Final Fantasy | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Final Fantasy

Final fantasy VIII is amazing! That game changed my life. This was the first final fantasy I played, so it is my favourite purely for that reason. I was, like, 8 years old when I played this. I still remember when I unwrapped it at Christmas.

It was the first FF for me too. That's probably one reason why I like it so much.

I actually found this extremely emotive. I think FF8 pulled off the romance the best. Rinoa and Squall felt like they could be a genuine couple. I mean, remember the scene where he breaks her out of that Esthar jail/bubble thing!? That was beautiful! When he rescues her from floating off into space! It was so moving.
I remember those scenes and they are amongst my favourite moments of the game. And the scenes where Balamb Garden takes off, they are amazing.

Man, the music would send me to sleep at night! Balamb garden, Fisherman's Horizon! Beautiful (sniff)
Don't know why but I've always liked the track called The Oath.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_wG82zgOQ"]YouTube- Final Fantasy VIII Music - The Oath[/ame]

One of the best boss tracks from FF VIII's OST.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA"]YouTube- Final Fantasy VIII - The Extreme [HQ][/ame]

Last edited:
My friend and I have played and beaten them all together ^_^ except 13 cause he moved away =(

I'm not totally thrilled with 13, though it's likeable enough. I'm more excited about Versus 13.

My opinions:

FF - Even though it didn't have a super fantastic story, I still liked the gameplay.
II - Have a feeling I'm gonna really like it.
III - Hay when are we get this game on Wii console?

IV - My third favorite game. <3 Rydia.

V - Can't make myself play this. Can someone tell me fantastic things about it, so I will be inspired?

VI - My favorite...yes, I love it more than VII. I think the story is teh best.

VII - Nanakiiiiiii <3333333333333333333 This game did give me confidence to try to play other RPGs without a white mage/healer. Did not like the materia system all that much.

VIII - I still can't play it. My husband and I have a deal. We get to beat two more games on our own, then we team up and play together. I hate that stupid card game.

IX - Don't know if I'm gonna like it.

X - I liked it. None of the side quests interested me in the slightest. 'Cept Yojimbo...and he wasn't even that awesome. I hate blitzball. I hate mini-games in general because I'm being sidetracked on purpose. You're into the game, you're trying to save the world, but you hafta win this stupid mini-game first.

X2 - I shouldn't even mention this. Why did the only game with a majority of female characters have to be so...dumb? I hope it gets better. 10 hours in and I had to shut it off.

XII - Going to restart playing. The story was so freaking boring in the beginning I didn't pay much attention, and I guess I'm a little lost.

XIII - We're not allowed to buy this game (or even a PS3) until we beat the other games. Now I know I'm getting old.

I actually found this extremely emotive. I think FF8 pulled off the romance the best. Rinoa and Squall felt like they could be a genuine couple. I mean, remember the scene where he breaks her out of that Esthar jail/bubble thing!? That was beautiful! When he rescues her from floating off into space! It was so moving.

I don't think I ever saw either of those scenes (definitely never seen the second one anyway), the game had tried my last shred of patience before I got that far.

To be fair to the game it's been about 10 years or so since I've played it, so maybe these days I'd have a different opinion of the way they handle the romantic story-line, but at the time I just found it all monumentally dull.

Man, the music would send me to sleep at night! Balamb garden, Fisherman's Horizon! Beautiful (sniff)
It would send me to sleep too, but for very different reasons.
evilgrin0007.gif

Honestly though neither of the two tracks that have been posted in this thread do anything for me. The second one was okay, I guess, for what it is (I've heard boss battle themes that I've liked far, far better though), but that first one I thought was just kinda, well...boring. =/

Nah man, the card system was awesome.
That friend of mine who played through a bit further than I did liked it too, so yeah, I'm willing to give that part the benefit of the doubt.

Dude.... FFX!? That was the most incredible, epic experience in a computer game ever.
Never played it, and don't care to play it either. It looks and sounds like it was made from the same sort of mould as FFVII, and if I didn't like that...

V - Can't make myself play this. Can someone tell me fantastic things about it, so I will be inspired?

VIII - I still can't play it. My husband and I have a deal. We get to beat two more games on our own, then we team up and play together. I hate that stupid card game.

IX - Don't know if I'm gonna like it.

