How can I become more like an INTJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How can I become more like an INTJ?

First and foremost.....
INTJs are NOT SMARTER than INFJs.

yes in theory the idea is that INTJ/INTP are the "smartest" mbti type....with INFJ being second or third respectively
but neither of these 2 types is smarter than an INFJ. both fail in comparison to an INFJs abstract thought process, neither are as wise as an INFJ, and both have the emotional intelligence of grade school level children. granted an INTJ is an 6th grader better at this than an INTP/ISTP is still in toddler school.

bottom line is that what you are thinking is that INTJs "seem smarter" because....
1. they can argue well
2. they ONLY deal with concrete things.
3. INFJs dont really do well in either of those concepts.
thus its easy to think that INTJs are smarter than us INFjs.....but really nothing is further from the truth. as an INFJ you are total package....as rational as a mastermind.....as cold as a ROBOT......yet has loving and empthathic as a man with 10 hearts...able to feel the love and suffering of others... I know INTPs and INTjs that I am not only as smart as....but if I wanted too i could HUMBLE them. I dont do it...out being kind... but its only MY KINDNESS that allows their narcissistic vanity to flourish.
mind you this is a kindness that they do not return in favor...

you are in their arena.....which is not your strength....but it can be done.
ask them to enter your WORLD.
and you will see a humble fraction of the peacock they claim to be.
embrace that you are an INFJ...there nothing they can do that you cannot. INFjs have NO limits......the same cannot be said of the INTj.

First and foremost.....
INTJs are NOT SMARTER than INFJs.

yes in theory the idea is that INTJ/INTP are the "smartest" mbti type....with INFJ being second or third respectively
but neither of these 2 types is smarter than an INFJ. both fail in comparison to an INFJs abstract thought process, neither are as wise as an INFJ, and both have the emotional intelligence of grade school level children. granted an INTJ is an 6th grader better at this than an INTP/ISTP is still in toddler school.

bottom line is that what you are thinking is that INTJs "seem smarter" because....
1. they can argue well
2. they ONLY deal with concrete things.
3. INFJs dont really do well in either of those concepts.
thus its easy to think that INTJs are smarter than us INFjs.....but really nothing is further from the truth. as an INFJ you are total package....as rational as a mastermind.....as cold as a ROBOT......yet has loving and empthathic as a man with 10 hearts...able to feel the love and suffering of others... I know INTPs and INTjs that I am not only as smart as....but if I wanted too i could HUMBLE them. I dont do it...out being kind... but its only MY KINDNESS that allows their narcissistic vanity to flourish.
mind you this is a kindness that they do not return in favor...

you are in their arena.....which is not your strength....but it can be done.
ask them to enter your WORLD.
and you will see a humble fraction of the peacock they claim to be.
embrace that you are an INFJ...there nothing they can do that you cannot. INFjs have NO limits......the same cannot be said of the INTj.
INFJs are infallible misunderstood perfect beings. All other types would do well to kneel before the Uber wise and wicked smarter than everyone else INFJ. Know your role. Kiss the INFJ's ring, other non-INFJ pissants. :tonguewink:

If this post reaches 1,000,000 Likes, highlighter will turn water into wine. INFJesus.

(Sorry. Just had to!)

So I've read that a lot of INTJs are known as the mastermind personality type. I feel they are way way smarter than us INFJs. I also have two friends who are INTJ and they are super smart, always have very logical kind and sophisticated conversations where I just almost feel like an idiot being around them when they do sometimes. They both have very, successful Instagram pages which have led to to Businesses and blogs. They make music and work with photographers it feels like everything they think or want they do and I struggle with executing my ideas like they don't. So I feel like if I could start thinking like them and stop feeling more like an INTJ I may learn this skill or trait. I can't find info on this anywhere. For the record I have tested once as INTJ but I'm clearly an INFJ.

