How close to reality is North Korea's threats? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How close to reality is North Korea's threats?

Not sure if anyone cares about this thread, but I thought it might be interesting to let some of you know what happened the last time the UN put harsh sanctions on a country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sanctions

I'm not sure exactly what the sanctions involve this time… but if China and Russia are on board with something similar, it could be the end for North Korea-- or more likely, for their nuclear program. The US is being pretty rough this time… a lot more than they have been for the past 20 years or so.

This just in, CNN, um, I mean the US, has decided to accept NK as a nuclear state until people are done talking about Boston.

If I remember correctly, I think one of the biggest threats along nuclear lines is having weapons from the defunct Soviet states get in the hands of say, North Korea. I think once the arms race started there wasn't any reason to think it wouldn't continue in one fashion or another. There will always be a "North Korea" somewhere in the world.

The actual North Korea threats are really nothing to be too worried about. They have a tendency to do this every few years and the media consistently blows it out of proportion. The real worry are the Military Industrial Complexes which seem to want America to go to war for their own self benefit. I wouldn't be too surprised if we had a Gulf of Tonkin-like incident in the next several years.

Reactions: muir
I would personally see it as a sad state of affairs having another cold war with more players less experienced and with different views.