How do you feel when and after you read a book? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel when and after you read a book?

@flower - you can be in our club, even if you're different.

View attachment 44709

View attachment 44710

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If I loved a book, I wouldn't be able to finish it twice. I'd re-read my favorite parts again and again, analyze the dialogues, emotions, characteristics, author's mentality, etc., to the point of obsession. Then, I'd get sick of myself and stopped reading it. There are a lot of books that are dear to me, but I can't read them again for that particular reason.

But in general, I try not to get too attached to a book, I'll just read something well-written, fun, or thought-provoking.

Let's just say that when I find a book that piques my interest, I get obsessed.

Okay, obsessed is an understatement. I get REALLY obsessed.

So when the book comes to an end, it's a very sad moment in my life. It's almost like someone close to me died, and I'm silently grieving over the fact.

With that said, however, I'm an extremely picky reader as well, so fortunately I don't have to go through those moments that often.

Thank Cthulhu for that, otherwise I don't know what I'd do with myself.

If it's a book that has been highly recommended and difficult to get hold of and I start to read it (and find myself enjoying it)....I will often:
Devour it...occasionally pausing to digest extracts but generally I'm just eager to finish the book.
AND THEN I RE-READ IT AGAIN!
Second reading will usually be at a slower pace, meticulous and allowing for longer pauses to contemplate and digest.

I like to imagine I'm in the story sometimes and think of the different outcomes for certain characters. Or even just watching them from afar like I'm invisible.

Reactions: Ginny and flower