"Gay" High Schools | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"Gay" High Schools

I don't understand. If the system is broken because of segregation, how will segregation fix that?

I'm not saying it will, I'm just saying they shouldn't suffer under a system that is, like you said, broken. How will you fix that rich people want their children to go to different schools from poor people? A thought revolution, but that doesn't lie in the immediate future unfortunately. People shouldn't suffer under the "if we can't fix it all, screw it" thought.

I agree with the anti segregationists here. The answer isn't categorizing us and sequestering us into corners. I feel there are many things we can and should do to improve our education system. But it comes down to money no one wants to spend.

Schools should be safe places where our differences are encouraged. And if we can't teach and learn our differences, then we learn to accept them. But these are lofty ideals and have almost no chance of ever becoming real. Still, the answer I think is to move in the direction of making what we have work for all of us. And not creating a nanny state. Learning we aren't different is a preferred approach in my mind to highlighting our differences and separating us because of them. All you do by creating schools that cater to a group is solidify that that group exists.
If I were uncertain there were gay people that felt misunderstood before, I know for sure they are different now because they need special schools were they can go and practice being gay and practice being different.

Reactions: barbad0s
Compared to who? What other factors may be involved? You can play with statistics any way you want to present the data, or perhaps the constant droning on about bullying and suicide is giving some of these kids ideas that may not have been quite as evident as they once were. Almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. And even so, is their suicide rate really the schools problem? I think youre going to have to elaborate on the statistics and factor in additional causes and not just assume its 1 cause. School bullying.

http://www.suicidology.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=232&name=DLFE-334.pdf

http://www.nmha.org/index.cfm?objectid=CA866DCF-1372-4D20-C8EB26EEB30B9982

Now, if you're asking to see direct evidence that bullying is a contributing factor to this, you're out of luck, in the same way you'd be out of luck if you asked me to show you direct evidence that the burning of fossil fuels is causing global warming. But there are, indeed, many factors. Being LGBTQ is hard. But that doesn't mean we can't have a safe haven for children who need one. Accounts by LGBTQ students going to the charter schools said that they were so much happier at the charter school and parents noted better mood.

I think it's cute that you want to blame bullying awareness though. Always going for the most instinctive, reactionary opinion, aren't you?

This doesnt even make sense...

I was responding to your club-dragging insistence that these schools won't get you ready for REAL, TOUGH, LIFE. They're kids. High school in general won't get you ready for REAL, TOUGH, LIFE.

Its gonna be tough to do this, you want to make special schools that basically discriminate against groups of people who dont belong to this specific group,

How is it discriminatory?

Are catholic schools funded by the State the same way you think the government should be funding Gay schools? Because no one is saying there should be no private schools based on this. My point is that government money doesnt belong in it.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20101122-charter-schools-with-ties-to-religious-groups-raise-fears-about-state-funds_use.ece

Also, there is a difference between the government helping establish charter schools that will push a particular religious agenda and the government helping fund LGBTQ-friendly alternative schools.

If there are gay schools there is no legal precedent for why there cant be straight schools.

BUT LIKE........ WHY IS THERE NO WHITE HISTORY MONTH!?!?!?!

You dont toss out the baby with the bathwater. ALL public schools should be a safe haven for ALL people who wish to learn. Fix the problem, dont make new ones.

And until that problem is fixed there cannot be any alternative because humans can only pay attention to one thing at a time?

The "WASP" agenda? Oh please do elaborate! Sounds downright devious. I love a good conspiracy.

In general, children are taught a very Eurocentric version of American history, where America begins with Christopher Columbus "discovering" it. European/Indian relations are largely ignored or vaguely glossed over. The only thing generally taught about the feminist movement is all first wave feminism, about gaining the right to vote. The LGBTQ part in the civil rights movements of the 60's and 70's is left out, as is the AIDS epidemic. Sex ed courses generally teach sex only as the act of vaginal penetration by a human penis. Literature taught is generally drawn from the straight, white (and generally, not very good) canon. I have yet to hear of a single graduate of public school who read the likes of Langston Hughes or Emily Dickinson.

It isn't a conspiracy, it's the result of a culture that is dominated by straight, white, male values and expectations.

I agree, we need to start having our schools teach academics again and move away from all this social bullshit thats making it impossible for students to learn and prepare for college. I cant tell you how many sensitivity meetings we had to do in school and diversity days which were really just excuses to get out of class and socialize instead of keeping to the curriculum.

Mmmmmmhmmmmmmm. I'm sure having to go to some assembly about once a month is definitely the leading cause of dwindling standards in the US, surely not because students are graduating without having learned anything past 3rd grade math and still reading at a 5th grade level.

Oh political correctness, you damned villain, you. I bet you wrote "The Catcher in the Rye" too! You filthy bastard.

conjecture.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Based on your thoughts on bullying, self-esteem, and "political correctness", it seems a large chunk of your worldview is based solely on conjecture.

http://www.suicidology.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=232&name=DLFE-334.pdf

http://www.nmha.org/index.cfm?objectid=CA866DCF-1372-4D20-C8EB26EEB30B9982

Now, if you're asking to see direct evidence that bullying is a contributing factor to this, you're out of luck, in the same way you'd be out of luck if you asked me to show you direct evidence that the burning of fossil fuels is causing global warming. But there are, indeed, many factors. Being LGBTQ is hard. But that doesn't mean we can't have a safe haven for children who need one. Accounts by LGBTQ students going to the charter schools said that they were so much happier at the charter school and parents noted better mood.

So no, there is no evidence that these kids are dropping out from school bullying or killing themselves from school bullying. I didnt think so. We could have done without the additional gum flapping that said nothing. And just some conjecture about parents moods and peoples feelings, well at least they feel good, guess it doesnt matter if they or anyone learns anything useful in school. Its all about feeling good.

I think it's cute that you want to blame bullying awareness though. Always going for the most instinctive, reactionary opinion, aren't you?
And I bet you think that makes someone wrong too right?

I was responding to your club-dragging insistence that these schools won't get you ready for REAL, TOUGH, LIFE. They're kids. High school in general won't get you ready for REAL, TOUGH, LIFE.
It doesnt? Really? I thought coming out of childhood and going into your teenage years and interacting with differnt people was a part of the foundation for learning about real life. Come down from your ivory tower and check out my club, its pretty fucking badass.

How is it discriminatory?
How isnt it? If I draw a line in the sand and say, this side of the line is for this group, I am inversely saying that its NOT for any other group.

Charter schools with ties to religious groups raise fears about state funds' use

I agree, it does raise fears, and 2 wrong do not make a right.

Also, there is a difference between the government helping establish charter schools that will push a particular religious agenda and the government helping fund LGBTQ-friendly alternative schools.
No, there is no difference, theyre both wrong and a misuse of public money.

BUT LIKE........ WHY IS THERE NO WHITE HISTORY MONTH!?!?!?!
Oh I understand your insane argument, that we have de-facto white history month because of sheer history/numbers... you havent answered the question though. Why is it ok to have 1 group get special rights officially and not another? Wipe the drool off your chin.

And until that problem is fixed there cannot be any alternative because humans can only pay attention to one thing at a time?
Incorrect assumption. We fix the problem, we dont create additional problems to combat 1 specific viewpoint.

In general, children are taught a very Eurocentric version of American history, where America begins with Christopher Columbus "discovering" it. European/Indian relations are largely ignored or vaguely glossed over. The only thing generally taught about the feminist movement is all first wave feminism, about gaining the right to vote. The LGBTQ part in the civil rights movements of the 60's and 70's is left out, as is the AIDS epidemic. Sex ed courses generally teach sex only as the act of vaginal penetration by a human penis. Literature taught is generally drawn from the straight, white (and generally, not very good) canon. I have yet to hear of a single graduate of public school who read the likes of Langston Hughes or Emily Dickinson.

I dont know about you, but my health class was about reproduction and sexually transmitted diseases and contraception. You cannot teach reproduction without talking about a penis and a vagina. At no point was that ever said to be better than anyhting else, simply that its how babies are born. Not sexuality. I would like to keep it that way personally. Sexuality is a private matter. I suppose we can add in a chapter about how one male depositing semen in another males anus will not reproduce children, but I would think that was pretty self evident. And we read a shitload of Emliy Dickinson my Sophemore year in highschool which was American Lit. And my senior year we were all required to read Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison... so I am not sure where you are getting your facts from. Because they are far from realistic.

