How Much Of A Flirt Are You? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How Much Of A Flirt Are You?

I don't know how to flirt, lol. :redface:

Still applies, haha. I don't think there's a word "flirt" in my vocabulary.

re: the awkwardness....

Had a mini "aha" moment after signing off yesterday (I say mini "aha" because it's one of those conscious/unconscious data that I knew but hadn't quite verbalised/processed it). I think the awkwardness around flirting (for me it's about not knowing how or even bothering to) is probably due to my self-awareness (of course there are other factors but primarily this is my weakest or strongest area for me). If I have high levels of self-awareness bouncing around in my mind/body then any kind of flirtatious interaction makes the exchange unnaturally inauthentic = unsatisfying and meaningless (and often won't bother to act as required).

When my now husband was being flirty/playful etc, I weirdly didn't have a clue (even when friends pointed out the obvious). I think the intensity of our friendship probably acted as a distraction (I could go on but I won't!). For once in my life, being blissfully ignorant and utterly unaware (thank God) worked in my/our favour....and all things work well for me when things flow naturally rather than it being orchestrated. The fun (if you call sabotage fun!) really started when the light bulb went off in my head! Anyway...best stop! Not sure what other think....? Just putting it out there.:smiley:

On a scale from one to Ren, I think I'm about a 6.

Very flirty with my love interest, not at all with other people. I'm very playful with people though, and some people mistake that for flirting.

Very flirty with my love interest, not at all with other people. I'm very playful with people though, and some people mistake that for flirting.
We've really got to do something about Ren. I'm just casually posting here and lo-and-behold, my innocent itty-bitty eyes were stripped of their innocence.

#BenchTheFrench

When I was a teen flirting never interested me as a pathway of courtship. I just focused on being genuine. Now that I'm older and have a better grasp of the actual concept of flirting, rather than just basic pick up artist bullshit, I feel pretty confident in my ability to flirt, but I still only use it mainly as a sort of addendum to a relationship with solid foundations of genuine feelings and support. Flirting is misunderstood by most people. It's generally just an emotional outlet. Younger people don't have this concept fully realized so they often overestimate flirting for something greater than it is. It's just one small life skill in a whole web of skills you could have at your disposal. Most people respond well to flirting if you do it correctly, so it's a pretty helpful skill.

Ren really does need to be stopped lolol.

About the playfulness, I’m the same way.. I hope people don’t mistake that for flirting. Eww.