I will grow marijuana, potatoes, corn, and cabbage for trade. But the downfall will be wonderful, I cant wait to drag the elite classes into the streets for their beheadings. :D

Billy...lord of the wasteland!

[video=youtube;IW-RmVY2OkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW-RmVY2OkA&feature=related[/video]

Its about time marijuana became a major crop. Tim Leary reckoned it switches on the 5th circuit....i think he was right!

Billy...lord of the wasteland!

[video=youtube;IW-RmVY2OkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW-RmVY2OkA&feature=related[/video]

Its about time marijuana became a major crop. Tim Leary reckoned it switches on the 5th circuit....i think he was right!

i was born for it!

I think the Jews were onto something when they made it so they couldnt charge interest to other Jews.

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

Do most americans know that their 'federal' reserve, central bank is privately owned and run by a handful of global investors?

Chase Manhatten Bank (controlled by the Rockefellers) has 6,389,445 shares or 32.3% holdings and Citibank hold 4,051,851 shares or 20.5% holdings of the Federal reserve bank....between them thats nearly 53%

Here's a documentary called 'the money masters' that talks about this: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

Last edited:
Reactions: gd65h8as7

I'll trade you red and yellow sweet peppers for your cabbage! I'll grow my own marijuana... :D

I'll trade you red and yellow sweet peppers for your cabbage! I'll grow my own marijuana... :D

deal on the peppers, perhaps you would like some of my opium instead :)

deal on the peppers, perhaps you would like some of my opium instead :)

Hmmm....that's tempting.

I have a plant that grows here that is a caffeine substitute for coffee. It's tastes more like tea though when I drink it.
If you'd be interested in trading for that - I'd take some opium. It makes a good sedative in case of injuries.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed.

Reading deeply into how the banks fucked us over, how weapons manufacturers and the defense industry profit off of death, how the US health care industry bankrupts families for trying to save their sick children and etc gave me a legitimate crisis of faith. But I don't know, either i'm schizophrenic or i've been feeling closer to God recently, and I feel like the people who fuck us over get theirs in the end, i dunno, maybe their rebirthed as a slave laborer in China in the next life, or suffer for eternity, I don't know, I was talking to an ex-Vietnam vet a few weeks ago and he told me "If I ever find out that Bush and Cheney don't suffer for what they've done, I swear to God I'll shoot myself in the head" and lol even though what he said was kind of drastic, I understood where he was coming from. Maybe i'm an idiot, but I feel the universe makes even with everyone, and the people who have been sending people off to their deaths in illegal wars, or the ones who've poisoned and ruined people's lives with dangerous meds (GlaxoSmithKline recently paid a 3 billion dollar settlement for withholding information about their antidepressants) are either currently getting what's coming to them right now, will get it in the next life, or will suffer for eternity. Because if I find out they don't, despite all the despicable, horrible, evil things they've done, i'll lose my fucking mind.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed.

Reading deeply into how the banks fucked us over, how weapons manufacturers and the defense industry profit off of death, how the US health care industry bankrupts families for trying to save their sick children and etc gave me a legitimate crisis of faith. But I don't know, either i'm schizophrenic or i've been feeling closer to God recently, and I feel like the people who fuck us over get theirs in the end, i dunno, maybe their rebirthed as a slave laborer in China in the next life, or suffer for eternity, I don't know, I was talking to an ex-Vietnam vet a few weeks ago and he told me "If I ever find out that Bush and Cheney don't suffer for what they've done, I swear to God I'll shoot myself in the head" and lol even though what he said was kind of drastic, I understood where he was coming from. Maybe i'm an idiot, but I feel the universe makes even with everyone, and the people who have been sending people off to their deaths in illegal wars, or the ones who've poisoned and ruined people's lives with dangerous meds (GlaxoSmithKline recently paid a 3 billion dollar settlement for withholding information about their antidepressants) are either currently getting what's coming to them right now, will get it in the next life, or will suffer for eternity. Because if I find out they don't, despite all the despicable, horrible, evil things they've done, i'll lose my fucking mind.

People dont get what they deserve, they get what they get. Which is why its important to make a difference in this life, instead of hoping they get theirs in an afterlife that will never come.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed.

That's good IMO. I have been there and I am at the point where these things don't bother me quite as much. All I can do is live my life with integrity and do what is right with the things I can control and hope it spreads, individually. Since I believe that good will eventually win over evil it helps me feel like I don't have to balance the scales, or try to seek revenge. Vigilante behavior just makes things worse for everyone.

The "man" used to hold much more sway over me a few years ago, but I try staying away from politics for the most part, otherwise it'll just stress me out. I just do my part by staying informed and voting and that's good enough for me. I do dream of a much better world though.

(Canadian banks-- which is actually worse than American ones because they're actually NOT corrupt and still regulated)... and everyone thinks it's great.

I'm wondering if he was being congratulated by Americans. The student loan system is different here, and a lot of people are justifiably pissed about how bad it's gotten. They may not have read the whole thing, maybe they assumed he was American as well. Or maybe they just don't understand that the student loan situation is not quite the same in Canada.

I myself don't know much about Canada's student loan system, but if someone did that in the U.S. I would definitely congratulate them.

Last edited:

So.... in other words... you want to behead the "elite class" so you yourself can become the new elite class? Very interesting. Also, just curious: do you get threatened with beheading much where you live? Just wondering, because as far as I can tell, beheading seems to be a curiously absent feature of the current system. I mean, despite its flaws, there isn't a whole lot of beheading going on.