Every type and individual has their own unique strengths and weaknesses. I once dated an INTJ on/off for a few years and while we didn't last, I'll always acknowledge that spending time with him helped me to develop my critical thinking skills. I found myself more curious and inspired to learn because he was so knowledgeable about a variety of topics. It was at times intimidating, because I felt like I knew nothing, but he didn't treat me like I knew nothing. He seemed to like to teach what he knew. I'm sure your friends appreciate your unique strengths, too. Maybe you just need to find your passion and it will be easier to devote yourself to it and achieve goals. You could ask them for advice on how to achieve goals. Its not helpful to compare yourself to others OR to try to overcompensate by blowing up your own ego.

Last edited:
Reactions: t56hg2bv
INFJs are infallible misunderstood perfect beings. All other types would do well to kneel before the Uber wise and wicked smarter than everyone else INFJ. Know your role. Kiss the INFJ's ring, other non-INFJ pissants. :tonguewink:

If this post reaches 1,000,000 Likes, highlighter will turn water into wine. INFJesus.

(Sorry. Just had to!)
I think this is a good example as to how and why we see the world so differently.

Acd...
Looks like you won an argument with backhanded logic working hard to make infjs look dumb... like i have not see. That before. Nts always prove my point for me. But keep on trollin.

Acd...
Looks like you won an argument with backhanded logic working hard to make infjs look dumb... like i have not see. That before. Nts always prove my point for me. But keep on trollin.
Not trying to make INFJs in general look dumb, but was poking fun at your overcompensating... As I noted above. It seems like so many of your posts are like that, just bashing the other side. It doesn't sound in OP like these INTJ friends are intentionally trying to put him down... These are his own feelings resulting from comparing himself. Not necessary to make them the bad guys..

Last edited:
Acd...
Come on man, you brag about INFJs being humble masterminds. Adding to that that INFJs would be limitless, as if holding that above other types.

Reactions: acd
Come on man, you brag about INFJs being humble masterminds. Adding to that that INFJs would be limitless, as if holding that above other types.

Maybe because the extrovert or the thinker usually (in fact) get the last word?

Reactions: t56hg2bv and Elis
Don't bother, INFJ is the best.

Reactions: acd and t56hg2bv
Maybe because the extrovert or the thinker usually (in fact) get the last word?

This is true, but I think this statement is incomplete.

"get the last word...." because the last thing said is so incredibly backwards that internally we say, how have you truly stayed alive this long.

Of course, I've reflected back on some things I've said and wondered the exact same thing. Then had to decide if IM hungry for crow.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Ok, that was probably bullshit. :wink:

It's healthy when we can look at ourselves and laugh.

I went to Sonic with my SO awhile back. She told me to order jumbo popcorn chicken. So I'm placing the order and I say jumbo popcorn shrimp. My SO quickly says NO chicken. So I corrected myself and and said jumbo popcorn shrimp chicken. She started laughing, then I thought a second and said, "ok, I just created a new animal didn't I?" So anytime one of us says something incredibly dumb we call it a shrimp-chicken moment.

Are you an INFJ SS?

That I am. :)

Edit:

I'd encourage growing INFJs to work towards becoming more rooted in their tertiary Ti for many different reasons. Secondary Fe can be so...easily persuaded and almost emotional (in my opinion). So if you (as an INFJ) are looking to connect with an INTJ who really enjoys using their secondary Te in discussions. Knowing where and why you stand on certain issues, the purposeful motives behind, the organization therein, the structural reasoning within your head, etc. can be very helpful when connecting with such a person.

I always try and remind myself that they're not cold people. They just like to look at a problem or idea from multiple perspectives and systematically analyze it with objective logic, discarding things that turn out to be problematic, and evolving their own understanding of something when new information turns out to be useful.

I mean, I don't have secondary Te so I'll never fully understand. But being more rooted in my tertiary Ti and knowing my own reasoning behind things...has been very helpful to me personally.

I hope this helped better explain my reasoning.

Last edited: