[PAX] - Funny Tweets | Page 23 | INFJ Forum
liberals were advocating for slavery back in the day lol
And I don't think Eisenhower would think of himself as a liberal.

Reactions: Icedream
I think you're forgetting who was on what side of the war. Liberal actions now can't change that
What war are you going on about?
That the Republican and Democratic parties switched ideology when divided over civil rights back in the day?

The Civil war, obviously.

Why are you trying so hard to defend a broken party?

The Civil war, obviously.

Why are you trying so hard to defend a broken party?
Defend what?
WTF are you even talking about?

Okay...super.
Gotta run...have fun.

That the Republican and Democratic parties switched ideology when divided over civil rights back in the day?
They call themselves anti-republican crusaders, yet they try to get off with some GOP inheritance and accomplishments. Yet most of the progress made on desegregation and suffrage traces back to ye olde GOP. Even Nixon did some good for the cause.

Women's suffrage was strongly opposed by Wilson's own Democratic Party. He had to organise a referendum on the topic.

Same goes for slavery and the Founding Fathers. Back in the UK, slavery had already been outlawed by the Earl of Mansfield's verdict, yet this William Murray certainly was a conservative politician.

In conclusion: the sanctimonious nincompoop who wrote this sort of bollocks should get a history class and you should all accept the rule of Her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth II Regina. HIP HIP HURRAAAAAAY (3x).

They call themselves anti-republican crusaders, yet they try to get off with some GOP inheritance and accomplishments. Yet most of the progress made on desegregation and suffrage traces back to ye olde GOP. Even Nixon did some good for the cause.

Women's suffrage was strongly opposed by Wilson's own Democratic Party. He had to organise a referendum on the topic.

Same goes for slavery and the Founding Fathers. Back in the UK, slavery had already been outlawed by the Earl of Mansfield's verdict, yet this William Murray certainly was a conservative politician.

In conclusion: the sanctimonious nincompoop who wrote this sort of bollocks should get a history class and you should all accept the rule of Her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth II Regina. HIP HIP HURRAAAAAAY (3x).
Okay, quick then I gotta go!

You are not differentiating the political parties from liberal and conservative ideology, which has varied in the US political parties and even in opposition switched sides in the 1960 civil rights era.
Both Republican parties and Democratic parties have had both “Liberals” and “Conservatives” at various times throughout history.
The model of the parties now is quite static compared to how it has been throughout history.
Take care!

You are not differentiating the political parties from liberal and conservative ideology, which has varied in the US political parties and even in opposition switched sides in the 1960 civil rights era.

Both Republican parties and Democratic parties have had both “Liberals” and “Conservatives” at various times throughout history.
Please forward this gem to the anti-republican crusaders.

View attachment 41549

Echo...echo...echo...echo...echo...

I agree with @the, and this is seriously a new low on the forum...lol.
A whole thread of one person talking to themselves...any criticism and you can’t visit anymore.
And then certain people are pre-banned, arrogantly judged, deemed worthless.

Sorry I had to post this here, but I’ve been judged a disturber of the peace as the voice of opposition and I am certain would also be called out of touch with reality, not worth his time, below him.
Likes to dish it out, but can’t handle the responses.
Therefore I am “banned” from said thread, as are any voices that don’t join in lock-step.
Very democratic and super open minded!
It isn’t hard to read and respond to your thread...you’ve accomplished nothing but self-deprecation.

Besides, I’m too sexy for your thread...

The forum is becoming an actual circle jerk now. Or maybe its just masturbatory. Need more information.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Please forward this gem to the anti-republican crusaders.

I didn’t choose the name of the meme creation group...nor do I care what they call themselves, lol.
Liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, lol...Libertarians, etc.
There are those who would do what’s best for their constituents and country as they are elected to do, and there are those (in any party) who seem to think that isn’t what being elected is all about...that it’s for personal gain and personal societal vision imposed irregardless of the public view or “morality”.
The parties have switched ideology several times since this country was formed...what Lincoln did was pretty freaking liberal for the time being in the Republican party, and the southern states at that time were conservative southern Democrats.
It’s wrong only if you equate a party with a static ideology.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/democrats-and-republicans-switched-platforms/
Bottomline: The parties changed over time as platform planks, party leaders, factions, and voter bases essentially switched between parties.

Third parties aside, the Democratic Party used to be favored in the rural south and had a “small government” platform (which southern social conservatives embraced), and the Republican party used to be favored in the citied north and had a “big government” platform (which northern progressive liberals embraced).

Today it is the opposite in many respects.
Although what happened is complex and some voter bases and factions never switched, you can see evidence of the “big switches” by looking at the electoral map over time (where voter bases essentially flipped between 1896 and 2000).

Or, you can see it by comparing which congressional seats were controlled by which parties over time (try comparing the 115th United States Congress under Trump to the 71st United States Congress under Hoover for example).

Or, you can see the “solid conservative south switch” specifically by looking at the electoral map of the solid south over time.

Or, you can dig through the historic party platforms.
Any of those links will give you a look at the basics of what did and didn’t change, but the details are as complex as U.S. party history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildfire
The forum is becoming an actual circle jerk now. Or maybe its just masturbatory. Need more information.

giphy.gif

snowflake.jpg

Reactions: Free and Stu
upload_2018-3-21_13-35-31.png

Reactions: Free and Skarekrow
upload_2018-3-21_17-21-51.png

upload_2018-3-21_18-24-15.png

Reactions: Free and Skarekrow