Gender studies graduate vs high school drop out | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Gender studies graduate vs high school drop out

Sad that you regard caregiving of the infirm and elderly to be a "crappy job." In my view, such service and the people who devote themselves to it, is/are invaluable.

I view this a "crappy job" solely based on how it compensates people who are doing the work. In my judgment, the primary definition of a crappy job is the amount of work you have to put into versus the compensation you receive. There are other factors as well, but this is the cold reality. When you are in a position of selling your labour as most of us are, and if your labour is not valued by the marketplace, your compensation is low, and its also low relative to the amount of time and effort you have to put forth. Restaurant work is another example. Physically demanding, low hours, low pay.

Heart, kindness, compassion, diligence have nothing to do with the title/letters attached to one's name. We have fetishesd the 4 year degree beyond belief. It is just a piece of paper that says you showed up somewhere (or sat at home online) and maybe wrote a few papers.

Diligence and perseverance is absolutely indicated by your completion of a program of study, no matter what it is, its just not a matter of "showing up". Although 80% of life is likely just showing up Those other qualities have nothing to do with education or training of any kind, these are personal qualities that really can't be learned or taught.

Okay, but it does exist, this is not indoctrination its just a fact.

I never claimed it didn't exist. It often involves indoctrination using inflated feminist statistics (1 in 4 women are not raped on campuses). I've watched lectures being recorded in-which the lecturer brainstorms the attributes and effects of 'whiteness' and how it 'oppresses' the rest of society. This is not just a Neo-Marxist course intended to deconstruct Western philosophy, it attempts to create new definitions for words and redefine our philosophy as either a cis-gendered oppressive sort, or some kind of Western imperialism. All of these arguments are made by countless numbers of students and academics on campuses. I've seen this several times in different countries. This was a gender studies course and it does happen. It's not only indoctrination, it is the open acceptance of racist thought-processes against any group of people that they view as the 'oppressor' in society. Too many white people? Racial diversity is the answer. Too many straight white males? Encourage transgenderism upon children that don't even know how serious the subject is. I've watched videos of women recording their own child and telling her that "your daddy isn't a man anymore" and posting it on the internet, as if it were some kind of political message to those that may be 'transphobic'. What I am suggesting from these findings is that gender studies and other courses that share its neo-marxist attitudes to the West are often interlinked by a political movement and motivation to continually criticize the achievements of Western Philosophy and replace it with perpetual class/racial warfare; and I remember George Orwell maintaining that the key solution to a continuing facist state is to keep your own people subdued under warfare. It may not be existential warfare, but it is a kind of warfare that threatens to tear the social fabric of countries apart. I am already seeing it in Europe. This is the heart of SJW theory.

Reactions: PintoBean
It's not only indoctrination, it is the open acceptance of racist thought-processes against any group of people that they view as the 'oppressor' in society. Too many white people? Racial diversity is the answer. Too many straight white males? Encourage transgenderism upon children that don't even know how serious the subject is. I've watched videos of women recording their own child and telling her that "your daddy isn't a man anymore" and posting it on the internet, as if it were some kind of political message to those that may be 'transphobic'. What I am suggesting from these findings is that gender studies and other courses that share its neo-marxist attitudes to the West are often interlinked by a political movement and motivation to continually criticize the achievements of Western Philosophy and replace it with perpetual class/racial warfare

A lot of complaining on this board and other places I visit about the excesses of the left. Nothing about the excesses of the right. The message is wouldn't everything be great and wonderful if all these neo-Marxist Liberals weren't always being so divisive and stirring up so much dissent. If those people weren't fomenting and manufacturing dissent, Western society would be a paradise without class or racial divisions whatsoever. Heck -- it would just like the good ol' days when everyone knew their place and minorities knew their place in the "natural order" (the bottom) and were happy just to partake in the fruits of Western civilization. Also government did what it designed to do, wage war and keep order just in case some of those minorities got a little "uppity". There was no such thing as "entitlements" and everyone worked as long as their employers told them they should, in the conditions that were designed to maximize profits, and there was freedom, freedom from oppressive safety regulations. Morality was also a lot clearer back in the good ol days when activists weren't try convert people to homosexuality or transsexuality or whatever.

Now this great push to go back to all this. Isn't our collective memory short?

