Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Alright, so I thought I'd bring this to light after stewing it over in my head since like, early January.

I am highly suspicious of any supposed INFJ, who says people say they are mystical. Because frankly, most true INFJs and not isfjs-or-isfps-that-want-to-be-infjs-as-their-career-choice do not share these visions. If we notice something, then what we also notice right off the bat is whether or not the group will accept it. If they don't? Then we don't speak. So I find it funny when people say "on a daily basis I get told I'm like Jesus, Ghandi, Jamie Foxx and lotsa-other infjs but its like thats cool man i am not the only psychic in the world." Alrighty, but that is not an INFJ.

Also, I would like to point out INFJs don't have psychic visions in the way most people think of them. We can't tell the future, and I think the most psychic thing about us is that we don't get caught off guard usually. When I watch a movie in a movie thearter, 9 times out of 10 I know how its going to end. But so does my ENTP mom, ENFP sister, ISFP friend, and ESFJ sister (though I think she guesses). I would really like to put a final stomp on all this psychic bibble babble, because frankly I'm sick and tired of all the psuedo gypsies stamping infj on their cerebral domain property license, simply so they can be psychic.

Now I want you guys to take careful note, though I wrote this as a rant, thats not the meaning behind it. I want you guys to either agree, that yes you don't really share your visions very often at all (if ever) or no, that you share them to every billy-bob-bo who looks at you and smiles. Or you can just like, not post. That's always an option as well.

Also, I just read a post saying "yea so like people come up to me and start talking to me and I don't even know them, they're just drawn to us... You know like... Jesus... and Psychics." (ok so I added that last part :p )

No. INFJs are cold to the unknown, not that we mean to be, but frankly we are too busy to care usually. In fact, its why many INTJs are INFJs, because we can be surprisingly cold to the touch. So the second someone says "hi so like im psychic and people talks to me and i dont even know them" I put their credibility into a gun barrel, go to a fish market, stick a fish into the barrel, and then stick it in my face and fire. Because if getting people to talk to us is as easy as shooting fish in the barrel, then well fuck, shoot me in the face instead of wasting that bullet. Because I myself can't find time enough to try and open up to complete strangers who don't care about us.

And can we please not turn this into a topic of "nvm i thought saru was changing his type again." or "this so proves enfp" or "HIS type? I thought saru was a girl. he/she has self written poetry in signatures and glaciers that cry. gay."

Thanks guys, love ya.

:m026:

edit:

what I see is this:

Ni sees consequences, and from those consequences it finds meaning. All Ni does is find consequences and meaning, when combined together they appear to be psychic.

At least, all I ever see is consequence and meaning.

Btw, wassup with all these supposed Ni-doms being able to type people so quickly? Don't sound like no Ni dom I know. we're notoriously bad at stuff like that, though Ni-Te is better than Ni-Fe.

Last edited:
Reactions: slant
They are, and this is why dark ghostly bugs are so effective against them.

More seriously, I agree with you and that's probably the most annoying thing about this forum. "Ohai, I'm INFJ and I has Ni supah powers so I can like totally guess the future and bend spoons". Ni may see over appearances, but that does NOT mean psychic. Some of them are highly intutitive, but their sudden realization comes from somewhere, not from any magical power. Same goes about guessing stuff about people and movies and whatnot.

Reactions: Saru Inc
Nah, I'm psychic. :D

I think what you are trying to say, is that Ni is actually quite different from being psychic in the sense that is generally assumed. (Like clairvoyance)...

I agree with you then if this is what you mean, because there is indeed a difference.

(But I really am psychic). :m027:

Reactions: Saru Inc
Nah, I'm psychic. :D

I think what you are trying to say, is that Ni is actually quite different from being psychic in the sense that is generally assumed. (Like clairvoyance)...

I agree with you then if this is what you mean, because there is indeed a difference.

(But I really am psychic). :m027:

Essentially.

Example:

I am driving in my car at 35 miles and an hour in a neighborhood, a girl runs out in front of me but somehow doesn't get hit. In a split second my mind works out what would have happened if I had hit her, and for like 2 seconds I'm in another world running out of my car staring a splattered corpse as her redneck dad comes out with a shotgun and shoots at me. Then snap I'm right back into the real world, so grateful I didn't hit the kid. Then I speed up to 55, because due to my shit Si, who says what happened is going to happen again?

Of course an exaggeration, but thats how it works. Its why I've always seen myself as a system builder of people even before some old dead guy told me I was in an internet article.

Reactions: Neuropedia
I think it's just hard to explain where conclusions from Ni come from, especially in infj's because we are a feeler type and feeling is way more difficult to describe than thinking. The "psychic" explanation comes from people not knowing how Ni in the subconscious mind bubbled up to the conscious mind.

This thread made me feel a little more secure about my type because to be honest, we infj's aren't really "warm" people. We definitely can be, no doubt, but we spend so much time contemplating dark things that it's hard not to be cold. Even though I enjoy giving emotional advice/being a shoulder, this rarely happens and it seems like mbti expects this behavior from me. I think this is best left to the infp or isfp.

Reactions: Neuropedia
I think it's just hard to explain where conclusions from Ni come from, especially in infj's because we are a feeler type and feeling is way more difficult to describe than thinking. The "psychic" explanation comes from people not knowing how Ni in the subconscious mind bubbled up to the conscious mind.

This thread made me feel a little more secure about my type because to be honest, we infj's aren't really "warm" people. We definitely can be, no doubt, but we spend so much time contemplating dark things that it's hard not to be cold. Even though I enjoy giving emotional advice/being a shoulder, this rarely happens and it seems like mbti expects this behavior from me. I think this is best left to the infp or isfp.

Honestly I think ENFPs are the most approachable types. If I'm ever to approach someone, they're an ENFP. I love enfps, except their horrible Ni makes me want to cry.

Really what it is with me, it's not that its unexplainable, but its coupled with unobtainable language, and a refusal to share all of us. We use Ni to see consequences of things that haven't happened IRL, but have happened in our own world, and our Fe to decide if the group is going to accept it.

Also we tend to be two faced. I thought I was an E for like... 4 months? Because when I'm around people I am loud and gregarious (hi tinychat), but when I'm around new people/certain people I'm very quiet. I am definitely an responder (introvert) versus an intiator (extravert.)

Btw I want to rename INFJ RAED

-Responding (introvert) vs intiating (extravert)

-Analogy/Aerial (intuition) vs concrete (sensing)

-Emotion (feeling) vs calculating (thinking)

-Determined (judging) vs Open (perceiving)

of course that has flaws, T's have emotion, and P's can be determined etc. But over all I think it works a lot better.

Essentially.

Example:

I am driving in my car at 35 miles and an hour in a neighborhood, a girl runs out in front of me but somehow doesn't get hit. In a split second my mind works out what would have happened if I had hit her, and for like 2 seconds I'm in another world running out of my car staring a splattered corpse as her redneck dad comes out with a shotgun and shoots at me. Then snap I'm right back into the real world, so grateful I didn't hit the kid. Then I speed up to 55, because due to my shit Si, who says what happened is going to happen again?

Of course an exaggeration, but thats how it works. Its why I've always seen myself as a system builder of people even before some old dead guy told me I was in an internet article.

Yep.

Ni works for me in this way:

During dealing with a resident, I get a sense of what is going on for them regarding their health concern. I get this info from many things, such as what my senses take in. Then, all of a sudden, other info (accompanied by that delicate feeling that tells me I'm right) makes it's way magically to my brain, and I end up asking questions along those lines to clarify etc. Yep I'm right... So then, now I can use this Ni info to further help this person...

Btw, was that you who I saw pulled over by the cops last week for speeding??? :D

Yep.

