Fe Traps. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Fe Traps.

I don't know if that's necessarily a Fe thing, but it sounds like it. From my personal observations, Fi-types would be pretty equipped to do this too, but they generally tend to be much more aggressive when pushing their social agendas. Fe-types, on the other hand, prefer to adapt to their audience for diplomatic results... catching more flies with honey than vinegar, so to speak.

Ahem, I beg to differ. Do not mistake conviction with aggression. I think Fi users have well defined morals/principles which makes for a confident sense of right or wrong.

Of course, all bets are off for most people aged 18-24, during the time when they are seeking their more mature self. It is very easy during this time to be very full of yourself and seek to push your ideals and ways onto to others because they are soooooo bright and shiny and new to you.

Besides Fe is Evil [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] tole me so as I was bending....um...nevermind...

Reactions: bickelz
Fi takes a very interesting flavor: they're pretty much tolerant of almost everything.Almost. That tiny fraction that they don't tolerate makes them look like crusaders getting the world rid of people who hold such "evil"(a.k.a. everything that they don't agree with) opinions and positions. They don't sugar coat things like Fe does, they will tell you to your face that you are wrong, and that you deserve to be punished or saved by their rightous hand of goodness.

Don't get me started with Fi and enneagram type 1 on the same person. Holy macarroni, they can either be saints, or the most cruelest people. They are scary.

Fi takes a very interesting flavor: they're pretty much tolerant of almost everything.Almost. That tiny fraction that they don't tolerate makes them look like crusaders getting the world rid of people who hold such "evil"(a.k.a. everything that they don't agree with) opinions and positions. They don't sugar coat things like Fe does, they will tell you to your face that you are wrong, and that you deserve to be punished or saved by their rightous hand of goodness.

Don't get me started with Fi and enneagram type 1 on the same person. Holy macarroni, they can either be saints, or the most cruelest people. They are scary.

*looks at profile* WTF???? You are now on my List mister.

*looks at profile* WTF???? You are now on my List mister.

Did I say that aloud? I mean, you are wonderful. I wasn't talking to you, of course. *whistles while subtetly trying to get away*

Did I say that aloud? I mean, you are wonderful. I wasn't talking to you, of course. *whistles while subtetly trying to get away*

Wins! Fi traps Fe! Thanks [MENTION=678]AUM[/MENTION] for demostrating the awesome power of Fi and how evil Fe is...
*smiles*

Wins! Fi traps Fe! Thanks @AUM for demostrating the awesome power of Fi and how evil Fe is...
*smiles*

Seriously,though. I've had INFPs tell me I'm evil just because I didn't agree with them. Since then, I've checked the mirror everyday for signs of horns protruding from my head and a spiked tail coming out from my coccyx.

I want my horns dammit!:m140:

I do this sometimes unconsciously. I don't hate it about myself. It is just part of who I am. I don't have malicious intent, it just seems to happen.

I don't think it has to do with Fe. Fe may help you do it more effectively, but you start out doing it because of the person you are. I don't know if it's wrong. Yes you are setting the trap, but the other person doesn't have to fall for it. I frequently yet unintentionally make others feel uncomfortable, but not in the way that has been described. If I did do what has been described, it would probably mean that I was annoyed with someone to the point of dislike, or that the person did something to embarrass me. I would know what I was doing, but I would be past the point of caring about whether I should do it.

Can't we just all agree that every judging function except Ti is evil? ;)

You know, I may have to agree with that. Up to date, I've never seen an INTP villain. They are the pure neutral characters.

I am guilty of this once I tire of being walked on/frustrated by something. It's usually little more than vindication mixed with a twisted means to make someone see something they wouldn't have otherwise that just so happens to correlate with what I think. Horrible habit, really, though it has worked a number of times as a teaching method.

Someone described it as a "gentle push" - agreed. A gentle push in the dark forcing them to hold your hand.
(I've yet to decide if it occurs for the associated power trip or a genuine desire to "improve" someone)

Used maliciously, I'd call it manipulative.
Used nicely, I'd call it delegation.

Ahem, I beg to differ. Do not mistake conviction with aggression. I think Fi users have well defined morals/principles which makes for a confident sense of right or wrong.

Of course, all bets are off for most people aged 18-24, during the time when they are seeking their more mature self. It is very easy during this time to be very full of yourself and seek to push your ideals and ways onto to others because they are soooooo bright and shiny and new to you.

Besides Fe is Evil @Billy tole me so as I was bending....um...nevermind...

I'm not mistaking one for the other at all. Conviction is a motivational factor (and quite possibility the definition of what it means to be Fi), while aggression is an expressive factor. Of course they're not one and the same. But it's not uncommon for one to follow another, especially in a type that tends to hold their emotions close to the surface and whose values are the hair-trigger for their frustrations. Naturally, this doesn't apply to all Fi-users (some Fi users would hesitate to show any aggression, or even stand up to assert their position in the first place) but it is a collective pattern I've observed. It's not that difficult to get a Fi user worked up over an injustice; it's precisely their strong sense of right and wrong that makes it so.

Still, I suppose that 'assertive' would have been a more neutral word.

Last edited:
You know, I may have to agree with that. Up to date, I've never seen an INTP villain. They are the pure neutral characters.

Bahahaha I beg to differ, sir.

I know of one INTP who has manipulated me into following his own agenda. It sucked. Just letting you know that they're out there.

Can't we just all agree that every judging function except Ti is evil? ;)

Haha they might be the most evil of them all!

Lol I like how you think Enneagrams are stupid yet you know what yours is haha.

It seems like people with the thinking function have more of a potential to be insulting because they are not emotionally attached. Infjs have a tendency for sarcasm, but I think that for the most part, they would make an effort not to be that way if they knew it was really upsetting someone. However, I'm not saying this is a bad thing on the part of the thinking type. It seems like it's easier for thinkers to say what needs to be said, while Infjs often fail to assert themselves due to a fear of creating unrest.

Hans Landa was great at this in Inglorious Basterds. Fe can be used to get people feeling comfortable with you and trusting you and then WHAM! You can just cut deep.

I usually avoid doing this to people because I'm by nature not overly confrontational but I have done it before and it's kinda fun.

Reactions: paradanmellow
There was previously a thread concerning how to tick off an Infj. Let me tell you now that that would be the way to do it. If someone did that to me there would be revenge... Sweet sweet revenge. I'm not one of the unappeasables though. Once I've taken the proper amount of revenge, I would end the interaction.

Bahahaha I beg to differ, sir.

I know of one INTP who has manipulated me into following his own agenda. It sucked. Just letting you know that they're out there.

Are you sure he's not an INTJ? Not saying that INTPs aren't able to do wicked stuff, it's just that they're usually too busy in their minds perfecting their theories than they are in worldly affairs. BUT it can happen.

Last edited:
From what I have heard and read, it would not be a good idea to make an Intj mad.

Are you sure he's not an INTJ? Not saying that INTPs aren't able to do wicked stuff, it's just that they're usually too busy in their minds perfecting their theories than they are in wordly affairs. BUT it can happen.

Yupperoni! He's an odd puppy. But I've looked into both MBTI and the Jungian functions, read profiles, and used my intuition. Definitely INTP. Oh and I had him take the test :)

From what I have heard and read, it would not be a good idea to make an Intj mad.

*shivers*