A lot of complaining on this board and other places I visit about the excesses of the left. Nothing about the excesses of the right. The message is wouldn't everything be great and wonderful if all these neo-Marxist Liberals weren't always being so divisive and stirring up so much dissent. If those people weren't fomenting and manufacturing dissent, Western society would be a paradise without class or racial divisions whatsoever. Heck -- it would just like the good ol' days when everyone knew their place and minorities knew their place in the "natural order" (the bottom) and were happy just to partake in the fruits of Western civilization. Also government did what it designed to do, wage war and keep order just in case some of those minorities got a little "uppity". There was no such thing as "entitlements" and everyone worked as long as their employers told them they should, in the conditions that were designed to maximize profits, and there was freedom, freedom from oppressive safety regulations. Morality was also a lot clearer back in the good ol days when activists weren't try convert people to homosexuality or transsexuality or whatever.

Now this great push to go back to all this. Isn't our collective memory short?

You really do need to stop straw-manning every anti-left argument into oblivion like this. Who on this board is suggesting that minorities should be sent to the bottom like the 'good old days'? Certainly not me. Why do you insist on deflecting criticism of left-wing groups back onto the right-wing groups? You also claim I don't attack the right; I could easily refer you to a thread on this very forum and also my blog (on religion) in-which I not only criticized the Christian right in the United States, but also the Catholic Church and its representation since the beginning of the Crusades; most of which is currently defended by mostly right-wing groups in Western societies. But of course, you must have missed all of that and spent your time creating more false equivalencies and quoting the Trudeau family. I have never denied that right-wing groups are flawless, I have said rather to the contrary, and yet you still refuse to even acknowledge that these violent and rather sinister groups within academia (as well as the anti-trump protesters punching people in the face) believe in ideologies that make up a significant portion of the Western left. "our collective memory" is also a very perceived one and doesn't mean the same thing to everyone in any society. We all share popular memories, but many people know some truths or half-truths that are worth listening to which may not be a part of the consensus opinion that is usually adopted by media outlets, and that is usually diluted by collectivist mentalities which I have already described.

This forum contains so many threads criticizing the right, that some threads even divulge into simple mockery. I think the ratio of left-wing and right-wing on this board must be at least 2-1 in favour of the left. The ball is in your court, I'm afraid. You made the false claims, a simple and unfortunate mistake.

Last edited:
First of all there is such a thing as argument by implication. Trump is a good a example. He doesn't come right out and say "Mexicans are inferior to Americans of European ancestry" he implies it in not so subtle ways by saying many untrue things about Mexican-Americans characterizing them as "rapist and murders". Many say that's not racist because he didn't directly say it. So we play this little game where the only way to express racist attitudes is to state it directly. When you say:

Too many white people? Racial diversity is the answer.

Like representation of the people actually living in our society is a terrible thing.

Nothing I have read of your posts has demonstrated any attack on right wing ideology. I know you are an atheist but that’s really about as far as it goes. Atheists exist on the right and left of political spectrum and its a philosophical perspective which has not much to do with politics.

and yet you still refuse to even acknowledge that these violent and rather sinister groups within academia (as well as the anti-trump protesters punching people in the face) believe in ideologies that make up a significant portion of the Western left

The violence at Trump rallies has been primarily instigated by Trump supporters and everyone knows it, I have actually seen the footage of Trump supporters sucker punching a black protester. I have watched the footage of Trump offering to pay the legal bills of violent supporters. I have not heard him disavow violent supporters in the way that Sanders has. I know where the violence comes from. it comes from the people who preach the ideology that immigrants or gays or someone else is taking what’s yours, and now its your turn to take it back.

For all that, the right is extremely well represented on this board and has many loud and active supporters. For myself I will continue to post (quoting the Trudeau family and whoever else speaks the truth) and will do so without reservation. I stand by what I have posted as the truth and will make no apology for it.

Last edited:
I met someone about a week ago that said when asked they were studying genders. They seemed kind, though we spoke only for a moment. I have read the thread, but nothing has impelled me to google gender studies in college. My only immediate thoughts were X and Y chromosomes, added with pairs of DNA. We didn't have that back in the dark ages when I was young, or at least I don't remember.

No matter the subject, most people have a reason for choosing something. What might make no sense at all as a choice to me, might make perfectly good sense as a choice to another. To each his/her own.

As a high school dropout with a GED, I simply disagreed with the teacher and principal's wielding of power over me. Teachers should be held to a certain amount of human dignity, and should realize some of their students aren't normal. Why read "Great Expectations" without trying to understand it? Only had three six weeks left...

As an owner of two businesses over the years, I learned honesty and integrity to be two of the most important factors when hiring someone. Experience always helped, but not if dishonest. If someone watched and listened, they would have the experience I needed them to have quickly. There are always those that seem they just don't care. Loyalty rated high with me.