Exercising Tips and Ways to Make the Metabolism Faster

daydreamer

Permanent Fixture
Jul 10, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
I forget
I know some ways to help peoples metabolisms quicken and little exercising tips. I bet more people on these forums do as well. Here are some of my tips I've read:)

1) Exercise in the morning. I've heard your metabolism is faster in the morning and so exercising in the morning will help give you more of an extra boost compared to at night, which will have your metabolism running normally which brings me to tip number 2.

2) Don't eat past eight o' clock Your metabolism gets slower at night.

3) Don't stay up too late The later you stay up, the more likely you're going to get hungry which means the more you're going to eat. Plus it's bad for your skin anyway.

4) Green tea, Green tea, Green tea Green tea has been proven to fasten your metabolism. Plus, unlike other types of tea, green tea is actually good for your teeth. You can also replace this instead of coffee in the morning since this has some caffeine in it as well. I heard that 4 cups of green tea can actually get you to lose 100 calories.

5) Drink lots of water, preferably chilled Water helps fasten your metabolism and helps clean your blood stream. It helps clean your body of toxins and the cold water helps your metabolism warm up the cold water.

6) Drink caffeine before a workout Caffeine gets you worked up and hyper, helping you with your exercise.

7) Listen to music while exercising It takes your mind off the pain and onto something else. Upbeat and fast music is usually the best.

8) Drink chocolate milk afterwards I read something about it from the FDA having all the nutrients then body needs after a workout.

9) Whole grains It'll prevent you from bloating. Make sure to drink tons of water too, though, so you don't get constipated.

10) Don't do long distance running It gets your legs thinner, but it gets rid of muscle as well which helps fasten your metabolism. Each pound of muscle burns 30-50 calories a day without you doing anything.

I hope this stuff helps! Feel free to add any other tips as well :)

Don't exercise it makes you hungry.

- take two teaspoons of L-glutamine powder, one upon waking and one before bed
- before breakfast have a cup of hot lemon water
- ginseng
- caffeine of any sort: black coffee, tea, caffeine pills- fyi diet pills are mostly caffeine anyway
- vitamin D
- B vitamins, especially vitamin B12
- having good cardiovascular health aids in increasing metabolism- go for a quick run in the morning
- small bursts of exercise spread out throughout the day (ie 10 minutes each time 4 times a day rather than one block of 40 minutes)
- fidgeting
- spices
- eating small meals spread out throughout the day (ie 5-6 small meals every day, one every two hours each not more than 300 calories)
- food containing fiber

Can anyone cite the science for any of this.

Last edited:
^
Keke too lazy. You can google it if you want. Nobody has to believe me.

Can anyone cite the science for any of this.

Is there a need to?

I enjoy running though. Also squats are good excersize as well, seeing as lots of people have flab around the legs.

I also enjoy taking a knife to the fat after a long day of working out. It makes the results go by faster. Blood transfusions are expensive though :(

Get a knife and cut off the parts you dont like. Grab your big jelly belly and slice it off.

or

Go sit and be alone and find yourself. Dont eat during this time. It should take a few years if you are a "deep" person.

Is there a need to?

I enjoy running though. Also squats are good excersize as well, seeing as lots of people have flab around the legs.

I also enjoy taking a knife to the fat after a long day of working out. It makes the results go by faster. Blood transfusions are expensive though :(
I'll give you some of my O- blood if you can teach me the secret to doing effective squats, without using a ball.

It's all in a manner of thinking too.
Remember that the mind controls the body.

Reducing salt and simple sugars in your diet can also do wonders for bloating.

Exactly 30 minutes after a meal, walk briskly (~50% max heart rate) for 20 minutes. This eliminates the typical insulin surge after a meal and, thus, inhibits the production of fat. This is from as yet unpublished data.

I heard that doing the whiteboy dance burns over 9000 calories per minute.

edit: This is from as yet unpublished data.

Reactions: bronson_
This is serious now, eat more fat and cut out the carbs, your body will be forced to burn the dietery fat as fuel, if you do this for long enough your body becomes more efficient and better able to use fat (including your own fat stores) as it's preferred fuel source. By eating like this your fat stores that have been locked away for ages are now readily available for enrgy.

This is serious now, eat more fat and cut out the carbs,

LOL have fun maintaining that for more than a couple days!

edit: I'm not saying it's impossible. It's just hard to sustain for most people and can be impractical.

Lift weights, more muscle = more calories burnt. And girls will love the guns, bro. And if you're a girl, you don't have testicles, so you won't get jakt like the dudes.

And if you don't want to get jakt, then don't eat a shitload of food.

Last edited:
I heard that doing the whiteboy dance burns over 9000 calories per minute.

edit: This is from as yet unpublished data.
LOL! I am sure that it will burn quite some calories.
It takes sooo much balance and energy to do it.

If you want to be skinny with a high metabolism and noodle arms like me, just cut your balls off and start listening to asian pop.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcsdA-oGrkQ&fmt=18"]YouTube - 슈í¼ì£¼ë‹ˆì–´(SuperJunior)_행복_뮤ì§ë¹„디오(MusicVideo)[/ame]

LOL have fun maintaining that for more than a couple days!

edit: I'm not saying it's impossible. It's just hard to sustain for most people and can be impractical.

I've maintained it for 9 weeks so far and lost 8 and a half kilos, it's been pretty easy to stick to so far, especially since when I've cheated and had junk carbs it has made me feel terrible and my overall wellbeing and alertness is so much better now. Not to mention I'm not hungry and snacking all the time now.

Be under lots of stress so you lose your appetite. I lost 5kgs that way.