Heartbreak. Is it harder for us? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Heartbreak. Is it harder for us?

[MENTION=14171]Paul Wenz[/MENTION]

This makes me feel a lot better. Knowing that this stuff happens repeatedly to others too but they were able to find someone in the end and it was the ex's who couldn't commit that are now single. It's very reassuring.

I think that you are right about people getting overwhelmed by love and projecting their own fears onto you in a way of distancing or protecting themselves. Love comes so easily to me it's like second nature. It's not scary or threatening at all so it's hard for me to understand when people are ambivalent about it or have unrealistic expectations.

I don't think that marriages are often easy. Have you read anything by Erich Fromm about love and commitment? You mind find it interesting and helpful.

All I can say is I give my heart away in full way too fast. I have had my heart broken twice in the past few months. I hate being alone, but maybe i need to swear off men. I just got broken up with last night, with the excuse he was going to try and work things out with his kids mom that he has been separated from for a year. Yet, he has a newly formed dating account.
Good riddance to bad rubbish! When they lie it is always to make their lives easier.

Plume,
yes did read Eric Frome many, many years back.

remember many years back GF on her parting said i few times to me i will never love anyone as i love you.
What the hell was she thinking?

Later on i met a number of very suitable and lovely ladies, at the time i was too damaged to think of the future , just the sack.

I think heartbreak is (can be) hard for anyone regardless of their mbti type.

It's certainly not easy for me. Another pointless MBTI thread.