Ever After- Goddamn this movie | INFJ Forum

Ever After- Goddamn this movie

Skoffin

<font color=#00EE99>She Whose Name We Do Not Speak
Sep 29, 2009
MBTI
INTP
This movie is currently on the tv, despite how irritating I find this movie to be my inner girlishness compels me to continue watching. If you're not familiar with the movie it's basically another Cinderella story.
It does have its moments, however what really irks me is the ending.
The main character, Daniella, is treated terribly for majority of her life by her step-mother and one step-sister. My issue is that when Daniella becomes Queen all she does is make those two work in a cloth factory (or some such, anyway)
So, my annoyance is, the first time I watched this movie... all I could think about was "heh, how is she going to pay these bitches back? It's got to be good" and barely anything is done to them! Why, WHY! If I were given such power I'd use it to get back at all those who made me suffer, couldn't she *at least* give them a flogging? :sad:

or lock them into a recurring delusion of being raped by edward scissorhands
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, at the very least!
Bloody hell, why can't any fairy tale films end the way I'd like.
:(

write a screenplay for rumplestiltskin, the original one
Posted via Mobile Device

Personnally, that just comes back to you

If Cinderella was a bitch, then it wouldn't really be a cinderella story would it?

Cinderellas father was the true monster.

His daughter was being abused by his new wife and step daughters, and he just let it happen?

Because Cinderella is a nicer person than you.

His daughter was being abused by his new wife and step daughters, and he just let it happen?

Heh. Never thought of it like that.

But depending on the version of the story, he's either dead or in the next town working; so he's rarely home. And Cinderella is too frightened to say anything. Those long dresses and long sleeves cover up bruises pretty well too.

Why, WHY! If I were given such power I'd use it to get back at all those who made me suffer, couldn't she *at least* give them a flogging? :sad:

Ha. That's what I thought as well. This is what I don't like about Fairy Tales, much as I love them. The protagonists are too damn nice and the antagonists either escape suffering by asking for forgiveness [utter bull] or becoming a slave somehow, in some way. What crap.

Something you might be interested in: apparently, INFJ's are very attracted to 'poetic justice.' :mjedir:

They didn't start to abuse her until he was dead...

Ain't you seen this movie!?

Danielle was a badass! (Despite the whole prince charming thing..)

I despise that movie. It's my nails-on-a-chalkboard. I think it's because Drew Barrymore. She annoys me. People tell me I'm like her, and I want to shake them. "Look at me. I'm so cute." Giggle, trip, fall, cry, snort some coke, repeat. /rant

*prepares to be pummeled* I sort of love this movie...

*prepares to be pummeled* I sort of love this movie...
I am with you on this.

Aside from the whole bullshit prince charming romance aspect of the story, the character Danielle is a really good role model for young girls who watch the movie. She's certainly a step up from the traditional fairy tale princess portrayal.

She takes risks to right wrongs (disguising herself and going to rescue her fellow bondservant AND telling off the prince)

Loving books and knowledge, being non-judgmental of others (the gypsies) and priding herself in her work (on the farm).

Not to mention that she rescued herself from that pervert her step mother sold her to..
She was definitely not a weak female character in a fairy tale. I like to see that.

Last edited:
Everafter lovers UNITE!! :m182:

I despise that movie. It's my nails-on-a-chalkboard. I think it's because Drew Barrymore. She annoys me. People tell me I'm like her, and I want to shake them. "Look at me. I'm so cute." Giggle, trip, fall, cry, snort some coke, repeat. /rant

I happen to love Drew Barrymore (not in this movie), and that whole Cocaine thing was over years ago--like when she was 14!! :m042:

So you look like her, hmmmm.......

I happen to love Drew Barrymore (not in this movie), and that whole Cocaine thing was over years ago--like when she was 14!! :m042:

prefect monkey for that

No, I didn't say I *look* like her. And the cocaine thing was a joke. I've had my own cocaine days (daze), so I can make that joke. About myself. Haha? No? Ok....*scampers off*