How do you deal with fake people? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you deal with fake people?

I think it really does boil down to what is considered "Fake" and what's considered "Polite", "Over the top." and "None of your business."

People who are Genuinely "Fake", IMO, are rather aggravating to be around. If the "Fake"-ness is grounded in stupid little lies that aren't necessary to bump up your supposed image, it can get really irritating to be around for extended periods of time.

I suppose some people would call me, "fake" because I tend to keep my thoughts or experiences to myself unless I know the person a bit. Politeness and social shields exist for a reason and I'm grateful for them. Not everyone IMO, needs to know everything, all-the-way, all-the-time.

I don't get it. I did a brilliant thread on scary movies and it's Halloween. Nobody cares. One thread about fake people? Everyone is here. I'm so jealous it's untrue. I changed my socks and everything.

Jason maybe a serial killer but at least he's here for me. You guys are the worst. Sponsored by cgsaaate toothpaste. My ex leaves the lid off toothpaste.. Who does stuff like that? She does. She's inhuman. Don't try to check my thread it's too late now. I'll delete the whole thing.

This place is awful.(holds hands behind back fingers crossed).

I leave everyone to their own story. I practice being myself, no need to "fake" anything. Only BS I call others out on is blatant disrespect...

"Don't knock out your neighbor's porch light in an effort to make yours shine brighter."

i leave them alone and don't call them out on their bs unless it directly affects me or someone i know/care about.

I don't get it. I did a brilliant thread on scary movies and it's Halloween. Nobody cares. One thread about fake people? Everyone is here. I'm so jealous it's untrue. I changed my socks and everything.

Jason maybe a serial killer but at least he's here for me. You guys are the worst. Sponsored by cgsaaate toothpaste. My ex leaves the lid off toothpaste.. Who does stuff like that? She does. She's inhuman. Don't try to check my thread it's too late now. I'll delete the whole thing.

This place is awful.(holds hands behind back fingers crossed).
I leave the lid of the toothpaste, it saves time.

Update.

Ex left for work after coughing all night. She looked close to tears. She said she was ok. I gave her a very light hug. She burst into tears, and said I'd not hugged her in ten years. I gave her a hug on Sunday morning. I didn't argue.

Yesterday I asked my neighbor how he was, he started to tell me. This is Britain. Unless you're on the floor bleeding, the response is "I'm fine thanks". Things are happening in this country I'm uncomfortable with, and I'm not talking about losing a test match to Bangladesh. That's cricket. You've stopped reading, I realize that now...

Yesterday I asked my neighbor how he was, he started to tell me. This is Britain. Unless you're on the floor bleeding, the response is "I'm fine thanks".

tumblr_n00jvy3e5w1rftg9do9_500.jpg

enhanced-buzz-16720-1372676095-0.jpg

Do you call them on their bs or let it go? What if they are fake and lie to you all the time? And what if they are family members instead of simply acquaintances or co-workers?
I know how I deal with them but would like to see how others do.

I have some people from my family circle, that are really fake and huge liars. It's more difficult to push them away, so I just keep my distance and keep trust to myself. When it comes to friends, that's a different story. First I try to understand that person and learn more about him/her, but if nothing changes and a nice face is only a shadow of the real one, then that's a good-bye from me. I don't want to surround myself with people that I don't like or enjoy being with.

In the past I used to keep them as semi-friends for awhile, but that is a stupid choice. Why waste many hours on them, when that time could be spent on something more productive and enjoyable? I guard my time, because time is what life is made of.

One way of justifying an appropriate response to fake people is to question their inappropriate behavior.
As it is often the case that fake behavior is inappropriate, and prompts an explanation. For instance, if
someone is acting like your friend when they aren't, it's not unreasonable to assert your expectation that
strangers shouldn't be so close.

Real emotions impose a natural process in our behaviors. Fake ones try to circumvent this process.