How Much Of A Flirt Are You? | INFJ Forum

How Much Of A Flirt Are You?

Keirouen

Community Member
Jun 3, 2014
MBTI
intj
I don't think flirting has to necessarily indicate sexual interest. Enjoying someone's quirks and personality is enough of a reason to flirt. It's a very nice social state of psychological flow. Real flirting is effortless. It happens naturally.

-Do you flirt with friends, family, and even strangers?

-Is your flirting limited to your love interest?

-Are there different types of flirting? (genuine vs fake/pushy)

-Regardless of gender, does flirting make you more attractive as a person?

Reactions: ashishkk
Being a direct person I dont flirt. I have on occasion thought of this as being a handicap. Its something that I needed to learn but was beyond me. Fortunately it never seem to be a deal breaker as near as I can tell. There had / have been times where I wondered though if it would have changed the perspective of women I found myself interested in who did not seem to return that interest.

Reactions: MrSquared
When I intentionally flirted in the past, I usually felt silly and awkward afterwards. I prefer directness anyway if the person is interested. Not much came out of flirting. People too often hide behind flirting, and sometimes never really get to the point where they express their interest. It generally encourages game playing. I sometimes find myself flirting but otherwise, I am simply trying to be nice and polite, and only later realize that someone thought it was flirting. If I call too much attention to myself, it feels odd, so I don't go out of my way to flirt deliberately. My flirting attempts are usually pathetic, so directness works best.

I flirt with absolutely everyone and by extension, the entire self-containing universe.

I am definitely a flirt. Wait..what? I was just following [MENTION=11624]casie[/MENTION] 's lead I think. Or was I?

I flirt only with strangers.

I think a love interest would be the last one I'd flirt with.

I am generally very unflirty though.

Most of the time, I don't even realize I'm flirting when I'm flirting unless someone drags me aside and points it out to me. And unless someone is being really obvious or they're doing it with overt, playful overtones, I often don't realize when I'm being flirted with. I often just take it as a joke.

I only ever intentionally 'flirt' with my friends, but I don't even know if I can call it flirting, because I'm a big ham about it and my friends know better than to take me seriously.

Yeah, I am a pretty huge flirt. My flirting becomes extremely obvious when I am interested in someone. I think even the most dense of the dense would probably realize that I am flirting with them. Flirting with...family? No, can't say that I do that one....o_O I am with [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION], please define flirting here. Haha...

I am more often the dense one regarding flirting. If you have a very subtle flirting style, I will probably just think you are being friendly and find me interesting maybe only on a friendly level. I'm all about friendly flirting, and I won't really necessarily think you are hitting on me unless it is some really obvious flirting.

But there are certainly different levels to my flirting. Sometimes with my friends I am a giant flirt, and they return the flirting quite often, but it is fairly well understood that it is all just fun and games. There seems to be a different energy present when someone is flirting with me when they want to get in my pants. I can pick up on it, usually, but it works far better if your flirting is more blunt/obvious.

Most obvious flirt I've come across: "I am trying so hard not to come onto you right now *rubs his feet on my feet...on purpose? yes I think so...*" which of course really = "I am coming onto you as hard as I possibly can, please pick up on this *plays footsie*"

That one was pretty hard to miss. He succeeded in getting my attention. :p

I think playfullness can add spice to life

o_O [MENTION=9054]BrightWhiteHeart[/MENTION] flirted with me, now I'm confused =/

Reactions: cvp12gh5
I don't think flirting has to necessarily indicate sexual interest. Enjoying someone's quirks and personality is enough of a reason to flirt. It's a very nice social state of psychological flow. Real flirting is effortless. It happens naturally.

-Do you flirt with friends, family, and even strangers?
With strangers and very rarely with friends (when I'm stupid enough). I find it weird to flirt with my family.

-Is your flirting limited to your love interest?
When I do have a love interest, yes.

-Are there different types of flirting? (genuine vs fake/pushy)
Probably there are...who knows. I think I am often very sucesful in flirt because I can naturaly appreciate beauty in opposite sex...sometimes girls just want to stay with me and talk, probably because they feel uncounsciously flattered. When I was 14, I could appreciate beauty in girls and women very spontaneously and naturaly. I remember my I.T teacher, who was a pretty 30 years woman, said to me jokingly that she will give me her private e-mail.
My style is very natural, because I am naturally a very flirty guy. I don't like it and I try to temper it, because I think its superficial, but that's how I am. Sometimes I flirt on subliminal cues, just the tone of the voice or the direction of the discussion, without even realising it...like Aristotle said, I am "lead by desire".
And of course, I think I can change it and I want to change it. Its just a deeply ingrained bad habit.

-Regardless of gender, does flirting make you more attractive as a person?
I think it depends. I'm more into serious type of relationships, and in this category, I am not looking for someone who can flirt very well at all. I am interested in a serious person.

I am definitely a flirt. Wait..what? I was just following [MENTION=11624]casie[/MENTION] 's lead I think. Or was I?

I didn't know I was leading anybody anywhere! I swear I'm innocent!

in-person? not really much of one.

I flirt with girls :m081: but the only guy I'll ever flirt with (consciously) is my boyfriend. If anything comes across as flirting with anyone other than him, it's just me being nice >___<"

I am actually not sure what flirting even is anymore. Society is fucked and my words get interpreted in a way that is no less fucked. I think I just did it to at least five people today and my mind is going again and holy fucking moly where is this train going --- wait. Nevermind, nothing is happening.

At last, a day of peace.
Hey, pretty lady!
*catcall at no one in particular*

Okay, I seriously have to stop with all the "Hey, let's give random women wildflower bouquets today!" ...stuff.

Yeah, let's pretend I'm joking. :)

Friends from time to time, in a humorous way. Love interest more than anything. I'm too shy to flirt with a stranger. And i'm not fond of incest nor anything that may suggest or imply that by extension, there are limits, i would never do that... But i'm an open minded person, and i don't judge other people if they do it... Jaime Lannister is one of my favourite GOT characters, as an example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keirouen