Has anyone been with an ENTJ? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Has anyone been with an ENTJ?

What about other ENTJs warrants that reaction?

From what I can recall, I have only known three ENTJs decently well in real life, but my experience with them has been consistent:

They are compulsed to operate within an understanding of the world that is well accepted and/or documented. This is absolutely unfathomable to me, as because I've found this data unreliable; I've read plenty of peer reviewed publications that have holes in them, many facets of life and society that people accept are ludicrous to me, etc.

The short answer is while I employ the use of Te-like thinking in my life quite a bit, it comes off as "incorrect" to use predominantly.

This would be fine if this didn't cause an interpersonal clash between the ENTJ and me - it does. The ENTJ seems to view my opinions as intentionally contrarian or harmful (they're not), and I view theirs as "easy" and misguided. Additionally, it seems as though they "force" these opinions on others as fact; this is kind of a general extroverted behavior I find distasteful.

I also have a difficult time coping with Fi-driven behaviors, and the Fi-driven behaviors of the ENTJs I know seem to be denied by them and are very jarring to me.

In contrast, there's some level of (winking, even?) acknowledgment you have about your opinions and thought processes which I find comforting.

Last edited:
From what I can recall, I have only known three ENTJs decently well in real life, but my experience with them has been consistent:

They are compulsed to operate within an understanding of the world that is well accepted and/or documented. This is absolutely unfathomable to me, as because I've found this data unreliable; I've read plenty of peer reviewed publications that have holes in them, many facets of life and society that people accept are ludicrous to me, etc.

The short answer is while I employ the use of Te-like thinking in my life quite a bit, it comes off as "incorrect" to use predominantly.

This would be fine if this didn't cause an interpersonal clash between the ENTJ and me - it does. The ENTJ seems to view my opinions as intentionally contrarian or harmful (they're not), and I view theirs as "easy" and misguided. Additionally, it seems as though they "force" these opinions on others as fact; this is kind of a general extroverted behavior I find distasteful.

I also have a difficult time coping with Fi-driven behaviors, and the Fi-driven behaviors of the ENTJs I know seem to be denied by them and are very jarring to me.

In contrast, there's some level of (winking, even?) acknowledgment you have about your opinions and thought processes which I find comforting.
I just completely disagree. There's certain facts about the world that we can rely on to make our decisions.

We'll have to get into this later though. I have a nap to take.

I agree. It's like they imagine the status quo as something natural, inevitable and timeless.

Perhaps that Se grounds them in a present which they extrapolate both forwards and backwards in time.

Pin's likability and self-awareness is something else, though. Just look how he navigated this disagreement, it's kind of masterful, lol. He went to a mock level of volume and insistence with the exclamation mark, and made it all a joke while putting himself in a subordinate position to you. You can't help but like the guy and, as a result, heed his message.

I agree. It's like they imagine the status quo as something natural, inevitable and timeless.

Perhaps that Se grounds them in a present which they extrapolate both forwards and backwards in time.

Pin's likability and self-awareness is something else, though. Just look how he navigated this disagreement, it's kind of masterful, lol. He went to a mock level of volume and insistence with the exclamation mark, and made it all a joke while putting himself in a subordinate position to you. You can't help but like the guy and, as a result, heed his message.

He read psychology books. :p

True that. Also, the video I made about conflict recently, especially the point about not wasting pointless energy engaging in it when there is nothing fruitful to be expected from the interaction, must have been partly inspired by Mister Pin.

The myth is wrong, it is ENTJs who are wise beyond their years, INFJs!

Bird thinks I'm an ENTJ. She's standing next to me and I asked her to give me 5 to 10 brief ways to describe it. She says:

"Just...always wanting to accomplish things"
"A little impatient"
"Assertive"
"Dutiful"
"You're all...'Here's our data, here's the information, here's what's going on and here's what we're doing!'"
"Systematic"
"You really like to be aware"

I just call that having my shit together. :p

Bird thinks I'm an ENTJ. She's standing next to me and I asked her to give me 5 to 10 brief ways to describe it. She says:

"Just...always wanting to accomplish things"
"A little impatient"
"Assertive"
"Dutiful"
"You're all...'Here's our data, here's the information, here's what's going on and here's what we're doing!'"
"Systematic"
"You really like to be aware"

I just call that having my shit together. :p

What about Bird? Is there a type she relates to more than others?

Just kidding. But I would associate 'ethereal' with Fi not Fe.
I think Fi has more 'engagement' than (Ni)Fe in this case.

Fi is more 'solid' - Fe more 'airy'. One reifies feeling, the other dissolves.

I can see how Bird might've tamed Korg in the most unexpected way, with this kind of quality.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Ren