Femininity & Masculinity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Femininity & Masculinity

I recently had a conversation with a French woman who claimed that French women tend to be more feminine than American women. I tend to agree. Where I live there are many androgynous assertive independent Artemis females who are not traditionally feminine. Some are very masculine and aggressive in fact. For me, they are great for hanging out, but personally I am more compatible with feminine females, especially as a mate. This is one of many reasons my ex is now my ex. She really wasn't comfortable with her feminine side. I partially blame feminism. There are many pros and cons to feminism of course (thread derail alert). I love sweet, soft, warm, gentle, tender, sensitive, emotional, vulnerable, affectionate, supportive feminine energy. Male and female are archetypes which exist independent of cultural conditioning. It is one thing to become balanced. You need to honor your anima or animus. And everyone is different. But I do observe an unhealthy imbalance as well. Some females are not in touch with their feminity or masculinity enough, same for males. I think this trend partially accounts for relationship dysfunction. When a man is prevented from being a real man, and a woman is prevented from being a real woman, problems can ensue. Despite what Americans believe, men and women tend to be different. This extends to every species ever to exist. There are those that believe that there is currently a campaign to pressure people to become more unisex and to eliminate gender. I think that could have potentially disastrous results. Notice that this thread would not exist in other times and places. Being a typical man or woman was very natural. Not everyone fits the archetype or stereotype of course. This is why I love Greek God Archetypes. You can resemble Athena or Demeter, Ares or Dionysus. Everyone is unique. But masculinity and femininity exist apart from culture in my view. I aspire to be a balanced masculine man who is in touch with his feminine side (and other stuff like shadow). Easier said than done.

Worth noting, wasn't Athena a more successful warrior than Aries? I recently heard that comparison in a book titled War, but I didn't get a clear explanation on it.

I don't know if this really falls under the original questions asked... but for the longest time I would ponder why on earth a male, who tends to like tools, trucks, guns, etc (mega generalising), would like something like a female, who tends to like pretty things (more mega generalising), and vice versa. Why would someone that likes flowers, like someone that likes to go dirt biking? I brought it up to my friend once and she said she thought it's because someone that likes flowers likes someone that dirt bikes because it makes them feel more feminine- more pretty, beautiful, etc. Men make women feel like women, and women make men feel like men. It gets more confusing when you try thinking about how that would work for LGBT+ people.

Uhh, that was just some random thoughts. As far as what makes a female female, and a male male, I don't know. Not a lot, that's for sure. I know with writing and creating characters, we often give people who are having trouble writing a certain gender the advice to just write them how they'd write any character.

Personally, I find I'm not as attracted to guys that aren't as masculine... Or maybe it's not that as much as I'm just not really into awkward guys, which makes me feel like a horrible person because awkward guys are adorable- it really depends and is hard to say. I tend to be drawn to guys who I view as thinking differently than everyone else.

Meh, anyway. Ignore this.

Worth noting, wasn't Athena a more successful warrior than Aries? I recently heard that comparison in a book titled War, but I didn't get a clear explanation on it.

You are probably right. Athena is the strategist or general, while Aries is the warrior or fighter.