How many selves do you display everyday? | INFJ Forum

How many selves do you display everyday?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I noticed that many people here are themselves no matter who they are with, while others tend to shape or adapt to the people or situations they interact with.

So, how many selves do you display everyday? What self do you show or not share with the different people in your life? How are your various selves different?

Last edited:
I'm always some variation of myself... There's me when I'm with friends, me when I'm talking to people I don't know, me when I'm talking with my cat.... etc...

depends on how many different groups/type of people i'm with that day

God, I don't even know. It's a lot, and it changes depending who I'm with. Strangers usually get the nicest version of me. Lucky them!

between two and four on average

Why do people have more than one self? What benefit comes from it?

Why do people have more than one self? What benefit comes from it?

It's not actualy another self, nor even a seperate personality. Maybe more of how we fine tune ourselves for interaction with different people. Whats most efficient, whats most confortable, whats most controlable, and so on and so forth are the factors of the fine tuning for communication.

At work you may need to efficient, with friends you seek confort and around strangers you seek security through control of the situation.

^^I would have said this, pretty much.
It's just being adaptive.

People are dynamic and layered and complex and capable of adapting to a multitude of different situations and environments.

Last edited:
Me. It's all me, just different bits emphasized.

I try to be fun, detailed, loving and friendly in pretty much whatever I'm doing.

It's just being adaptive.

This ability to adapt is one of Fe's primary directives.

INFJs, ISFJs, ESFJs, and especially ENFJs all have an inherent reflexive ability to do this. I didn't realize I was doing it for years. While I am always myself, Fe guides me to play up certain aspects and play down others to maintain harmony.

Adding in the element of Ni, and INFJs and ENFJs have almost a psychic ability to blend in if they so choose.

This ability to adapt is one of Fe's primary directives.

INFJs, ISFJs, ESFJs, and especially ENFJs all have an inherent reflexive ability to do this. I didn't realize I was doing it for years. While I am always myself, Fe guides me to play up certain aspects and play down others to maintain harmony.

Adding in the element of Ni, and INFJs and ENFJs have almost a psychic ability to blend in if they so choose.

Sorry, sort of off-topic but, how would the Fe of an INFJ differ from an ENFJ?

Sorry, sort of off-topic but, how would the Fe of an INFJ differ from an ENFJ?

There swaped, INFJs have Ni as there dominant function and ENFJs have Fe as there dominant function. Fe is auxiliary in INFJs while Ni is auxiliary in ENFJs.

It is more likely that an ENFJ would have a stronger Fe as they use it as there primary way of understanding things.

There swaped, INFJs have Ni as there dominant function and ENFJs have Fe as there dominant function. Fe is auxiliary in INFJs while Ni is auxiliary in ENFJs.

It is more likely that an ENFJ would have a stronger Fe as they use it as there primary way of understanding things.

Yeah, I do know that their functions are swapped, but how would an ENFJ use fe as opposed to an INFJ.

For example, I would first intuit what other people are feeling in a situation and then try to come up with ways to maintain the harmony and if not, use my Ti to analyze what factors are contributing to the disharmony and once again use my Ni+Fe combo to come up with a way to mitigate it.

I presume that the ENFJ's would do it differently than an INFJ...I think.

I usually portray at least two of three selves per-day.

Good--Neutral--Bad

Take from that what you will.

One. I just accentuate certain parts of my personality to match the individuals at hand, if it's worth it.

I think I only have 3 variations.

1. Me, my real self (Around my family and when it's just one or two close friends)
2. The shy version (when I'm around people I don't know. I just don't really talk)
3. The Extrovert - around my friends. I tend to act more like an ENFJ (which is very, very tiring =.=)

Just the one. I only have one self to display.

I don't know how people are able to live with lying to themselves and others, and the capacity to do so completely escapes my understanding...

Me. It's all me, just different bits emphasized.

I try to be fun, detailed, loving and friendly in pretty much whatever I'm doing.

Look here, slant is being so humble and lovely girl. Seriously.

Just the one. I only have one self to display.

I don't know how people are able to live with lying to themselves and others, and the capacity to do so completely escapes my understanding...

i'm very comfortable lying. it's turns out to be a lot less complicated than "i want to fuck you right now" or "stay the fuck away from me".