Favorite gestures of affection | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite gestures of affection

You don't have to dance in the middle of a crowded room. Some of my favourite moments (with both a boyfriend and with friends) have been just being silly around in the house or in the kitchen just because the mood takes you.

I twirl my nieces around.

Yeah, I'm a no on the public displays of affection too.

Oh yeah that is memorable. Like drunk college buddies pole dancing to a flipped table

@MINFJToothFairy - Great thread! <3

Confession: I don't like cuddling and I hate holding hands. My SO doesn't really know this because he is a cuddler and touch-oriented.
I like cuddling with dogs and cats, but those are dogs and cats. If I cuddle or hold your hand I love you immensely and I'm doing it just for you.

Gifts are not important to me, either.

Hugs - yes! (But not instead of a verbal apology.)

"Horsing around" and physically goofing off.

Yes to dancing!

I like sitting side by side and being mentally and emotionally invested in each other.

Listening, asking questions, being open and vulnerable. Honesty. Trying to understand. Being supportive. Going out of our way for each other.

Going to secret places that are especial for the two of us. Adventures.

Cooking together, sharing food, and cooking for those I love are all important to me. Dinners out can be this way, too.
I appreciate people who cook for me, bring me stuff from their gardens, or remember my favorite foods when shopping. It's thoughtful.
It makes no difference if the food is amazing or not. It's the gesture.
– I imagine wine is like that for many people.

• Cuddles
  • Notes
  • Food
  • Unique comments

^^Yes to this slightly altered list.^^

Notes, songs, drawings, etc.
Meaningful complements and encouragement.
Inside jokes, especially from a long time ago.
Good morning texts daily. <3
Secret words we call each other that nobody else uses because we made them up.

And little scavenger hunts.

I have scavenger hunts for my SO, too. :)

I like sitting side by side and being mentally and emotionally invested in each other.

Yes. I like this too. LOL i know there's so much crap out there on social media about people side by side but on their phones, but it's actually sort of peaceful. And then sometimes even when in the same room, we still PM each other hahaha.

Ways I like to receive affection
  • Sharing music and enjoying the arts
  • Dancing
  • Goofing off / rough play
  • Intimate communication
  • Cuddles and nuzzles
  • Praise
  • Random notes

Ways I give affection:
  • Affectionate-speak / my own gibberish language that my loved ones sometimes do or don't understand.
  • Lots of hugs and cuddles
  • Making food / meals for them
  • Cleaning up after them / doing their laundry / housekeeping altogether.
  • Gifts
  • Compliments and praises
  • Cuddles and nuzzles
  • Random notes
  • Open/honest intimate communication

Thanks for the responses, guys! :hearteyes:

What about to your parents, to your kids, or siblings? How do you show your affection?

I liked being tucked in bed and saying a prayer together. Mehe

I am very affectionate with my kids. Hugs, kisses, and cuddles. I sometimes leave them notes and they leave them for me. My youngest loves her back rubbed or scratched. I don't dance in public, but we dance and sing at home. I'll do anything for them; they get lots of affection.