How do you think you would compare.? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you think you would compare.?

All of the above and more!
Actually I'd be ecstatic because finally we'd be able to see what everyone else is going through!

How do you think YOU would compare?

Posted above. I dont think people would like me as much anymore as they seem to like me. There was this point in my life where I was very sick. Believed I was going to die (You have heard it before.) I was angry and at some point, I think I lost it a bit. I had this incredible urge to tell the world all the things it seemed to be ignoring. "THIS" is why society is failing, "THIS" is why we are doomed etc. It mostly revolved around politics because I saw our politicians as the who were primarily responsible for allowing the world to move into ruin.

Anyway, I started telling people what I thought in this regard and in the process, alienated a good many people. Even though this aspect sucks ( I am not invited to as many get togethers. While I am not very social I dont mind listening to others with a scotch in hand) its ok. I am however annoyed and possible disturbed at all the things people DONT say. So naturally, I wonder how the world would be different if people had no choice but to say what they are thinking.

Last edited:
They wouldn't do it because they themselves actually think it's wrong. I've had a conversation with a buddy, not very similar to this as I don't give a fuck what people believe in as long as they aren't shits to each other, however something that he ended up saying in the end is the same as what you have just stated and I asked him, "If there was no god telling you what was right and what was wrong, would you still sleep with your friends wife? Or steal peoples money?" and he laughed a shy laugh thinking over the possibilities and as his demeanor dropped into something more serious he said, "No, I wouldn't." Regardless of god, he will always feel to himself that if he did those things they would be bad.

It is not 'the fear of god!" that makes people act the way they do, if it were you'd be saying the bible is truth -given to us by god- and you know it's not. People wrote the bible because they already felt this way and they decided their teachings should be shared. You aren't going to listen to Joe Schmo and his authoritative ideals about how you should live your life, but you will listen if you think these ideals came from a god, an all knowing being that will give your final judgment.

So would the world go into chaos without god and his morals? No, because those morals are the majorities morals, they have always been. Now do a lot of those morals need to change? Hell yes, but they wont because of the idea of 'god.'

I think the more people grow in society the more we learn there isn't a god and for those who do blindly follow they may now be thinking to themselves, "Hey, none of this matters, I can do whatever I want!" but when they go outside and talk to each other, they very soon realize it matters, not in the next life, it matters right now.

Good thought process. However I personally believe many of the people you seem to think would still hold on to their "morals" in the absence of God, actually would not. One of the reasons they go out of their way to try and assimilate others into their religion is because they see the possibility for chaos within themselves. Its not that they want to help other people, its that they want to keep people from becoming what they know they would become without a god.

Your response works if you allow that "fear" is only "sin". You are suggesting that fear and sin are one and the same.

Sin - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Fear - an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

I do not recognize "Divine" law on any level. Therefor I should have no fear and yet I do. Huh.

Fear and sin are not the same thing. It fits into your world because redefining words to mean other things when it suits your religion is the only way it has survived. God (the being that apparently created everything and is all powerful) would certainly be powerful enough to give humans words that remain true for all time. They would not have to e reinterpreted through the years to "Fit in" with the times. Gods words would be stronger that anything else in the universe your religion says he created. There would be no need to say, fear is sin and sin is fear and perhaps in another 2000 years, sin will have the added definition of being a bowl of chocolate chip cookies... Gods words, true for all time. Never having to be revisited or reinterpreted.

God the thing that apparently created all things, cant know what its like to be human whether because of sin or fear and believe it or not, I am fine with that particular aspect. Lets just call it what it is though.

To end, if you dont mind. Please tell me why Jesus called out to God and asked why he had been forsaken when he knew he was not?

Good thought process. However I personally believe many of the people you seem to think would still hold on to their "morals" in the absence of God, actually would not. One of the reasons they go out of their way to try and assimilate others into their religion is because they see the possibility for chaos within themselves. Its not that they want to help other people, its that they want to keep people from becoming what they know they would become without a god.

I doubt it man. If they didn't fear god than they would fear man and his laws. They would always follow the majorities rules, or rather just rules in general. I have never ever met a person who believes in some deity to be any less obedient to any other law. If you have that's something, but I personally haven't. They follow for reasons well beyond you or I and maybe even themselves.

Your response works if you allow that "fear" is only "sin". You are suggesting that fear and sin are one and the same.

Sin - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Fear - an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

I do not recognize "Divine" law on any level. Therefor I should have no fear and yet I do. Huh.
Only if you would recognise God, conform to the Bible, you would be free from fear. Not if you wouldn't. Therefore, you have fear, because you have no faith in God.

Fear and sin are not the same thing. It fits into your world because redefining words to mean other things when it suits your religion is the only way it has survived. God (the being that apparently created everything and is all powerful) would certainly be powerful enough to give humans words that remain true for all time. They would not have to e reinterpreted through the years to "Fit in" with the times. Gods words would be stronger that anything else in the universe your religion says he created. There would be no need to say, fear is sin and sin is fear and perhaps in another 2000 years, sin will have the added definition of being a bowl of chocolate chip cookies... Gods words, true for all time. Never having to be revisited or reinterpreted.
Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
(NKJV)

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(NIV)

Matthew 10:26
Therefore do not fear them(people). For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.
(NKJV)

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(NKJV)

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(KJV)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
(NLT)

Hebrews 13:5-6
For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
(NKJV)

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
(NIV)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God." (Luke 1:30)

The fear of man brings a snare, but whosoever puts his trust in the LORD shall be lifted up. (Proverbs 29:25)

Hebrews 2:14-15
Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

I do not reinterpret words. This is Christianity. Jesus commanded us never to fear.

To end, if you dont mind. Please tell me why Jesus called out to God and asked why he had been forsaken when he knew he was not?
He was. Jesus was bearing the sin of the world. God can not stand sin. So God turned away from His own son. That's what happened there on the cross.

He was. Jesus was bearing the sin of the world. God can not stand sin. So God turned away from His own son. That's what happened there on the cross.

If I am to be part of a discussion concerning religion quoting bible text, something I recognize as being nothing more than a book created solely by man to control man, isnt a good way to get me to listen. Just a heads up. I read the bible but dont remember half of it other than that my head hurt for years afterward.

Jesus KNEW where he was going. Even if he knew his pain, fear, sin whatever would last for days, he still knew what the end result was. ANYTHING can be shouldered if you know it will end eventually and that when it does, you will spend the rest of eternity basking in joy. EASY.

You religious folks are truly amazing to me in many ways. The deceit you initiate in yourselves is a contradiction to everything you say you believe in. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying you cant be or arent a good person. I dont know you well enough to say either. From our short communications here, you seem like a decent enough person.

Anyway my path is truth. I understand the lure of your religion very well. However I have a thinking mind, one that cannot let discrepancies or facts go. My mind will never be changed but yours will eventually given enough time.

Good discussion. Thank you for it.

Insane for certain. Only an insane person thinks like an idealistic 12 yr. old. :p

If all of a sudden people could understand other peoples thoughts, how do you think you would compare to everyone else in the world?

Angry, sad, happy, insane?

Typed on phone hence mis type

Well, since everyone is different, I can't say if my thoughts would be any better or worse than anyone else's, unless I compare mine to each person individually. But what I can tell you is what they would find by hearing mine. I am usually known for speaking my mind (whether it's socially acceptable or not), but if someone could hear my thoughts, I think they would be surprised at how much I hold back.

Now, I'm sure some of you may be thinking, "She holds back?! So she is even meaner than I thought." Lol. And you would be incorrect. What I hold back is the thoughts that make me vulnerable. The gentler side of me. Why? Go back three sentences, last five words.

I used to think I was a feeler because I am very emotional and sensitive, but I realize now that I don't openly express these beautiful feelings.

On this forum, (in the beginning) I opened up a bit which was rare, and I beat myself up about it afterwards. Talking about feelings embarrasses me. I love very deeply and express this through actions, but it's hard for me to put myself out there like that.

So, what I'm trying to say is that they would probably see that I am a gentle soul with a big heart.

Now, I'm going to count to three and you will forget everything you just read.

One...two...three...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kgal
Go back three sentences, last five words.

:)

Wait, was that three sentence from this one or including this one... :)

Whats wrong with feelings and a big heart? The world needs so much more of that whether its realistic or not.

For myself these days, I measure my heart by what I dont do but could. Unfortunately though what I could do but dont is perhaps forever lost. See if you can figure that one out.

I really dont see that much of anything you have posted as being of any concern but maybe thats just me.

Wait, was that three sentence from this one or including this one... :)

Whats wrong with feelings and a big heart? The world needs so much more of that whether its realistic or not.

For myself these days, I measure my heart by what I dont do but could. Unfortunately though what I could do but dont is perhaps forever lost. See if you can figure that one out.

I really dont see that much of anything you have posted as being of any concern but maybe thats just me.

Not including :)

And maybe you don't see it because you aren't judging me?

For that, I thank you. :)

Posted above. I dont think people would like me as much anymore as they seem to like me. There was this point in my life where I was very sick. Believed I was going to die (You have heard it before.) I was angry and at some point, I think I lost it a bit. I had this incredible urge to tell the world all the things it seemed to be ignoring. "THIS" is why society is failing, "THIS" is why we are doomed etc. It mostly revolved around politics because I saw our politicians as the who were primarily responsible for allowing the world to move into ruin.

Anyway, I started telling people what I thought in this regard and in the process, alienated a good many people. Even though this aspect sucks ( I am not invited to as many get togethers. While I am not very social I dont mind listening to others with a scotch in hand) its ok. I am however annoyed and possible disturbed at all the things people DONT say. So naturally, I wonder how the world would be different if people had no choice but to say what they are thinking.

Don't you think when we start seeing the truth hidden in people instead of their masks they wear - most would be stunned?

Hell...they'll be stunned to discover the lies they've hidden, covered up, and denied the truth within themselves. I do think the world would go silent while the majority sit dumbfounded at what they discover.

Don't you think when we start seeing the truth hidden in people instead of their masks they wear - most would be stunned?

Hell...they'll be stunned to discover the lies they've hidden, covered up, and denied the truth within themselves. I do think the world would go silent while the majority sit dumbfounded at what they discover.

Undoubtedly. But I guess from my perspective I dont think anyone should be stunned. I naturally assume people arent saying what they are thinking. I have seen many documentaries that while this was not their entire premise it was certainly hinted at and others that it was the entire premise.

Either way the world would be a much different place.

Comparison is poop.