Fe Traps. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Fe Traps.

LOL Yea right. Ask @InvisibleJim or @technics if this is what is going on. I rather doubt it. I picked these two because they are much more of a reserved INTJ than say myself or @Reon

I daresay, as a whole, INTJS are not into emotional reactions at all but that doesn't mean we don't FEEL emotions. We just aren't the type of people to go dancing around announcing what we are feeling like an INFJ is. If anything, unless terrible stunted, I would say INTJs are masters at handeling their emotions. It just seems odd to you INFJs that we aren't terribly keen on SHARING them with anybody.

We could go into the argument that INFJs just flavor their understanding with emotion even if there isn't a great deal there--or you could counter that the INTJs just don't want to realize that emotion is there or we could decide it is somewhere in the middle ground.

I call bullshit. Firstly handling not handeling! Although Handel is a wonderful composer this has nothing to do with that INTJs are, much like ISTJs the masters of the Fe PoLR, observe the general lack of care for group emotional dynamics.

Pai Mei said:
Hmph! The exquisite art of the Samurai sword. Don't make me laugh! Your so-called exquisite art is only fit for … Japanese fatheads! [laughs] Your anger amuses me. Do you believe you are my match?

Would you?? With Fe??!! :O

I would know who I wanted to leave me alone and have strategies for avoiding them. I would at first drop suttle hints that I wanted the person to leave me alone, but if he/she didn't catch on, I would really have no choice but to tell him/her to back off.

I call bullshit. Firstly handling not handeling! Although Handel is a wonderful composer this has nothing to do with that INTJs are, much like ISTJs the masters of the Fe PoLR, observe the general lack of care for group emotional dynamics.

Pardon my spelling.

However, I am unclear as to your bullshit calling. You do react emotionally? You don't handle your emotions well? Praytell Scottie lurv bug, praytell.

You could just tell people to leave you alone rather than acting annoyed.

That would entail having to speak to them...much better to head people off at the pass and have them choose not to want to engage in conversation with you....

Do you not notice how other people are feeling, or whether their is an emotional conflict between two people in a group, or do you just not care?

[MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3473]InvisibleJim[/MENTION] Never change. :*

That would entail having to speak to them...much better to head people off at the pass and have them choose not to want to engage in conversation with you....

So in a way, you don't care about peoples' emotions. You would rather that people feel anxious or embarrassed that they have annoyed you than take a few seconds to speak to them.

So they are responsible for reading others minds and sensing their emotions, now??

I think we should make a thread just on INTJs. The current discussion and the title of this thread do not correlate.

Pardon my spelling.

However, I am unclear as to your bullshit calling. You do react emotionally? You don't handle your emotions well? Praytell Scottie lurv bug, praytell.

Yes, blistering sarcasm, annoyance, anger and other such temperamental shifts are obvious to anyone who observes the self.

Do you not notice how other people are feeling, or whether their is an emotional conflict between two people in a group, or do you just not care?

I notice how other people are 'displaying' emotions, but that doesn't mean that I believe that what they show is 'true' as it were. Contrary to this, I can be remarkably receptive to emotive pleas from others when I feel I have nothing to lose apart from my own emotional well being which is something that is a totally valid thing to override when it is opinion rather than having solid consequence.

The problem with Fe PoLR, if you don't show us you believe or you care enough to have emotion and show us it is 'true' then we don't believe it is there. The other problem with Fe PoLR, we don't much care for the Fe traps, we don't gradually drop nice happy social hints around the place.

In short, Fe traps, not something the Fe PoLR sees. If we are in one, such as group dynamics attempting to 'shackle' us we will often just smash it up in a social sense and care not for the consequences.

We are direct, we are righteous, we are zombie proof.

I think we should make a thread just on INTJs. The current discussion and the title of this thread do not correlate.

I disagree, generally (no true scotsman aside) INTJ threads go like this:

(INTJ 1) As an INTJ I do this, results in this.

(INTJ 3) 2nd Post: Yes.

no need for 3rd post, thread ends.

Last edited:

What if someone(an INTJ) disagrees with the initial premise?

And enlighten me, please, what is a Fe PoLR?

So they are responsible for reading others minds and sensing their emotions, now??

No, but they can use more common sense in that area. I think it's safe to say that most people feel negatively when they annoy someone unless they intended to do so. When the Intj shows annoyance so that people will leave him alone, he must be at least somewhat aware that his actions are causing negative emotion. What conclusion can you reach apart from that he doesn't care? Ladies, don't get offended. Our gender is implied.

What if someone(an INTJ) disagrees with the initial premise?

And enlighten me, please, what is a Fe PoLR?

Disagree? UNLIKELY! :D

Okay, you know INFJ is all

Ni-Fe-Ti-Se.

In effect the 3rd function, Ti is the creative. Note the INFJs making weird numbering systems to plot out how 'friendships happen' and such ilk. It's theraputic to the INFJ mind. The opposite is stressful/annoying, which is Te, reaching common logical conclusions by creating clear understandings and 'chipping off' the small issues as irrelevant to the analysis. This is PoLR or Point of Least Resistance in Socionics terms.

Yes, blistering sarcasm, annoyance, anger and other such temperamental shifts are obvious to anyone who observes the self.

I notice how other people are 'displaying' emotions, but that doesn't mean that I believe that what they show is 'true' as it were. Contrary to this, I can be remarkably receptive to emotive pleas from others when I feel I have nothing to lose apart from my own emotional well being which is something that is a totally valid thing to override when it is opinion rather than having solid consequence.

The problem with Fe PoLR, if you don't show us you believe or you care enough to have emotion and show us it is 'true' then we don't believe it is there. The other problem with Fe PoLR, we don't much care for the Fe traps, we don't gradually drop nice happy social hints around the place.

In short, Fe traps, not something the Fe PoLR sees. If we are in one, such as group dynamics attempting to 'shackle' us we will often just smash it up in a social sense and care not for the consequences.

And that never gets boring? You never want human interaction?

With Fe, it is implied that when they say, "you don't have to" it means, "you have to"

When someone uses that kind of undertone I'd probably snub that person by replying "Alright then I won't". But if someone asks in a straightforward manner I'd probably do it. Like that one time when someone offered to pay when he was expecting me to counter his offer. I said "Alright, you pay".

Fe can be used to get people feeling comfortable with you and trusting you and then WHAM!

I can sense this. Hard to pin down, but I think it's not because of a sign, but because of a lack of sign.

Anyone could go against their beliefs, but it seems that Infjs would be less likely to do so because their's are well defined.

INFJs can be made to go against their beliefs without them even realizing it.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "laying traps." I've noticed with some FJs, particularly type 2 FJs, they zone in on people's emotional vulnerabilities and use those vulnerabilities to manipulate them. Is that what we're talking about?
One of the weaker ones, for quite a lot of people (INJs especially) will caught on this.

@InvisibleJim Fe PoLR? Ooh, tell me tell me <3 What is that? :D

I've got to say, though; in a way not giving a shit about these webs, acting or not, is, by itself, a major Fe trap. *laughs* It's forcing people to think "augh, my attempts are useless", regardless the effectiveness of the webs.

Fe trap <3

I agree. However, I notice more time than not that it is more relevant to the discussion at hand versus some inner emotional storm taking place.

Zombie proof? Let's hope we don't have to prove that in real life because I think Romero's movies show that most everybody gets eaten anyway....