It isn't a conspiracy, it's the result of a culture that is dominated by straight, white, male values and expectations.
Sure it is... you make it sound like there is some malevolent man behind the curtain keeping the minorities down... culture changes as it needs to. Up until the last few decades the vast majority of the USA was indeed white and heterosexual. So yeah that bias will be reflected, go to China and they teach about Chinese history, I dont see you complaining about that conspiracy. Grasping at straws.

Mmmmmmhmmmmmmm. I'm sure having to go to some assembly about once a month is definitely the leading cause of dwindling standards in the US, surely not because students are graduating without having learned anything past 3rd grade math and still reading at a 5th grade level.
Once a month? I wish... we have several diversity WEEKS per year and an entire diversity MONTH a year. That is time out of the classroom, and while your cutsie little strawman argument is endearing, thats not the point I was making. The point that was made was that all the sensitivity training, self esteem bullshit and diversity training in total detracts from the ciriculum. It does, and it shows by the fact that our kids are learning less and less and the courses are being dumbed down more and more to compensate for the lack of learning.

"The Catcher in the Rye" too! You filthy bastard.
Fun fact side note, the beginning of Catcher takes place at Choate Rosmary Hall, this is in my town.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Based on your thoughts on bullying, self-esteem, and "political correctness", it seems a large chunk of your worldview is based solely on conjecture.
Well, isnt everyones? Wait, youre one of those types that thinks his opinions are facts arent you?

Last edited:

Part of the sensationalizing of the bullying awareness is a steady drumbeat of suicide reporting. This is also known as "The Contagion Effect" which is especially strong in youths under the age of 24. Here are a few articles to sink your teeth into:

As helpful as the media can be in shining a spotlight on anti-gay bullying and risk for suicide, scientific research has shown that some media reports about suicide can be harmful and contribute to contagion, or "copycat" suicides. Reporting graphic details of the suicide method, publishing photos of the victim and sensationalizing or romanticizing the suicide can inadvertently lead to copycat behavior, especially among vulnerable youth.
http://www.afsp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=CF7F9E5B-BF4B-52F3-4D4079E9991163DC

The Canadian Psychiatric Association’s Media Guidelines for Reporting Suicide note that “there is a significant evidence-base demonstrating that media reporting of suicides is linked to copycat suicides among youth and young adults under 24 years of age. The guidelines suggest things to avoid and convey when writing about suicide.
AVOID:

• Details of the method
  • The word “suicide” in the headline
  • Photo(s) of the deceased
  • Admiration of the deceased
  • The idea that suicide is unexplainable
  • Repetitive or excessive coverage
  • Front page coverage
  • Exciting reporting
  • Romanticized reasons for the suicide
  • Simplistic reasons for the suicide
  • Approval of the suicide

http://www.care2.com/causes/suicide-contagion-effect-traditional-media-and-social-media.html

Canadian newsrooms have been averse to covering suicides for decades, deferring to medical studies that suggest publicizing suicide results is “contagion” – the idea that stories about young people killing themselves lead to more young people killing themselves and should be avoided.
In the past few years, most news outlets seem to have left the taboo behind and are following Nott’s lead. Some argue, however, that this isn’t the best approach and that any reporting on suicide needs to be done with extreme caution.
In a letter to the Toronto Star, Alisa Simon, Vice-President of Counseling Services and Programs at Kids Help Phone in Toronto, shared her thoughts on the ways to reduce suicide. She noted that the press has an important role to play and that responsible reporting on suicide does have a “dramatic and immediate reductive effect on suicide,” whereas “irresponsible media reporting on suicide appears to be linked to rising suicide rates.”

So no, there is no evidence that these kids are dropping out from school bullying or killing themselves from school bullying. I didnt think so.

There is no proof that fossil fuels cause global warming. I mean, the chemistry is right. And there is evidence that the world is getting hotter...

And I bet you think that makes someone wrong too right?

No. Just intellectually lazy.

Please note, you're the only person arguing against me right now that I'm saying that about.

It doesnt? Really? I thought coming out of childhood and going into your teenage years and interacting with differnt people was a part of the foundation for learning about real life. Come down from your ivory tower and check out my club, its pretty fucking badass.

And home schooled children are social cripples for life and can't adapt to society or whatever. Just like kids who went to Catholic school.

And I'm totally certain that everyone at an LGBTQ school will be exactly the same and everyone will think the same because LGBTQ people are a hive-mind.

Also, what Ivory tower?

How isnt it? If I draw a line in the sand and say, this side of the line is for this group, I am inversely saying that its NOT for any other group.

.... ummmmmmmm..... no. See, this "either you're with me or against me" attitude is part of your problem.

No, there is no difference, theyre both wrong and a misuse of public money.

Ok. Let's look at this. One is the government giving funding to a school that is going to push a particular religious agenda. The second is the government giving money to an LGBTQ friendly school which may have an alternate curriculum of varying degrees of deviance.

What do you imagine the curriculum/mission of an LGBTQ school is?

Why is it ok to have 1 group get special rights officially and not another? Wipe the drool off your chin.

You're the only one saying they're getting special rights, man.

And we read a shitload of Emliy Dickinson my Sophemore year in highschool which was American Lit. And my senior year we were all required to read Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison... so I am not sure where you are getting your facts from. Because they are far from realistic.

And because my anecdotal evidence is contrary to your anecdotal evidence, that means someone's anecdotal evidence MUST be wrong.

See, I'm happy you had a more diverse education that used Emily Dickinson and Toni Morrison. But for myself and too many other students, this is simply not the case. That's why it's not crazy for some people to wish for an alternative.

At no point was that ever said to be better than anyhting else, simply that its how babies are born. Not sexuality. I would like to keep it that way personally. Sexuality is a private matter.

People like you are the reason I get sloppy blowjobs. :p

you make it sound like there is some malevolent man behind the curtain keeping the minorities down

I'm sorry you think everyone sees the world in the good vs. evil light that you do.

go to China and they teach about Chinese history, I dont see you complaining about that conspiracy.

Well yeah, I don't live in China, and I don't know much about their culture or school system. As such I don't feel like I'm in a place to judge or critique their cultural values or systems.

Grasping at straws.

You're the one who asked.

Once a month? I wish... we have several diversity WEEKS per year and an entire diversity MONTH a year. That is time out of the classroom, and while your cutsie little strawman argument is endearing, thats not the point I was making. The point that was made was that all the sensitivity training, self esteem bullshit and diversity training in total detracts from the ciriculum. It does, and it shows by the fact that our kids are learning less and less and the courses are being dumbed down more and more to compensate for the lack of learning.

Well, I can guarantee you not every school does such extensive diversity/self-esteem training. My school had no diversity/self-esteem assemblies or weeks or whatever, yet my school was still an abject failure and was one of the lowest performing schools in my county, maybe even the state.

Furthermore, I'm curious as to what any of this has to do with GLBTQ schools?

Fun fact side note, the beginning of Catcher takes place at Choate Rosmary Hall, this is in my town.

Holden Caulfield can suck my dong.

Well, isnt everyones? Wait, youre one of those types that thinks his opinions are facts arent you?

HA

That's real rich coming from you.

Part of the sensationalizing of the bullying awareness is a steady drumbeat of suicide reporting. This is also known as "The Contagion Effect" which is especially strong in youths under the age of 24. Here are a few articles to sink your teeth into:

Reporting graphic details of the suicide method, publishing photos of the victim and sensationalizing or romanticizing the suicide can inadvertently lead to copycat behavior, especially among vulnerable youth.

especially among vulnerable youth.

vulnerable youth.

vulnerable

There is no proof that fossil fuels cause global warming. I mean, the chemistry is right. And there is evidence that the world is getting hotter...
irrelevant.

No. Just intellectually lazy.
irrelevant.

Please note, you're the only person arguing against me right now that I'm saying that about.
irrelevant.

And home schooled children are social cripples for life and can't adapt to society or whatever. Just like kids who went to Catholic school.
I view home schooling as a form of abuse if you want to know my feelings on it.

And I'm totally certain that everyone at an LGBTQ school will be exactly the same and everyone will think the same because LGBTQ people are a hive-mind.
straw man/irrelevant

Also, what Ivory tower?
The one youre sitting in I guess...

.... ummmmmmmm..... no. See, this "either you're with me or against me" attitude is part of your problem.
irrelevant.

Ok. Let's look at this. One is the government giving funding to a school that is going to push a particular religious agenda. The second is the government giving money to an LGBTQ friendly school which may have an alternate curriculum of varying degrees of deviance.

What do you imagine the curriculum/mission of an LGBTQ school is?
To offer a place specifically for gay students to segregate themselves away from the population at large. Thats literally the goal. But I guess I could word it much nicer, but why bother? Government shouldnt fund that or religious schools.

You're the only one saying they're getting special rights, man.
Well ya I mean, ya know... you pick a gorup based on a distinction then give them a segregated school based on that distinction.

And because my anecdotal evidence is contrary to your anecdotal evidence, that means someone's anecdotal evidence MUST be wrong.
Yours clearly... you said they dont teach those things, they do. I have proof. Would you like to come meet my old teachers who taught the subjects and still do?

See, I'm happy you had a more diverse education that used Emily Dickinson and Toni Morrison. But for myself and too many other students, this is simply not the case. That's why it's not crazy for some people to wish for an alternative.
Then lets get those things in our schools, not make new schools based soley on those subjects. Why should only the gay kids get to have that experience? WHy dont you become a teacher and teach those things and make a difference if you are so worried about it?

People like you are the reason I get sloppy blowjobs. :p
I get toothy blowjobs, but I am rather large :D

I'm sorry you think everyone sees the world in the good vs. evil light that you do.
Irrelevant <-- I only say that when I dont have a pithy comeback.

Well yeah, I don't live in China, and I don't know much about their culture or school system. As such I don't feel like I'm in a place to judge or critique their cultural values or systems.
And what makes you so certain youre in a place to judge anyone elses cultural value systems? THats kind of a wimp-out. If you believe in something to be true and right, dont you think it should be true and right no matter what? If you think gays got it bad here you should visit China. Or do gay chinese not matter to you?

Well, I can guarantee you not every school does such extensive diversity/self-esteem training. My school had no diversity/self-esteem assemblies or weeks or whatever, yet my school was still an abject failure and was one of the lowest performing schools in my county, maybe even the state.

Furthermore, I'm curious as to what any of this has to do with GLBTQ schools?

What it has to do with GLBTQ schools is that, A. its stupid to take away from the ciriculum to push PC social engineering so that people can FEEL better (meanwhile suffer academically) B. Building a school almost soley based on that would be an extension of a bad idea into a worse idea.

Holden Caulfield can suck my dong.
Classy.

HA

That's real rich coming from you.
Ouch my feelings.

irrelevant.

Wow Kettle you SURE ARE BLACK

>_>
To offer a place specifically for gay students to segregate themselves away from the population at large. Thats literally the goal. But I guess I could word it much nicer, but why bother?

You do know that kids, like, leave school. They don't spend all their time there.

In the case of the Toronto school, the mission statement mentioned seemed to be that the school would open as a place where it would be safe for students and teachers to be openly gay. You seem to think there is no distinction between "gays only" and "gay friendly".

Well ya I mean, ya know... you pick a gorup based on a distinction then give them a segregated school based on that distinction.

whitehistory*yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn*

Yours clearly... you said they dont teach those things, they do.

I said "in general". Meaning a large enough segment of the population that it is a "thing".

Would you like to come meet my old teachers who taught the subjects and still do?

If they teach the same subjects in every high school in America, than sure!

Then lets get those things in our schools, not make new schools based soley on those subjects. Why should only the gay kids get to have that experience? WHy dont you become a teacher and teach those things and make a difference if you are so worried about it?

#1 - why not have an alternative for those who wish for it in the meantime?

#2 - who's to say that LGBTQ schools solely teach LGBTQ issues? I was probably wrong to say that the education was LGBTQ-centric, perhaps LGBTQ-friendly would have been better, since I am not familiar with the curriculum and mission of LGBTQ schools everywhere.

#3 - I believe I've said before on this forum that I'm education major.

Irrelevant <-- I only say that when I dont have a pithy comeback.

Don't believe me, just ask yourself...

And what makes you so certain youre in a place to judge anyone elses cultural value systems?

Judge? Maybe not. But I can critique a cultural that I am familiar with, especially if I grew up in it.

If you believe in something to be true and right, dont you think it should be true and right no matter what? If you think gays got it bad here you should visit China. Or do gay chinese not matter to you?

What the fuck are you even talking about, man? Your argumentative gymnastics are starting to enter some truly amazing territory!
What it has to do with GLBTQ schools is that, A. its stupid to take away from the ciriculum to push PC social engineering so that people can FEEL better (meanwhile suffer academically) B. Building a school almost soley based on that would be an extension of a bad idea into a worse idea.

So let's talk about strawmen...

Reactions: j654dgj7
Potentially a controversial answer. But no, I don't think there should be homosexual schools. My reason being that high school age is probably the most suggestible and confused period of any person's life. In my teen years, and right up to the age of about 21, I was convinced I was gay, or at least bi-sexual. I had attended an all-girls school, and I didn't know many males in this period, until I went to university. I experienced same-sex attraction, and I was very unfamiliar with the opposite sex, which further complicated things. Growing up in a cosmopolitan environment, there was great encouragement to "accept yourself", to "embrace your sexuality". But there was something not quite right, and I didn't feel like it was the direction for me. Incredibly now, at 26, I have almost no same-sex attraction whatsoever, and have had a series of hetero-sexual relationships, the one I am in at present being very happy. My point is, there is too much encouragement for teenagers to channel their sexual feelings in one direction, and not enough people saying hang on a minute, give it some time and allow yourself to settle.

Reactions: knight in battle
Incredibly now, at 26, I have almost no same-sex attraction whatsoever, and have had a series of hetero-sexual relationships, the one I am in at present being very happy. My point is, there is too much encouragement for teenagers to channel their sexual feelings in one direction, and not enough people saying hang on a minute, give it some time and allow yourself to settle.

The problem is that sexuality is a very fluid thing. Just because you don't have homosexual urges now doesn't invalidate the ones you had in the past. Channel your sexual feelings in whatever direction you feel is appropriate at the time.

Not only that, but not every teenager is as confused as you were. Not only that, but it's not like these schools are re-education camps or something.

EDIT: Not only that but I'm totally overusing "not only that"

Last edited:
Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
What is your problem with white history? Why can't we learn about white people history?

I don't think it's a good idea, because homosexuality isn't really the problem, the problem is the bullying.

Gay kids aren't so different from straight kids-- in fact, most people don't have issues with someone who is gay. Flamboyantly gay or effeminate males are always going to have a hard time… there's just no way around it-- but homosexuality alone isn't enough to differentiate someone from their peers. I had friends who were huge nerds and they never, ever talked about sex or girls-- not because they were gay, but mostly because the idea of having a girlfriend was so unrealistic for them that sexuality in general just wasn't an issue.

But homosexuality is something that is easy for bullies to use against someone…it's not so different from homeliness or heaviness or frailty or being poor or handicapped. There's no reason why gay people and straight people shouldn't be able to get along… it's the bullies who make it hard for everyone.

I would support a separate school for bullies.

Last edited:
How do you figure?
When they say that they are implying that because the majority of the USA is white and heterosexual that the curriculum is slanted towards that group, towards whites heterosexuals. This is true, but not the same moral distinction as creating an actual official day or group for these people solely. The point of saying why cant there be an all white school isn't that whites need protection, its to point out to absurdity of using government to sanction any form of discrimination against any group based on such a flippant thing as race or sexuality. It is a straw man argument.

When they say that they are implying that because the majority of the USA is white and heterosexual that the curriculum is slanted towards that group, towards whites heterosexuals. This is true, but not the same moral distinction as creating an actual official day or group for these people solely. The point of saying why cant there be an all white school isn't that whites need protection, its to point out to absurdity of using government to sanction any form of discrimination against any group based on such a flippant thing as race or sexuality. It is a straw man argument.

Thanks but I am still interesed in [MENTION=5601]vandyke[/MENTION] s take on why he thinks this.

How do you figure?

I'm with [MENTION=6082]MrDoobie[/MENTION] when he wrote:

There should be alternatives. Majorities should always make it their mission statement to take special care of minorities. Society should be judged by how well it treats minorities and the people that start their lives off in the worst way.

I'm with @MrDoobie when he wrote:

There should be alternatives. Majorities should always make it their mission statement to take special care of minorities. Society should be judged by how well it treats minorities and the people that start their lives off in the worst way.
It would be far more efficient for the minorities to try and blend in instead. and what about me? you can divide people in any distinction you want to create a minority.