Have you traveled outside of you country? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Have you traveled outside of you country?

As an adult/youth, have you traveled outside of your country of birth?

• No.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes, without much chance for interaction with localss.

• Yes, but to a culturally/linguistically/politically similar place.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, I had the chance to observe/experience a different way of life

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Yes, and it expanded my perspective/enriched my worldview/shifted or confirmed my ideologies.

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Yes, but it did not affect my worldview/beliefs much or at all.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (feel free to discuss)

• Total voters
Mexico (Jalisco region) and Canada (BC region).

Both sides of my family are from that area in Mexico, so none of it's much of a shocker. I've been there plenty. Some cultural differences, naturally. More casual racism and sexism than in the liberal parts of the US where I've lived. They're also big on the physical affection whereas I'm not. Kissing and hugging and such. My pop used to make us kiss the back of our grandfather's hand.

Canada's really just America Jr. The money and abundance of poutine were all that stands out to me.

Yeah, I've been to a few places but it didn't really change me. In fact, it's just me but...somewhere else.

I've been to Barcelona, Paris and Amsterdam (twice).

They're all very nice places but they're just cities and I guess I'm not that big on cities. Amsterdam made me think about what liberalism means and I realised that it can be kind of ugly and a bit sad. It also made me realise I don't want shops selling cannabis because the British public could not handle it and it would ruin it for everyone else. I just want to not be a criminal for possessing or growing it...I care not for markets.

The catacombs in Paris are awesome for a spot of Memento Mori. Barcelona is pretty cool because of how much history there is and how the return of the Catalan culture from brutal repression is so recent. Amsterdam is very picturesque as well in parts and being in the house where Anne Frank and her family hid was pretty moving.

I didn't really get to know many people in any of these places, though. I chatted to people but they were often not from the place or just staying there a while or otherwise fellow tourists.