"Gay" High Schools | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

"Gay" High Schools

Flamboyantly gay or effeminate males are always going to have a hard time… there's just no way around it-- but homosexuality alone isn't enough to differentiate someone from their peers.

But homosexuality isn't always invisible. There are genderqueer and trans youth.

its to point out to absurdity of using government to sanction any form of discrimination against any group based on such a flippant thing as race or sexuality.

See, that's your white privilege talking. Hence, "why isn't there White History Month?"

Trust me. I know your argument. I just think your argument is bad.

It would be far more efficient for the minorities to try and blend in instead.

..... Oh yeah, giant white privilege here. "The world would be perfect if everyone was like me and my race/sexuality."

But homosexuality isn't always invisible. There are genderqueer and trans youth.

See, that's your white privilege talking. Hence, "why isn't there White History Month?"

Trust me. I know your argument. I just think your argument is bad.

What you think is irrelevant, you have yet to show how your position isn't discriminatory.

What you think is irrelevant, you have yet to show how your position isn't discriminatory.

I did nothing but dispute your same point for 3 pages and it reached levels of epic redundancy. But because you see the world in black and white, with-or-against glasses all the time and in everything, as usual you're either agreeing with Billy or you're engaged in an act of evil.

Oh yeah, and then there was that study you paraded around when it was clear all you read was the headline.

inb4: "BUT IT ISSSSSSSSSSS DISCRIMINATION"

It would be far more efficient for the minorities to try and blend in instead. and what about me? you can divide people in any distinction you want to create a minority.

Describe "try to blend in". Then tell me how it (at all) has anything to do with what I wrote. And lastly, tell me how this isn't hypocrisy to your stance on religion and people "just doing what they're told".

I did nothing but dispute your same point for 3 pages and it reached levels of epic redundancy. But because you see the world in black and white, with-or-against glasses all the time and in everything, as usual you're either agreeing with Billy or you're engaged in an act of evil.

Oh yeah, and then there was that study you paraded around when it was clear all you read was the headline.

inb4: "BUT IT ISSSSSSSSSSS DISCRIMINATION"

For pages you attacked me personally, and talked about what I think, I just want you to explain how its not discriminatory to segregate people based on subjective labels and not allow another group the same ability.

Describe "try to blend in". Then tell me how it (at all) has anything to do with what I wrote. And lastly, tell me how this isn't hypocrisy to your stance on religion and people "just doing what they're told".
For starters, not requiring their own schools so they can segregate themselves. And no, I wont explain the last portion of your question, its completely irrelevant to the discussion.

For pages you attacked me personally, and talked about what I think, I just want you to explain how its not discriminatory to segregate people based on subjective labels and not allow another group the same ability.

I explained that.

I'm sorry you see disagreement as "personal attack".

I explained that.

I'm sorry you see disagreement as "personal attack".

No, see saying "we have white privilege" is not a viable excuse for why we need gay schools and why cementing discrimination with public money is acceptable.

No, see saying "we have white privilege" is not a viable excuse for why we need gay schools and why cementing discrimination with public money is acceptable.

You don't read do you? You just... kinda.... skim...

You don't read do you? You just... kinda.... skim...
I have no choice with you, you personalize almost everything. Are you going to tell us why its ok to discriminate in favor of 1 group but not another or what?

I have no choice with you, you personalize almost everything.

pot, kettle, meh...

Are you going to tell us why its ok to discriminate in favor of 1 group but not another or what?

I think I already described why it isn't discrimination. You merely keep repeating, 'BUT IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS'. So I don't see the point to repeating myself again.

That doesn't really affect my argument.

Yeah, I saw. Sorry about that, I'm pretty woozy today.

So, as to my response to your argument, the problem is there are reasons to make an LGBTQ-friendly school even without bullies. I know there is no reason LGBTQ students and straight students can't get along, but the problem is they don't, and I believe there should be a safe place for those kids that do need it.

Last edited:
pot, kettle, meh...

I think I already described why it isn't discrimination. You merely keep repeating, 'BUT IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS'. So I don't see the point to repeating myself again.

Yeah, I saw. Sorry about that, I'm pretty woozy today.

Perhaps you can kindly recap your explanation then since it was obviously missed amidst the tedium of everything else you were personalizing.

So, as to my response to your argument, the problem is there are reasons to make an LGBTQ-friendly school even without bullies. I know there is no reason LGBTQ students and straight students can't get along, but the problem is they don't, and I believe there should be a safe place for those kids that do need it.

What about kids who are bullied but not gay? What about poor kids? What about ugly kids, or fat kids? What about really skinny kids? Short kids? Guys who can't get girlfriends? Handicapped kids?

What about kids who are bullied but not gay? What about poor kids? What about ugly kids, or fat kids? What about really skinny kids? Short kids? Guys who can't get girlfriends? Handicapped kids?

Fuck all those people! Its not nearly as impressive to stand up for those groups as it is for the gay kids, you win much bigger political brownie points!

Reactions: barbad0s
Perhaps you can kindly recap your explanation then since it was obviously missed amidst the tedium of everything else you were personalizing.

why its ok to discriminate in favor of 1 group but not another or what?

I'm not answering this. It's a loaded question. I have, however, answered why I don't think it is discrimination, and I won't say it again because it's already become a game in redundancy.

Well, there actually are schools dedicated just to handicapped kids. In fact, there are schools for the deaf and schools for the blind all over the place.

As I stated before, the schools that I know of are not exclusive to LGBTQ kids, but rather friendlier to those students than other schools might be. Now what that means is up to each school, or so it seems, so it's difficult to speak for all of them. The school in Toronto wants an environment where both teachers and students can feel free to be open about their sexualities. Other reasons I can think of, just off the top of my head, being inclusion of a more LGBTQ-friendly curriculum (history classes that discuss the AIDS epidemic/gay rights/etc, Sex Ed classes that don't teach a phallocentric view of sex), having a school environment that is friendlier to the needs of trans or genderqueer students (allowing students to go to a restroom that correlates with the gender they align themselves, allowing genderqueer/trans students to dress in the clothing they're most comfortable in).

I'm not answering this. It's a loaded question. I have, however, answered why I don't think it is discrimination, and I won't say it again because it's already become a game in redundancy.

Well, there actually are schools dedicated just to handicapped kids. In fact, there are schools for the deaf and schools for the blind all over the place.

As I stated before, the schools that I know of are not exclusive to LGBTQ kids, but rather friendlier to those students than other schools might be. Now what that means is up to each school, or so it seems, so it's difficult to speak for all of them. The school in Toronto wants an environment where both teachers and students can feel free to be open about their sexualities. Other reasons I can think of, just off the top of my head, being inclusion of a more LGBTQ-friendly curriculum (history classes that discuss the AIDS epidemic/gay rights/etc, Sex Ed classes that don't teach a phallocentric view of sex), having a school environment that is friendlier to the needs of trans or genderqueer students (allowing students to go to a restroom that correlates with the gender they align themselves, allowing genderqueer/trans students to dress in the clothing they're most comfortable in).

Yeah essentially you said it wasn't discrimination because "WHITE PRIVILEGE!!! it wasn't very impressive.

Yeah essentially you said it wasn't discrimination because "WHITE PRIVILEGE!!! it wasn't very impressive.

And so we come back to you just skimming. And you wonder why I'm not bothering to reexplain it.

And so we come back to you just skimming. And you wonder why I'm not bothering to reexplain it.
I went back and looked, I didn't see any explanations. Just the white privilege thing and then the insistence that since they will just about let anyone in, it isn't discriminatory... so I ask again. When can I have the white school for whites where we officially learn white shit? YOu know the reason why, its discriminatory to say "this is a white school" its discriminatory to say we have a non-discrimination policy anyone can sit on this bus, but get your ass to the back blackie... You have no grounds on which to stand for why this idea should be able to receive public funding. No one is saying there shouldn't be any private schools, by all means, go for it. But using public funds for this? discrimination.

would it be discriminatory In your opinion for there to be an Adolf Hitler High School for the Aryan race, where the curriculum literally only talks about white people, and their accomplishments in an open and free way so that Aryan white racists can feel comfortable? oh and fund it with federal money. But anyone can join the school. Would that be discrimination?

What do you guys think of having a high school tailored more to service the needs of the white aryan nation community? Someone on another forum I frequent posted this story, and it started a debate there, some calling the idea "segregationist" and comparing it to Jim Crow.

Now, as an education major, this isn't the first time I have come across the idea of WHITE schools. Last year I wrote for a local white zine a piece about Aryan charter schools in America, and in my research these charter schools cause a lot of the same concerns.

I am in support of the creation of schools like this.

First of all, comparisons to Jim Crow and segregation are not apt. Attendance is optional, it's not like they're forcing any and all whitestudents to attend. Not only that, but the charter schools I researched were open to non-white students, they were merely more aryan racist-friendly alternatives to public schools. While the article was vague about how this Toronto school would work, I imagine they would be the same way, mostly because I can't imagine how they would enforce a "whites-only" policy.

For a lot of the students going to these American charter schools, White Aryan schools were their last hope. Many of them felt so threatened at their "normal" school that they felt they just couldn't go any more. With drop-out rates among White aryan youths alarmingly high, I see the creation of White aryan schools to be a helpful "third way out".

Seems a lot more ridiculous when you put it this way.