V. The job system is awesome, love it more than any other I've seen. Secondly... the Gilgamesh character and his music theme is awesome. The first appearance of Gogo in the series. The main villain is going to remind you a whole lot of Golbez though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMTXyExkeI"]YouTube- Best VGM 127 - Final Fantasy V - Battle with Gilgamesh (Clash on the Big Bridge)[/ame]

VIII. I actually haven't beaten it either. I got to the final place and I can't push myself to actually care enough to beat it.(That and the game's level scaling made my characters pretty much powerless, I didn't exploit the junction system and whatever that stuff is)

IX. I love this one. It is right behind IV and VI for me. Some of the best character development I've seen in an FF game. It pays homage to pretty much all of the previous Final Fantasies(You'll hear a band playing Shinra's marching theme at one point, Kain's lance is obtainable). For the most part it's more lighthearted than the other FFs until you get near the end of the first disc.

XII - Going to restart playing. The story was so freaking boring in the beginning I didn't pay much attention, and I guess I'm a little lost.
I wouldn't bother if I were you because that boringness doesn't change. People get together and speak vaguely about people, places, and things that you don't know (and they don't explain what/who they are), you are told to go somewhere, you get there and wonder around killing monsters, an anti-climactic boss character fight, time jump (they never say how much time elapses), more vague talking, you are asked to go to a new location, more wondering around, over and over and over again. I've had the game for what...2 years now and I haven't beaten it because it's not fun and I have no idea what the heck is going on. Just a bunch of talk of "The Empire" and rocks.

As for the other games...
VII - I first played this when I was 8. After Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong Country, and a mountain of racing games I was awed by this so called "RPG". Loved the battle/materia system, plot (though hitting "x" for 30 minutes of story development was a bit irritating), and characters. Cloud, Sephiroth, and Chocobo breeding are permanent memes in my family.

VIII - I liked it but the Junction system drove me nuts, if I can attach 99 Ultimas to my weapon and hit 9999 why bother with leveling and crafting weapons? I also thought the side quests were more fun than the actual game, (except for the card game that sucked once they stared changing the rules). The whole "orphanage" thing was the worse excuse for character development I've encountered.

X - This is my second favorite next to VII., the plot twists and ending were pretty epic. The ability to switch out character in mid-fight was cool (but time consuming because I did it constantly), had a love-hate relationship with the Sphere Grid.

XII - As I said before this game plot wise is a complete mess. It's like they took parts of old Final Fantasies (Mount Gagazet FFX, ShinRa Building the day after Sephiroth releases Jenova FFVII, Empire vs. "the Resistance" FFVI, etc.) and made a game out of it. The only good thing about it were the graphics, the Gambits, make an awesome gambit and the game plays itself. As for something that don't matter but I still disliked -the voice acting. It was awful, everyone had some weird accent and 90% of the males sounded almost exactly alike.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's sooo funny!! ahahaha

but i don't know what they are saying :(. Can someone plz interpret for me? T_T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy

That should help clear things up.

This is all I remember from X, besides the battle from the airship and onwards. It is forever burned into my mind.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0"]YouTube- Tidus's laugh[/ame]

/Sigh of contentment

RPGs. My first love.
I have to say that IX is my favorite. I remember staying up all night searching every crevice for the zodiac symbols because I refused to cheat. My mom would wake up for work, and I would pass out. It's quite possible that it's just nostalgia talking. Ah, the days of no responsibility. I also believe it had the best love story as opposed to VIII. I loved that game so much in the beginning, but as soon as Squall and Rinoa hug after boarding the Ragnorak he loses his badass loner factor. Zidane keeps personality even when he falls in love. I do have to admit that I did enjoy the dynamic between Irvine and Selphie.

"Woo-hoo, we're flying!"

We can't forget Vivi as a plus for IX.

Reactions: Wyote
I have to say that IX is my favorite. I remember staying up all night searching every crevice for the zodiac symbols because I refused to cheat. My mom would wake up for work, and I would pass out. It's quite possible that it's just nostalgia talking. Ah, the days of no responsibility.

I know, right? Jesus, sometimes I think back to the days when playing games was the most exciting thing ever. The endless conversations and debates at school, running to the shops at 7am to buy a new release... It's really sad and depressing to think most of my childhood was staying in, watching films and playing games. At about 13, I knew I had to start doing something with me life :wacko: