The man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud
But nobody ever hears him or the sound he appears to make
And he never seems to notice
But the fool on the hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning 'round
And nobody seems to like him, they can tell what he wants to do
And he never shows his feelings
But the fool on the hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning 'round (oh oh oh)
'Round and 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round
And he never listens to them, he knows that they're the fools
They don't like him
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning 'round
Oh ('round and 'round and 'round and 'round)
Oh

I wish my teacher is alive and reading this. She was young. This is why I abandoned her class. If she would have just asked...

Day after day.................................God is eternal, not temporal
Alone on a hill................................God is never alone, and is omnipresent
The man with the foolish grin.........God is not a man, though He has been...................foolish grin...............nothing foolish about God
Nobody wants to know him.............I want to know Him, as millions of people do...........they can see he's just a fool...........................Thou shalt call no man a fool, especially our Creator
to be continued...
He never gives an answer.................so wrong. Psalms 19
(To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Fool on the hill????????
He never shows His feelings................not to those he does not hear from
The eyes of the Lord........
1 Peter 3:12 KJV
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, And his ears are open unto their prayers: But the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Man of a thousand voices..............Nobody seems to hear him........John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Nobody seems to like him...................Way off track
He never listens to them, he knows that they're the fools............4. Jeremiah 29:12-13; "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

This song is clearly written about God, and is clearly written by someone who does not know Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ok08Y567gA
This is a good listen. "Is there Scientific Evidence That God Exists?" The case for a Creator. on youtube

Last edited:
Reactions: Jexocuha
You should ponder why the idea that fairies and unicorns and sky daddies exist does not seem outlandish to you, but the claim that a good amount of people are insane or ignorant does. It seems like you want to reach the conclusion of whether God exists or not through a somewhat scientific process, using rationality and maybe history/anthropology, and I'd start with addressing your own bias before I attempt to make any arguments.

Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
You should ponder why the idea that fairies and unicorns and sky daddies exist does not seem outlandish to you, but the claim that a good amount of people are insane or ignorant does. It seems like you want to reach the conclusion of whether God exists or not through a somewhat scientific process, using rationality and maybe history/anthropology, and I'd start with addressing your own bias before I attempt to make any arguments.

Things are not always as they seem. I'm stating that science, which I used to care little about because of "theories", will eventually prove there was a creation. Darwin is out by his own words. Yet, they tried to shove his theory down my throat. It did not happen.
Sorry if you were mislead by my words, but I have no reason to prove God's existence. My spirit has no doubts whatsoever. You have the right to ignore whatever you wish to ignore, as I chose to ignore Darwin.

bdb24d2bce5ad429e83015e9edf9a9d5.jpg

Things are not always as they seem. I'm stating that science, which I used to care little about because of "theories", will eventually prove there was a creation. Darwin is out by his own words. Yet, they tried to shove his theory down my throat. It did not happen.
Sorry if you were mislead by my words, but I have no reason to prove God's existence. My spirit has no doubts whatsoever. You have the right to ignore whatever you wish to ignore, as I chose to ignore Darwin.

bdb24d2bce5ad429e83015e9edf9a9d5.jpg

I doubt Einstein refered to God, or anything supernatural when referring to ''intuition''. If anything, sensibly conforming to the environment you grew up in, or what people you associate with believe in [Christianity] is hardly an intuitive or imaginative process.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Doubt? What is doubt?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift. The rational mind is a faithful servant. Sensibly conforming would rather be from a rational mind. Are you insinuating I have a ring in my nose? What if I were to say the doubters are conforming to their past and who they hung out and grew up around? However, I am not saying that.

Einstein states the society we have created (most likely around 1920's) has allowed the rational mind and has forgotten the intuitive mind. Why would he say that? I have an intuitive mind, tested that way every time and know it to be true, and it has not been forgotten, though I understand his meaning.

Last edited:
I'd start with addressing your own bias before I attempt to make any arguments.

You would do best not saying this. What does it say about you?

Doubt? What is doubt?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift. The rational mind is a faithful servant. Sensibly conforming would rather be from a rational mind. Are you insinuating I have a ring in my nose? What if I were to say the doubters are conforming to their past and who they hung out and grew up around? However, I am not saying that.

Einstein states the society we have created (most likely around 1920's) has allowed the rational mind and has forgotten the intuitive mind. Why would he say that? I have an intuitive mind, tested that way every time and know it to be true, and it has not been forgotten, though I understand his meaning.

This is not even an Eistein quote by the way.

"...this saying was derived from the words of Bob Samples who was presenting his individual analysis of Albert Einstein. The phrasing evolved over time, and by 1997 someone had placed quotation marks around the descendant expression and had assigned the words to Albert Einstein. However, the ascription to Einstein is spurious."

You would do best not saying this. What does it say about you?

I'm not the one claiming to be in the process of skeptical investigation of the metaphysical, so nothing.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
This is not even an Eistein quote by the way.

"...this saying was derived from the words of Bob Samples who was presenting his individual analysis of Albert Einstein. The phrasing evolved over time, and by 1997 someone had placed quotation marks around the descendant expression and had assigned the words to Albert Einstein. However, the ascription to Einstein is spurious."

I'm not the one claiming to be in the process of skeptical investigation of the metaphysical, so nothing.

Thanks for diving deep enough to discover what had been presented was fraudulent.

Cheers,
Ian

I have been misunderstood many times in my life. I have also had my words twisted. I mean no harm here. I am no skimmer when it comes to tasting water. I swallow the whole river, the sand bars in the river birches along the river's fresh-water path to the ocean, the owl sitting amongst the trees, the sounds of nature around me, the sounds of the waters rushing by a flexible dead tree, a white deer appearing at river's edge. Sorry for not checking the source of a quote on the www. Were you looking for an answer?
A fraudulent misrepresentation is in the www, which is where that has come from. Isn't it funny how people change things wrongly?

Did you ever address the "sacred gift" and the "rational servant"? You said it is a quote.
I keep having words placed in my mouth. That is disgusting. Anything to try and rip apart how I believe. Are you fighting within, @niar ? No need to fight me. I am not trying to prove anything. I said science will prove there was a creation. Hope it happens in your lifetime.

If anything, sensibly conforming to the environment you grew up in, or what people you associate with believe in [Christianity] is hardly an intuitive or imaginative process.
I am not the one claiming to be in the process of skeptical investigation
of the metaphysical. I am rather enjoying it. Want to talk about ethics?

While I agree to this, what are you really trying to say? My Christianity has been through the fire. I fear society has little room for intuition, although it is a sacred gift. Following along with others? This sounds more like a servant of one's surroundings. The use of words with a hidden insinuation regarding another's belief, against one's own beliefs, is what I feel. Relax and have your own beliefs. I shall have mine.

Last edited:
How can I know if God exists and what kind of God it is?
Seems to me you're looking for a spiritual path, not necessarily a god. Might be worth noting they're not mutually exclusive...Buddhism, for instance.

I have been misunderstood many times in my life. I have also had my words twisted. I mean no harm here. I am no skimmer when it comes to tasting water. I swallow the whole river, the sand bars in the river birches along the river's fresh-water path to the ocean, the owl sitting amongst the trees, the sounds of nature around me, the sounds of the waters rushing by a flexible dead tree, a white deer appearing at river's edge. Sorry for not checking the source of a quote on the www. Were you looking for an answer?
A fraudulent misrepresentation is in the www, which is where that has come from. Isn't it funny how people change things wrongly?

Did you ever address the "sacred gift" and the "rational servant"? You said it is a quote.
I keep having words placed in my mouth. That is disgusting. Anything to try and rip apart how I believe. Are you fighting within, @niar ? No need to fight me. I am not trying to prove anything. I said science will prove there was a creation. Hope it happens in your lifetime.

I am not the one claiming to be in the process of skeptical investigation
of the metaphysical. I am rather enjoying it. Want to talk about ethics?

While I agree to this, what are you really trying to say? My Christianity has been through the fire. I fear society has little room for intuition, although it is a sacred gift. Following along with others? This sounds more like a servant of one's surroundings. The use of words with a hidden insinuation regarding another's belief, against one's own beliefs, is what I feel. Relax and have your own beliefs. I shall have mine.

You lost me on the water/deer/river bit. I don't have a reason to address the ''sacred gift'' and the ''rational servant'', considering they come from an author who misquoted Einstein; he and his interpretations have no credibility with me. It's apparent that there was an attempt back then to create an fraudulent, modular Eistein quote for all kinds of quacks to add authority to their claims.

I'm not fighting you. You're the one who responded to me with a wacky quote and telling me I'm biased, so I'm countering those claims. If you see that as ''ripping apart what you believe'', that means you're not prepared to analyse your beliefs in the least, so don't dish it if you can't take it.

I meant the OP when I said ''I'm not the one investigating the metaphysical'', although I might not have been clear enough. It's pretty clear though that you're here to evangelise, not investigate anything. Other posters seem to be ignoring you for this reason, and I'm about to follow their example.

If being oneself cannot be accepted here, that's fine.

Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
A lot of the difficulty comes from not going big enough, deep enough. God didn't create the world as a historical event - it's a continual, ongoing process. He's not some inflated human-like figure acting like some overlord technician who made the world, but is the living soul of all that is, including us. His spirit lies within the very laws of physics that allow our universe to support life, and in the laws of evolution that have lead to me writing this post. He lies within my very words - and yours, and everyone else's. Anyone who listens carefully, in the right way, can hear him, feel his life vibrating in all that exists - but you have to want to, and you have to go seeking. It's the archetypal hero-quest.

A lot of the difficulty comes from not going big enough, deep enough. God didn't create the world as a historical event - it's a continual, ongoing process. He's not some inflated human-like figure acting like some overlord technician who made the world, but is the living soul of all that is, including us. His spirit lies within the very laws of physics that allow our universe to support life, and in the laws of evolution that have lead to me writing this post. He lies within my very words - and yours, and everyone else's. Anyone who listens carefully, in the right way, can hear him, feel his life vibrating in all that exists - but you have to want to, and you have to go seeking. It's the archetypal hero-quest.

Beautifully said

I see it like this as well. Praying for God to give you things is completely the wrong way to do it. When I pray, I do it to be more like God and more like Jesus, and to help me fight pride, promiscuity, greed, envy, gluttony etc.

God is not in control and he cannot change the outside conditions of anyone's life.