How do you deal with fake people? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How do you deal with fake people?

Well, here's what I try to keep in mind, I truly believe that most people generally present themselves how they want to be seen, not necessarily how they truly are. In that respect, most people are "fake" to varying degrees. It's up to you whether or not you choose to look beyond the facade, and it's up to the other person to let their colors fly... or not.

Wisdom.

:<3yellow:

One way or another I push them away be it through toxicity or elitism, I am put off by people who give themselves up just to become whatever the world wanted of them that ultimately resulted in a lot less than what could have been had they stayed true to themselves. More than anything I crave depth and originality that is rare in this world.

I think that if you're someone who reads people well, fake people tend to be grating and cringey more than anything else.

I generally wouldn't engage except if I have to (e.g. for work reasons) but if I find myself in a position where something obviously false is said to me with the intent to manipulate, I'll typically confront the person. And be hated by them forever as a result, of course.

Most of the time I ignore fake people. Of course I’ll help if they need me or just being normally friendly. But I wouldn’t make any effort to get closer to them, cause the friendship seems shallow if you’re faking it. If they are clingy, then I’ll try my best to be as far as possible from that person.

Reactions: Rit4lin and acd
The only real things you can observe on a person is their actions and their non-verbal reactions, everything else is fluff.
Words are cheap and easy to fabricate, unless they come immediately through one's emotions.
Everything else has already been re-processed internally by one's inner state / intentions / thoughts.
Everyone is more or less wearing some kind of persona mask in their daily life.
So you either deal with it by wearing a mask yourself all the time or by seeing through their masks and get to the real person.

Removed some Fi edginess from original text.

Last edited:
I just let people be.

And talk about them behind their backs.
I have found that the fakest most shit-talky people are basically those who get talked about the most for being idiots who can’t control themselves and how they treat others. Over time it becomes a way they justify their behavior, even though they deserve it. It’s just sad.

But yeah the way to go is to just be your non-shitty self and stick with the other non-shitty people who can see your value and help you succeed. Be political though, obviously. A fake person being called out will either be defensive or deny it, so don’t even bother. Just play your own cards silently.

Reactions: Asa