How do you deal with fake people? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do you deal with fake people?

everyone is fake really but honestly i just feel sad for them for not having any independent thought,unless they're sociopaths which means they're only using you for your own goals given that they are being fake with you,or psychopaths,or sometimes narcissists
She was actually ^ but I'm embarrassed to mention it lest it look like I only know narcissists and sociopaths. I 'liked' her until I saw beyond the mask. It's hard to carry on liking someone though when you do see beyond the mask.

Obviously I'm not saying that all fake people have personality disorders.

Someone being "fake" with you could just as much be them putting up with your crap, don't you think?

Reactions: Jet and sassafras
Someone being "fake" with you could just as much be them putting up with your crap, don't you think?
do you have a certain disliking towards a specific person in this thread or do you think that it may be a slight jab at you

@ihavenofriends
I'm all too disconnected to feel targeted for being fake ;)

No but really, sorry if you thought it was in response to you. I haven't read all the posts so maybe we're talking about different things but in general I think people who come across as fake often do so to put up with the situation, rather than it being innate to the person.

Reactions: Jet
oh no i didnt think it was at me at all i just thought it was directed at someonelse and i was curious sorry,

Reactions: Elis
i mean it led to you apologizing to me when you shouldnt have so uh i thought that i should say sorry as what i did may have been rude

I have nothing to do with fake people. I don't like them, they figure that out about me. Done.
This is the way I am around them too. If they direct something At me, especially in front of other people, I will call them on it, sometimes privately later. I didn't use to cut people out of my life as much, but now I am much more comfortable with that.

Reactions: Jonah Caan and Asa
Met a man recently that couldn't stand letting me know he knew of something I had done decades ago. He said, "You don't ...." do what he knew I did. I shall say people should not judge by what they hear. They have absolutely no idea why, how, or what was actually taking place. My answer to him is "you're right." How many of us hear the birds feeding in the bushes? How many know something is wrong when they become silent? While listening to a conversation?
Called an osprey over to us yesterday. He followed us into the sound, only to be attacked by a much larger eagle. Their being downwind from us, I screamed at the eagle to leave the osprey alone while waving my arms out like a larger bird. The eagle left and I watched him all the way to his perch a mile away. Guy I was with later said, "He called one bird over to us, then ran another bird away from him." Some birds get quite territorial, but I was not going to just watch.

My point is simple: some people do or say things for reasons we may never even think about. Reminds me of the guy that said, "What are you: blind or something?" .....to a blind person. Some masks may be shields to protect others.

Reactions: sassafras
Fake people are minions. Just like the dead, they can easily be controlled. Their highly influenced desires are simplistic and can be used to bait them.

latest

I hope you understand
WTF kind of shit is this?

By trying to understand why they feel it necessary to be fake. We are all fake at times.

I like this.

However when people tell me they learned chinese from watching old movies (and never uttered a word of it in proof) and once killed a man with a single punch (but didn't go to jail on a manslaughter charge) I tend to just nod my head and say "Sure, sounds good."

Obvious fabricators aren't worth debating with or getting into fights with. Just keep the relationship professional and not get dragged into their dreamland.

let them dig their own grave or challenge them to 3 x 3 minutes in a ring with 5k on the line

Reactions: April