How can I become more like an INTJ?

WadeINFJ

May 10, 2017
Brisbane
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 6 3WD
So I've read that a lot of INTJs are known as the mastermind personality type. I feel they are way way smarter than us INFJs. I also have two friends who are INTJ and they are super smart, always have very logical kind and sophisticated conversations where I just almost feel like an idiot being around them when they do sometimes. They both have very, successful Instagram pages which have led to to Businesses and blogs. They make music and work with photographers it feels like everything they think or want they do and I struggle with executing my ideas like they don't. So I feel like if I could start thinking like them and stop feeling more like an INTJ I may learn this skill or trait. I can't find info on this anywhere. For the record I have tested once as INTJ but I'm clearly an INFJ.

One of the first things you might want to do is realize that mbti is only part of the story. I dont think it plays much into whether you will be successful in what you are interested in. For myself I have wide ranging interests. So much so I have never been able to find something I am interested in spending the rest of my life pursuing giving up all other interests.
Focus on what you are interested in

I think it would do you well to stop comparing yourself to your friends, no matter the MBTI. I have an INTJ buddy and he is also very smart; in different ways than I, and we butt heads in many areas, mostly politics. He is very well spoken, and perhaps more fluent in verbalization, whereas I take more time to process before I am able to conjure words, all depending on the scenario. There are many situations where I am two steps ahead of him, but of course those situations vary with the complexities of internal processing and external factors. More to the point however - they are not to be held to a pedestal; in fact, no one should. Comparing yourself to others is a lesson in absolute futility. May you grow to harness your inherent interests and to hone the skills to promote and conquer those peculiar things in this world that you desire. You have all of the power.

Wishing you all the best. Also, welcome to the forum!

So I've read that a lot of INTJs are known as the mastermind personality type. I feel they are way way smarter than us INFJs. I also have two friends who are INTJ and they are super smart, always have very logical kind and sophisticated conversations where I just almost feel like an idiot being around them when they do sometimes. They both have very, successful Instagram pages which have led to to Businesses and blogs. They make music and work with photographers it feels like everything they think or want they do and I struggle with executing my ideas like they don't. So I feel like if I could start thinking like them and stop feeling more like an INTJ I may learn this skill or trait. I can't find info on this anywhere. For the record I have tested once as INTJ but I'm clearly an INFJ.

I can teach you to think like me, but it will not be a good idea, for why would one ever want to think like another type?

I don't think you can really do that. But if you want to develop more logical thinking practices there are plenty of books about thinking critically. There's a beginner guide called "An Illustrated Book of Bad Arguments" by Almossawi and I think you can even see most of the content on Google image search.

Your problem is not mbti related, as you said it lies within your inability to execute. If you want to be more like your friends then you need to focus on consistency. Reward yourself for executing consistently.

Take it from an INFJ who has INTJ friends and an INTJ girlfriend, you do not want to try to emulate how they operate. Their way is not without faults, nor is your own, but doing things your own way will allow you a certain comfort and power in your own growth process that emulation cannot provide.

Last edited:
Reactions: t56hg2bv
You need to bow down to your superior, and accept my doctrine.

Lololol.

Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
How can I become more like an INTJ?

Think more?

This is a somewhat difficult question to answer. Just because someone is a T in their personality type does not mean they are smart or even capable. The T/F dichotomy is merely HOW you make your decisions. To quote another website:

"Thinking types tend to make their decisions based on data, evidence and rational thought. They tend to be pragmatic and not swayed by antipathies or emotions but prefer empirical data.

Feeling types tend to make their decisions based on values, emotions and impact on people. This is a slightly more illogical way of making decisions (when compared to logical ‘T’s) however ‘F’s can often ‘feel’ situations and so their decisions often take account of the less obvious more subtle issues that transcend the logical."

I think INTJ's tend to be very logical and motivated by what they think the world is, and that's how they act on it. They are good at predicting how systems will progress and emerge. I am a borderline INFJ / INTJ. I have worked in the IT field for almost 3 decades and can say that I know many people who are INTJ, most of whom I don't trust to do the right thing. The reason I say this is because a true INTJ doesn't always make decisions based on what is best for people. Look up some of the INTJ's that are /have been famous. If an INTJ's moral compass is skewed from early childhood then they can become a very dangerous person. This is because they will make and implement systems without regard to what is good for people. Sure, they may make a lot of money but possibly only at the expense of many people getting hurt. Lots of big CEO's in this category.

