Fed up with modern dating/“quick sex” | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Fed up with modern dating/“quick sex”

@QuietBrave -- I guess when I meet people I just either talk online or go to a coffee shop or on a walk and talk to them a lot!
Ah, see, there is the thing - you've already met them. I am a stay-at-home mom and we don't currently attend organized religious services. So joining an activity is my only way to meet someone outside my family. ;)

Reactions: sassafras
QuietBrave said:
Ah, see, there is the thing - you've already met them. I am a stay-at-home mom and we don't currently attend organized religious services. So joining an activity is my only way to meet someone outside my family. ;)

How about online? I have more friends from online than in person... I can never seem to meet people in person

most of my friendships are long distance, and in many cases, I've never met them in person even once

But we can have very intimate friendships in the sense of caring enough to share every day together, be there for each other completely in times of difficulty, understanding each other very well etc

Reactions: sassafras
QuietBrave said:
I can never seem to meet anyone online! This is one of my many tries! I haven't given up...yet.

I think that's where the difference is, then... because in my experience, online is very easy to get intimate from the start... in person I feel there is always this sense of obligation to 'do something' together, whereas online, you often just *talk* which (at least when both are seeking it) often leads to intimacy in my experience

If you meet most people through activities, I can easily imagine why it does not end in intimacy!

I am opposite to you -- I can't meet people through activities.

How about online? I have more friends from online than in person... I can never seem to meet people in person

most of my friendships are long distance, and in many cases, I've never met them in person even once

But we can have very intimate friendships in the sense of caring enough to share every day together, be there for each other completely in times of difficulty, understanding each other very well etc

I'm just jumping into this thread. I'm also trying to find ways to make connections. Not looking for romance, just friends and people to talk to.

So tell me...where do you go to make friends online? I don't do social media (though I've been told I should try it) and I'm not a gamer. My internet activities tend to be solo. TBQH, joining this forum is the most "social" I've been online since I made a random comment on a YouTube video two weeks ago.

I appreciate any insights you could offer!

Reactions: charlatan
ScotchandBoots said:
I'm just jumping into this thread. I'm also trying to find ways to make connections. Not looking for romance, just friends and people to talk to.

So tell me...where do you go to make friends online? I don't do social media (though I've been told I should try it) and I'm not a gamer. My internet activities tend to be solo. TBQH, joining this forum is the most "social" I've been online since I made a random comment on a YouTube video two weeks ago.

I appreciate any insights you could offer!

I'd say the most direct way is there are apps that are friendship-oriented and not dating-oriented, but basically work the same way -- you try to find people you click with.

But forums aren't bad avenues either -- sometimes you end up chatting a lot with a forum member, maybe private message them, and if you find you get on particularly well, you become good friends later. It's not too different from what happens in real life -- it's not like all our interactions lead to good friendships, but you just keep an open mind, keep talking to people, and soetimes you click.
One thing about a forum is that you're already there presumably often due to a shared interest.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots