How Do You Like To Be Treated When You're Sick? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How Do You Like To Be Treated When You're Sick?

Ideally I would like someone to simply anticipate my needs. Speak quietly and check on me now and then to bring me medicine, toast, water, tea at exactly the right times. But yes, anticipate my needs, be quiet and mostly leave me alone.

Left alone. But I usually like to be left alone anyways. I prefer instant messaging regularly as opposed to face to face or telephone talking. Face to face and telephone I like only when it's planned, and I'm picky about who it's with.

I like to be left alone. But if something really hurts then I need comforting words (not many) and that's it. I don't like to be touched or anything because it's annoying and I don't even like it when I'm healthy.

So I have been sick all day. I despise feeling sick, and I am so glad that it happens infrequently. One of the things I hate the most about feeling under the weather, is not just the way my body feels but how lonely and sad being sick makes me feel. When I'm sick I like to be held, touched, babied, and told I'm loved. Even if I'm contagious, with some sort of 24 hour virus. Mostly because that is how I am when people are sick. I do my best to make someone I love who is sick feel loved at the very least if I can't make the sickness go away. It doesn't matter if they're contagious to me, but some people aren't like that. Some people just want to be left completely alone. So, I was just wondering how you like to be treated when you're sick.. Anything special you like done to make you feel better?

This is exactly just how I want to be treated. I like to be babied nd held, and just plain doted on! However, I have an ENTP for a hubby, so this is hit or miss...

Normally when I am sick I want to be left alone. I just get in a bad mood. I do love to cuddle with people who are sick and take care of them.

It really, really depends. If it's something like a cold or flu, I just like to be left alone, period. If it's something like a really, really bad stomach bug, I like to be babied.

Usually when I'm sick I'd like to be left in solitude. I'd appreciate people helping by getting me enough shopping in, or fulfilling any obligations on my behalf. But generally speaking, as long as all the things I need to survive and recover are in my house, then I'll manage by myself. :)

In fact, it can feel nice to have to manage by myself, as it shows me how well I'm recovering, or reassures me that I am still sick... if you know what I mean :lol:

meh... I'm sick right now. Both my kids, my bf and I are all sick in the house at the same time and it's spring break. We're all feeling really pathetic, and all I want is a balance of being babied and left alone. :(

meh... I'm sick right now. Both my kids, my bf and I are all sick in the house at the same time and it's spring break. We're all feeling really pathetic, and all I want is a balance of being babied and left alone. :(
Hope you and yours feel better soon, dearie.

Oh you poor darling. I'm going to be sending lots of warm thoughts and positive vibes your way. <3 :hug: I hope you all start feeling better soon.

If I'm contagious I'm like sumone. If I have a sore throat good luck trying to get me to speak. I will growl my thanks for the food and drink.

If I'm not contagious but am not well enough to do things, I will still try. I need someone to keep me from trying. I also hope someone will pop the DVD in and doze with me.

Well, whatever, haha. I like being babied when I feel sick. That's not to say I don't like solitude, as well.

When I was a kid and would get a fever or whatever, my dad would sometimes get me an Icee on his way home from work. That always cheered me up so much, just knowing that he was even a little concerned about me and how I was feeling.

I would never expect or desire someone doting over me. I just want a teeny, tiny bit of attention. An acknowledgement, I guess. Maybe it's immature, but like I said, whatever.

Hope you get better soon!