So.... in other words... you want to behead the "elite class" so you yourself can become the new elite class? Very interesting. Also, just curious: do you get threatened with beheading much where you live? Just wondering, because as far as I can tell, beheading seems to be a curiously absent feature of the current system. I mean, despite its flaws, there isn't a whole lot of beheading going on.

Out with the old, in with the new. And no, there isnt much beheading going on now, just lots and lots of slavery in the form of a system that is designed to keep people in debt. The beheadings will be a bonus during the collapse, much like in the French Revolution.

That's good IMO. I have been there and I am at the point where these things don't bother me quite as much. All I can do is live my life with integrity and do what is right with the things I can control and hope it spreads, individually. Since I believe that good will eventually win over evil it helps me feel like I don't have to balance the scales, or try to seek revenge. Vigilante behavior just makes things worse for everyone.

This.

The argument of if what this guy did was legal versus moral are two different debates. Legally he is thief and guilty of stealing and is in the wrong with what he did no matter how he used the money. Now morally it could be argued both ways. One you can say he, “Was sticking it to the man,” but that is not necessarily true because it was a loan and if you know how loans work, he actually stole the money of individuals who deposit their money into whatever bank he stole from.

Now this is a Canadian bank and I am not fully familiar with Canada’s banking system or laws but here in the United States each banking institution (credit union or bank) are required by law to keep a certain number of reserves on hand. This is what you could consider actual solid currency that they cannot loan out(electronic or actual physical currency). The percentage of this is not the total amount that a bank receives in deposits but only a minor fraction to prevent crisis in emergencies like the great depression.

So when you go deposit money into your checking or savings account, not all that money is kept in the bank. A portion of that money is leant out or invested to help the bank make a profit. This is how you get that minor .03% interest rate on the balance in checking and savings accounts at most banks. They are essentially taking a fraction of their interest rate and giving it to each person who has given the bank money. The interest rate they get by loaning out money to individuals and organizations is how they make a profit. So if you have ever taken out a student loan, a home loan, a car loan the money you are receiving is not actually entirely the banks. The money belongs to its members or whoever deposits money into the bank.

The issue you run into is not in one guy doing this but when multiple people start doing this which is ultimately the cause of the housing crisis. A big reason for the recent recession and housing market crash is because of the sub-prime market. People use this term all the time without understanding what it actually means. Sub-prime lending is the lending of monies to individuals of sub-prime standing or individuals who do not have the best credit history, financial standing, etc…

Banks and lending institutions began lending to these sub-prime markets despite the risk because they legally could have above average interest rates and adjustable rates that with each passing year, increased exponentially. This of course was a problem for people who aren’t in great financial standing because they would buy houses way beyond their means because they got sucked in by the “American Dream” and when their interest rates started going through the roof, they could no longer afford to pay their monthly payments.

This resulted in the massive numbers of foreclosures and bankruptcies we have seen since 2006-2007 time frame. The end result of this is that you started seeing lending institutions racked up with property they couldn’t sell and began losing a lot of money. The problem with that is that when a bank or some bank like entity starts losing money, they aren’t losing their money; they are losing your money or any person who has any money deposited in the bank because they are not required to keep 100% of your funds in house.

If John Doe takes out a student loan and doesn’t pay it off, the money that the bank gave to him, was yours. A fraction of it at least and it’s not a big deal when that total only goes up to a hundred thousand or so because among a massive bank membership, it is a fraction of a penny from each individual but multiply that and you suddenly are in a financial crisis. You go to the bank and you cannot withdraw your money to buy what you need to survive because enough people have taken out loans that will not be paid back causing the institution to go in the red and not have enough reserves to handle all of its members rushing in a panic to withdraw their money. It is the great depression all over again.

Other possible effects of such a crisis are the essential complete devaluation of the US currency through hyper-inflation because the government will have to act again to stop the complete collapse of its banking industry so it will print more money to bail out the debts which will de-value the dollar and depending on the degree of crisis, it could completely devalue the dollar and raise foreign indebtedness even more.

Of course these are extremes and is taking what one individual did and applying into a large population of people but honestly what he did was less, “sticking it to the man,” and more “sticking it to the average joe,” who has his/her money in that lending institution. If you actually want to stick it to the man, go physically steal from the executives of the institution because the repercussions of many people stealing like the man in this article will hurt the average person a lot more than the executives making decisions that screw over average people.

He can ride his high horse all he wants in thinking he screwed over an evil corporation but in all honesty he is less than a fly on a horses ass and did nothing but make a jackass of himself. In the grand scheme of things he was stealing from the rich and giving to the poor but that is because he stole from Canada or the US which are two nations that are far wealthier per capita than the vast majority of the world but he didn’t steal from the “bad guys”. What he did was a sad, misguided attempt that ultimately will do more harm than good if you are looking from the perspective of the average person. The people in the third world country he built a school for might have plenty of gain but not at the expensive of the bank.

An underwriter can easily write up the next hundred loans they make a fraction of a percent to re-coup their loss. Now if anarchy is what he wants, then he has the right principle but it is going to take a couple billion if not trillion of loans not being paid back to cause total anarchy and the collapse of the financial sector. We all do a well enough job of that as is.

EDIT: To answer the op, I am pissed off at that man but I would not be able to justify doing something like this because ultimately the ramifications of doing this go beyond just hurting the bank. The collateral damage would hurt people who did nothing to deserve my wrath or anger. I am 22 years old.

Last edited: