How Hebrew words are translated for the Bible | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Hebrew words are translated for the Bible

I find the philosophy of today's rabbis way better than the old days because they have being developed through the years

I'm pretty sure if you ask any Torah observant Rabbi they will tell you that their philosophy is consistent with "the old days". Of course there are different approaches but the core philosophy Is the same. Is there any specific outlook you would take issue with or are you referring to the Bible as you were taught it?

To add to my previous post, I do not mean to suggest that I take everything a Rabbi says as the word of God. I believe any message is filtered through the messenger and a lack of emotional health will distort any message.
Ironically, I think a lack of emotional health is more prevalent now than ever.

You getting on my point some how, i think that we interpret an action as evil or good, what is for me good it might be evil for you.
An other thought is if God is everything then he is also evil, because evil exists, god is also pain because God is all. i don't think we are aloud to say that god is only love, i find it a bit egoistic.

Something was bothering me about this post of yours and it finally clicked with me what it is.

To me, there is a clear distinction between Creator and created. Saying that God needs to have every quality that exists is not necessary. I would say that every creation has an element of Godliness.

I think that verse you quoted was not saying that evil qualities belong to God but even events or entities that seem evil were created by God for a purpose.

Something was bothering me about this post of yours and it finally clicked with me what it is.

To me, there is a clear distinction between Creator and created. Saying that God needs to have every quality that exists is not necessary. I would say that every creation has an element of Godliness.

I think that verse you quoted was not saying that evil qualities belong to God but even events or entities that seem evil were created by God for a purpose.

It is Not necessary but that tells as not that he don't have all qualities, as i wrote before god created as the way he is, so he gave as also his qualities.
Isaiah was obligated to write the paragraph that god creates evil because if we go back in genesis we read that from the first beginning of creation evil exists!
Here is the story
God created adam and eve
eve gave birth to the good(avel) and the evil(kain). What this says to me as an observer is that god creates the human being and the human being gives *birth* to the good and the evil, so its inside him.
An other very clever thing that god does is that he is marking the forehead of kain and says.. now everybody is going to see who you are, that tells me that God gave as a choice, between good and evil, he doesn't have influence on as for this reason, but we as humans we can choose between these two qualities.
For me religions exist to teach as the differences and choose wisely between both and this is where religion fails constantly!
God is just the observer, he does nothing and he will never do anything for as because he gave as from the first beginning the choice.
So if we go in the new testament and the apocalypse of John we read about the 144000 chosen of god from the 12 tribes of israel that they going to rule in heaven next to him, this handful of people on my opinion are maybe the only ones who have choosen the good,maybe the very few INFJs.
Through out the history we see that only evil rules the world, but God does nothing about it, Why?
Why do i have to suffer? Why god has to constantly test my faith? Why god gave me evil?

I wasn't tought the bible, i studied it but that doesn't make me an expert. All these are questions and thoughts after 25 years of research

just because i sence a small hesitation which is normal, you are not the first one, you can go and read my very first posting to make you understand what i mean by all these

I don't understand what you mean by hesitation on my part. Hesitation for what?

God is just the observer, he does nothing and he will never do anything for as because he gave as from the first beginning the choice.

In Judaism there is a concept of "Everything is in the hands of heaven other than the awe of heaven"
So we believe that God is definitely involved in each individuals everyday life and He will steer us in a particular direction.
What is in our hands is if we will make choices that bring us closer to God or further from God.

Yes it's painful to have pain in life.
I've had my share of pain too.
But I don't believe that needs to mean that God is making us suffer for no reason.
I am actually grateful for the pain I've been through as I believe it's made me a better stronger person and it has also brought me closer to God.

I've seen that you're a fan of Nietzsche.
I'm not. I think his ideas are arrogant and presumptuous, but that's my own opinion based on what I understand.

A Higher Power is a reality for me and because it's based on experiences I've had, and the general way I experience life, it's not really possible to convince me out of it.

But I am enjoying the discussion!

In Judaism there is a concept of "Everything is in the hands of heaven other than the awe of heaven"
So we believe that God is definitely involved in each individuals everyday life and He will steer us in a particular direction.
What is in our hands is if we will make choices that bring us closer to God or further from God.

Yes it's painful to have pain in life.
I've had my share of pain too.
But I don't believe that needs to mean that God is making us suffer for no reason.
I am actually grateful for the pain I've been through as I believe it's made me a better stronger person and it has also brought me closer to God.

I've seen that you're a fan of Nietzsche.
I'm not. I think his ideas are arrogant and presumptuous, but that's my own opinion based on what I understand.

A Higher Power is a reality for me and because it's based on experiences I've had, and the general way I experience life, it's not really possible to convince me out of it.

But I am enjoying the discussion!

What i see as God, is our consciousness and we can train our consciousness accordingly.
To make it more light God is involved in everyday life as the little bird inside as that tells as what is right and what is wrong, i think that he is not steering as, he just gives as the direction, we steer our self's, many times unfortunately in the wrong direction although we know!
Pain is for me growth, a muscle to grow it has to pain, to get uncomfortable. We need to be time to time outside our comfort zone.
Suffering is something different, its pain without purpose, an unnecessary pain that doesn't make as grow if you know what i mean. For example the pain of a gazelle when is getting eaten by a lion has a purpose, a lion in captivity closed and starved in a small shell is suffering!

I read all philosophers, i try to be as open minded as possible, i read things that i don't like just to learn and find out if what i like is serving me the right way, because I'm questioning my self, i try not to use the word believe because for me means to stop searching, i wouldn't allow myself to believe in something wrong! From my perspective Nietzsche was pretty much religious as maybe all philosophers who were trying to reach something higher.

Generally i stoped trying to convince people for something, except from my children for educational purposes, but i enjoy too sharing with you my thoughts. Sadly I'm a few thousand miles away for a coffee and chat

Reactions: hithere
Many are called, but few are chosen. Yes, it is easily understood how many folk out there can twist words or say things wrongly. I think God gets His messages across the way He wants them. We may err, but He does not.

Reactions: hithere
Oh well :).

Belief is not irrational faith.
It's taking all the evidence and drawing the most probable conclusion.

And then there's the part of just "knowing" something. I "know" I exist. You can prove that I don't with all your philosophical arguments but at the end of the day I still "know" I exist. Similarly, if you try to convince me that I am not who I am, you won't succeed. Again, you can bring all the proofs possible and it doesn't change the knowledge that I am I.
For me it's the same thing with a Creator/ Higher Power/ God. I just "know" He exists.

Additionally, I do believe that rationally, it makes more sense for there to be a Creator outside of ourselves then for this world to have "happened" to come into being.

From my understanding Neitzsche tried to suppress the divinity within humans to produce a superior human being.
Who decides what's superior anyway?
And more fit for survival?
The Jews have been oppressed but we are still here. And what kept us around had nothing to do with Neitzsche characteristics.

Gotta take the soul into account.

Excuse me my lady, do you have all the evidence??
If you have them can you please share them to the world, because there are problems out there and misunderstandings.
I sense a prejudice so i won't get busy with the rest.
I need evidence please to be able to believe!

Excuse me my lady, do you have all the evidence??
If you have them can you please share them to the world, because there are problems out there and misunderstandings.
I sense a prejudice so i won't get busy with the rest.
I need evidence please to be able to believe!

I was scared it would come off that way.
I did not say I have all the evidence. In fact I think I said the opposite - that based on the evidence that I DO have now, I am inclined to believe there is a Higher Power. You are free to believe otherwise and honestly I rather not argue about it.
Where is the prejudice in that?

Last edited:
Reactions: G4RiiM
Either way, I apologize if I offended you.

I'm not offended at all and i didn't wanted to scare you, i just wanted to teach you that evidence have also a huge responsibility, don't you think?
I don't have evidence my self so I'm shutting my mouth for years, but i do have facts about the relationship between religion history and philosophy and these facts are a kind o taboo to be discussed.

Εν οιδα ότι ουδέν οιδα
I know that i know nothing
Socrates

I'm not offended at all and i didn't wanted to scare you, i just wanted to teach you that evidence have also a huge responsibility, don't you think?
I don't have evidence my self so I'm shutting my mouth for years, but i do have facts about the relationship between religion history and philosophy and these facts are a kind o taboo to be discussed.

Εν οιδα ότι ουδέν οιδα
I know that i know nothing
Socrates

Yes, I hear you.
But I'm not an idiot :).
I didn't make major life decisions on a whim.

Whatever.
I don't know what's wrong with saying that based on what I see around me, human nature, the philosophies and religions I've studied etc. I have come to certain conclusions.
But let's just leave it be :).

Reactions: b7$sl1JC0