Ni works for me in this way:

During dealing with a resident, I get a sense of what is going on for them regarding their health concern. I get this info from many things, such as what my senses take in. Then, all of a sudden, other info (accompanied by that delicate feeling that tells me I'm right) makes it's way magically to my brain, and I end up asking questions along those lines to clarify etc. Yep I'm right... So then, now I can use this Ni info to further help this person...

Btw, was that you who I saw pulled over by the cops last week for speeding??? :D

no. i died. coroner found bits of bullet shells and raw herring in my brain cavity ;)

Example:

Don't you love Ne? ;)

I understand what you mean. When I've told friends in the past my personality type and explained it to them that I am extremely intuitive and insightful, they always roll their eyes and say things like "so what, you're God now?" or "so you think you're psychic or something?" I. Want. To. Strangle. Them. Most youngin's around me, though, couldn't give two shits about their "personality type". Actually, a lot of "oldin's" couldn't care less either. So people naturally think I'm blowing smoke up my ass. Also, INFJs who DO have a god complex both annoy me and make me ashamed to share my personality type with them.:m051:

Reactions: Cyrus
no. i died. coroner found bits of bullet shells and raw herring in my brain cavity ;)

Herring you say? I bet that redneck dad jumped at the chance of a free snack!

Herring you say? I bet that redneck dad jumped at the chance of a free snack!

wasnt my fault.

i had to get to a convention where we read palms with our Ni.

Reactions: Cyrus
Also we tend to be two faced. I thought I was an E for like... 4 months? Because when I'm around people I am loud and gregarious (hi tinychat), but when I'm around new people/certain people I'm very quiet. I am definitely an responder (introvert) versus an intiator (extravert.)

I can definitely relate to the two faced thing. I can get a bit obnoxious sometimes around friends or family. Well, not obnoxious but I trick them into thinking that I'm a secret extrovert. When I'm out by myself and around unfamiliar people I tend to be very quiet, often not speaking for hours. Actually, I think I'm on about 4 hours now without speaking. Ok, that's a lie, I sung a lyric a coupe of times.

If I'm forced to be around people I can put on the Extravert mask.

Note: I hate how mi computadora thinks extravert is supposed to be spelled extrovert

I can definitely relate to the two faced thing. I can get a bit obnoxious sometimes around friends or family. Well, not obnoxious but I trick them into thinking that I'm a secret extrovert. When I'm out by myself and around unfamiliar people I tend to be very quiet, often not speaking for hours. Actually, I think I'm on about 4 hours now without speaking. Ok, that's a lie, I sung a lyric a coupe of times.

If I'm forced to be around people I can put on the Extravert mask.

Note: I hate how mi computadora thinks extravert is supposed to be spelled extrovert

tu computadora? aww que pena, computadoras de espanol fucking suck-o.

I also hate when I'm forced to interact with people, like my isfj dad "time for sunday dinner" GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Ni isn't psychic, no function is "psychic". I am planning on writing an article in the next few days about Si and Ni (the Pi functions) that will hopefully clear some of the misconceptions of it out there. The only time Ni seems psychic is when the user of Ni isn't able to trace back properly where the initial thought came from. Largely because to most Ni doms that isn't always seen as a nesscarry thing of Fe or Te understands what their Ni is saying.

Don't you love Ne? ;)

I agree, that really is a better example of Ne more then anything.

Reactions: Bird
I forgot a lot of spanish...
I used to be really good at it but I just never spoke it. I just forgot how to say "computer" in english for a bit.

Ni isn't psychic, no function is "psychic". I am planning on writing an article in the next few days about Si and Ni (the Pi functions) that will hopefully clear some of the misconceptions of it out there. The only time Ni seems psychic is when the user of Ni isn't able to trace back properly where the initial thought came from. Largely because to most Ni doms that isn't always seen as a nesscarry thing of Fe or Te understands what their Ni is saying.

I agree, that really is a better example of Ne more then anything.

*sigh*

i have given up on this.

btw, he was making a joke. thus the ;)

Sometimes I can read your mind...