Mar 22, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
???
How often do you hear these statements?

I'm just drawn to your energy.

Or

You're so easy to talk to. or I never open up to someone after knowing them for such a short period of time.

Even though I don't allow too many people to really get close, and only reveal my true self to a select few, it seems that I've been hearing these same expressions since as long as I can remember.

People who have known em for less then 24 hours often tell me that they feel they can talk to me about anything, or that they're not used to spilling their guts out as easily as they do with me.

And inn some social groups (Not that I enjoy groups of sorts) I'm often told, "I like your energy" or, "I'm drawn to your energy"... so often in fact that it sounds like a pick up line. Got to the point once, where I wouldn't allow myself to get close to anyone speaking of my, "energy" for fear of not being able to trust them... Lol

I'm often told this, especially since I let others talk to their heart's content. I never interrupt them, which makes them think that I'm so interested in what they have to say. Then they say, " I like you, I don't know why, but I feel so open in telling you anything." Of course you do, who else is able to listen to you for hours and hours without feeling the need to pull some teeth out?

I like hearing people talk, for some reason. This apparently translates to having "good energy", I guess.

wow, really? Cause even though I don't get close to folks, and often feel like an outsider, people seem to come to me with all of their problems. Like I have some degree in psychology or something. It's never about them trying to get to know me, but about spilling their guts out to me. But only with certain people.

I'm often told this, especially since I let others talk to their heart's content. I never interrupt them, which makes them think that I'm so interested in what they have to say. Then they say, " I like you, I don't know why, but I feel so open in telling you anything." Of course you do, who else is able to listen to you for hours and hours without feeling the need to pull some teeth out?

I like hearing people talk, for some reason. This apparently translates to having "good energy", I guess.

You seem to get it too, and your reasoning behind it really makes sense.

No, nobody has ever said that to me.

But I have had some people reveal some very private things to me fairly easily.

YES.

especially the second one. people like to tell me their darkest secrets.

I get this alot.

People often tell me that I radiate a positive aura of peace, understanding, and acceptance.

Yes, always told darkest secrets. Always told about energy and aura. Sometime the word pure is used. Peace, understanding... just like you said.

I guess this is why we're grouped with Mother Theresa, Ghandi, and so many others.... Those who aren't busy making us feel like outsiders, are drawn to our open-mindedness

Thanks for all the responses.

wow, really? Cause even though I don't get close to folks, and often feel like an outsider, people seem to come to me with all of their problems. Like I have some degree in psychology or something. It's never about them trying to get to know me, but about spilling their guts out to me. But only with certain people.

I think some people just need to vent, and it's possible you provide them with a good ear which makes them come to you. I've been there before and I don't like it. It's such a waste of precious time, as harsh as that sounds.

never

Enough people say such things that I am inclined to say yes this occurs. However I do not think I can say "often". Cause in the grand scheme of things, I am around quite a number of people and only a few say it.

However, I do not believe this has anything to with being an INFJ. I think it just has to do with your body language, voice tone, and overall demeanor that others see as pleasent. The fact that this happens, and you are an INFJ, is meerly a coincident.

Ahhh yes I hear those all too often. It makes me slightly uncomfortable and has unfortunately lead to men thinking there is 'something there' and some kind of connection when there is not. Its so much responsibility to be everyone's therapist, isn't it?

I'm just drawn to your energy.
never.
You're so easy to talk to. or I never open up to someone after knowing them for such a short period of time.

I have been told this, but only by online people quite a few times, not sure I can put a number on it though lol.

"Drawn to your energy"? Never.

Everything else...maybe once in a blue moon.

exactly!

I don't think it's just about being willing to listen either.

People are drawn to me in a similar way, but they're either curious or just seeking attention. Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't gotten as many attention seekers as I've grown older. It's probably because I no longer "just listen" if it's not particularly interesting.

Yush. I've had this a few times but don't go out OFTEN enough to speak to many people in person. But online it's happend quite a bit.

No, nobody has ever said that to me.

But I have had some people reveal some very private things to me fairly easily.

This!