I like being an INFJ. I care about people and that is at the forefront of who I am when I make decisions.

To answer your question. If you want to become more INTJ from an INFJ then you would likely need to destroy part of the feeling part of your self. Stop caring about people and make logic as your primary means of decision making and then you will become more INTJ. But I will say this, be careful what you wish for, it just might happen.

This is a somewhat difficult question to answer. Just because someone is a T in their personality type does not mean they are smart or even capable. The T/F dichotomy is merely HOW you make your decisions. To quote another website:

"Thinking types tend to make their decisions based on data, evidence and rational thought. They tend to be pragmatic and not swayed by antipathies or emotions but prefer empirical data.

Feeling types tend to make their decisions based on values, emotions and impact on people. This is a slightly more illogical way of making decisions (when compared to logical ‘T’s) however ‘F’s can often ‘feel’ situations and so their decisions often take account of the less obvious more subtle issues that transcend the logical."

I think INTJ's tend to be very logical and motivated by what they think the world is, and that's how they act on it. They are good at predicting how systems will progress and emerge. I am a borderline INFJ / INTJ. I have worked in the IT field for almost 3 decades and can say that I know many people who are INTJ, most of whom I don't trust to do the right thing. The reason I say this is because a true INTJ doesn't always make decisions based on what is best for people. Look up some of the INTJ's that are /have been famous. If an INTJ's moral compass is skewed from early childhood then they can become a very dangerous person. This is because they will make and implement systems without regard to what is good for people. Sure, they may make a lot of money but possibly only at the expense of many people getting hurt. Lots of big CEO's in this category.

I like being an INFJ. I care about people and that is at the forefront of who I am when I make decisions.

To answer your question. If you want to become more INTJ from an INFJ then you would likely need to destroy part of the feeling part of your self. Stop caring about people and make logic as your primary means of decision making and then you will become more INTJ. But I will say this, be careful what you wish for, it just might happen.

Here's an example (one that we have all probably heard): A car manufacture has a problem with a part that could cause some failure in an automobile. The company decides that it is cheaper to NOT recall the part because of data that suggests it is cheaper to pay the claims due to the failures rather than do a total recall and invest in fixing all of the vehicles. This sounds exactly like something an INTJ would propose. Emperical data, foresight to understand the possible outcome and costs, and a decision that will be successful for their company and personal progression in their field. Now, I'm not suggesting that all INTJ's are inherently bad, because that would be a gross overestimate; however, I don't trust them because externally you won't be able to see how much (or even if) they truly care about those they are affecting. Its only when their inferior function (Fe) has been developed will you ever see anything.

Reactions: Honey and WadeINFJ
abit
Your problem is not mbti related, as you said it lies within your inability to execute. If you want to be more like your friends then you need to focus on consistency. Reward yourself for executing consistently.

Take it from an INFJ who has INTJ friends and an INTJ girlfriend, you do not want to try to emulate how they operate. Their way is not without faults, nor is your own, but doing things your own way will allow you a certain comfort and power in your own growth process that emulation cannot .

A bit off topic but what is it like dating an INTJ?

I don't think you can really do that. But if you want to develop more logical thinking practices there are plenty of books about thinking critically. There's a beginner guide called "An Illustrated Book of Bad Arguments" by Almossawi and I think you can even see most of the content on Google image search.

This is what I was after, thanks. Thinking more logically/Practically but also trying to show less feeling as i think a lot of the time makes me seem weak and vulnerable.

Thanks, you couldn't have said it better. I definitley agree with everything you just said.

This is what I was after, thanks. Thinking more logically/Practically but also trying to show less feeling as i think a lot of the time makes me seem weak and vulnerable.

I assure you, it's not about logic or even thinking. I have multiple degrees and a genius level IQ. Still, I'm an F. Yes, I'm closer to the middle, I make smart choices, but i always consider the human element (who will it hurt and who will it help) when deciding. That's at the forefront of the decision.

Information comes in, combines with intuition, solutions emerge from creativity, PAUSE and ask the question how will this effect those involved, THEN decision. That's an INFJ.

Start planning world domination.
;)