Eric Garner | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Eric Garner

My impression of most liberal minds is unreasonable support of minorities. Meaning intent to give them more than anyone else gets.

My impression of most liberal minds is unreasonable support of minorities. Meaning intent to give them more than anyone else gets.
I think we agree that being liberal minded does not free one of racism.

So as a Latina woman, I get more than others because of the color of my skin? What are you even trying to say?

Your comment comes across very racist, imo.

I think we agree that being liberal minded does not free one of racism.

Ok agreed. I just think the school system likely has less of it at this point. However I am operating on somewhat limited knowledge. I only have my own experience, know a few teacher's and what I hear in the news. Come to think of it though thats generally all most people have if that.
[MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION] if you are going to thumbs down me get into the discussion and tell me what it is you dont agree with. Nm- see post above.

So as a Latina woman, I get more than others because of the color of my skin? What are you even trying to say?

Your comment comes across very racist, imo.

Right so anything you dont agree with is racist. This is the argument used by many. Its akin to my not liking President Obama and the only reason there could be for that is that I must be racist. Ill be honest with you. Its attitude and thinking like that that makes me dislike those that have it.

As for minoritys receiving more than anyone else? Affirmative action. Illegal Immigrants being rewarded for showing no respect for American laws. We can start there if you want to argue.

Let me clarify illegal immigration. Because I believe illegal immigrants should be sent back to their country of orgin and that Americans ahould not have to pay for them being here, I will be called racist because by in large most illegal immigrants are Hispanic. But what most people dont understand is I and most dont care what nationality illegal immigrants are. If Canadians who are primarily white were to start flooding into America I would have just as much issue with that. All because as a country, we cant afford to shelter the world.

I dont like Obamas policies. I think he is the worst President by in large we have ever had. You know what? He happens to be black which has nothing at all to do with his incompetence.

I am disgusted when people try and talk about the real issues we face as a country and a fair and reasonable discussion cant be had without race being called out as a factor.

Last edited:
The globalists trying to create a homogenised mono-culture through cultural marxism want to destroy national soveriegnty

To achieve that they need to undermine the constitution and blur national borders

In order to handle the public backlash they will need to use the police to enforce the changes they are making to society

The globalists trying to create a homogenised mono-culture through cultural marxism want to destroy national soveriegnty

To achieve that they need to undermine the constitution and blur national borders

In order to handle the public backlash they will need to use the police to enforce the changes they are making to society

Maybe on a subconscious level. Maybe...but not likely. Its not as if there is some master plan out there some group is following. I think its people just getting together and making policy that better controls people. By contol I mean keeps them in their own little areas. Look at Detroit. That place is basically hell now but you hardly ever hear about it on the news. Why? Because its contained. Until it starts spilling out into other areas no one cares.

Reactions: Stu
illegal immigrants should be sent back to their country of orgin and that Americans ahould not have to pay for them being here.
and the cost of deportation?

But this side tracks the issue. The issue is not how much of our tax dollars is or is not being directed at minorities, the issue is to what degree is racism responsible for the high percentage of Black and Latino males being punished in our society for crimes and perceived offences where white males basically skate.

Ok agreed. I just think the school system likely has less of it at this point. However I am operating on somewhat limited knowledge. I only have my own experience, know a few teacher's and what I hear in the news. Come to think of it though thats generally all most people have if that.
@bionic if you are going to thumbs down me get into the discussion and tell me what it is you dont agree with. Nm- see post above.

Well the first problem I see with your argument is the use of the term, minorities. In NYC, whites are ACTUALLY the minority here. The majority is Blacks and Hispanics. Then other ethnic groups, etc. Since the Eric Garner case is happened in NYC, I think it would be less-than-smart and unreliable to generalize to overall U.S. when this case happened in Staten Island/NYC.

Also, I think using race is just only ONE factor that is a problem here when it comes to police brutality in NYC. Overall, the problem is abuse of power and prejudice against the "lower class". There have been countless times when *I* was even stopped and frisked with my friends and we weren't doing anything except hanging out on a corner and talking. What is worse is that these cops pinpoint black and latino males the majority of the time. Still, it's not even the fact of race that comes into account... They stereotype these people and point out the way they dress.

So if you're wearing baggy jeans, loose t-shirt, a hoodie, and some Jordans... you WILL be stopped by the police. When I was growing up in the hood, 9 times out of 10, they stopped my friends that looked like "thugs" whether they were light skinned or even dark. It's because policemen here are actually taught to profile these kind of men. It's not acceptable and they won't admit it to the public... but its true.

They even profile women as well. They look for Black or Latina women that dress in a certain way (long straight hair, overlined lips, baggy jeans, tight t-shirts, durags, hair tied up in a scarf, hoodie, etc). But as another poster said, racism would just be a headache factor here when the SOLE problem is the fact that it's very socioeconomic. The lower class here in NYC are mostly Hispanics and Blacks and since most of them live in the projects or other low-income communities, the police go after these men and women because of the stereotypes surrounding "ghetto people". So it's not just racism but also the fact that blacks and latinos make up the majority of the lower income level and they're oppressed and controlled to their economic class because the upper income class want to have all the financial opportunities.

As for liberals giving "minorities" unreasonable support and more than anyone else gets... well, I think your comment is an cop out. I'm not gonna make this a wankfest here but more often than not -- blacks and latinos get the short end of the stick here in NYC. There have been numerous jobs that I have gotten because I have a "white" last name that is not ethnically latino. I have had countless potential employees ask me what my racial background is (which is obv illegal) and when I have said I'm Hispanic, I would have some interviewers side eye me and not call me back. A lot of it is because Latinos are stereotyped as lazy, unorganized workers here in NYC and many employers take advantage of black and Hispanic workers because they can pay them under the books and just abuse them all they like because of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
[MENTION=1939]Stu[/MENTION]

The male members of my family have never had any negative run-ins with the police. I will bet it has everything to do with them respecting the law and staying out of trouble. And they do not check off 'Caucasian' on their Consensus form.

If you think that cops are biased against you, then don't put yourself in the type of situations that require their presence.

Reactions: Stu
Maybe on a subconscious level. Maybe...but not likely. Its not as if there is some master plan out there some group is following.

Oh yeah there is a plan

Thats where the term 'cultural marxism' comes from

Some people (the frankfurt school) came up with a plan to use various means to undermine your society so that they could remould it into a different society

The plan has been going on for generations now; the globalists created the 'league of nations' after world war 1 and then they changed that into the United Nations after world war 2

The major obstacle to their plan was the existence of the US. They knew that to achive their plan they had to destroy the US as an economic power and as a cohesive society; this is why they want to disarm the US public as well

The biggest step they took as part of their plan was to take control of the US money supply which they achieved with the creation of the federal reserve in 1913; things really moved on a pace after that

I think its people just getting together and making policy that better controls people. By contol I mean keeps them in their own little areas. Look at Detroit. That place is basically hell now but you hardly ever hear about it on the news. Why? Because its contained. Until it starts spilling out into other areas no one cares.

Well thats what cultural marxism and the new world order is about: control

The globalists own corporations all around the world and they want to control people all around the world too so they seek to constantly centralise their power more and more over more and more people

They even changed the global economy by bribing and threatening third world countries into stopping agricultural diversity in order to grow cash crops; these cash crops stopped those countries from being self sufficient and instead put them at the mercy of the prices set by the globalists who are able to manipulate the markets

They then got those countries into debt servitude (just like they did to the western public with cheap credit)

It's all about control and the armed and historically 'ruggedly individualistic' US public are an obstacle to the creation of a suppressed and controlled global populace

The male members of my family have never had any negative run-ins with the police. I will bet it has everything to do with them respecting the law and staying out of trouble. And they do not check off 'Caucasian' on their Consensus form.

If you think that cops are biased against you, then don't put yourself in the type of situations that require their presence.

Are you talking to me? I do agree with keeping out of trouble.

Unfortunately, where I live in NYC and even in other areas of NYC... it is VERY hard to avoid the cops. I actually live in a very quiet neighborhood. I have some cops who even live on my street and we have a precinct nearby. But I've been stopped by the police a few times just cause I was walking home and I had on a hooded coat. Heck, I've even had police officers stop me and tell me that I should be in school (there is a high school nearby where a lot of kids ditch it) when I was 20 yrs old one time waiting for the bus (LOL). They asked me for my I.D., whereabouts, and questioned me hardcore. My point is that even when you try to stay out of trouble, not dress a certain way, and mind your own business... it's just not enough sometimes here in NYC. A lot of the police will try to find any reason to point someone out. It's weird to me cause I'm just a short little latina girl.

Reactions: Skarekrow
The police are forced by their managers to reach certain quotas which then leads to them HARRASSING the public

Unfortunately, where I live in NYC and even in other areas of NYC... it is VERY hard to avoid the cops. I actually live in a very quiet neighborhood. I have some cops who even live on my street and we have a precinct nearby. But I've been stopped by the police a few times just cause I was walking home and I had on a hooded coat. Heck, I've even had police officers stop me and tell me that I should be in school (there is a high school nearby where a lot of kids ditch it) when I was 20 yrs old one time waiting for the bus (LOL). My point is that even when you try to stay out of trouble, not dress a certain way, and mind your own business... it's just not enough sometimes here in NYC. A lot of the police will try to find any reason to point someone out. It's weird to me cause I'm just a short little latina girl.

No, I was talking to Stu :) He wrote about Latino and black men being targeted. And it's not always true. As for living in NYC, as you said, white people are the minority. So it would only make sense that they point out or stop a higher percentage of blacks/Latinos. I don't see it as right or wrong but as long as you know you did nothing wrong, it's all good. :)

The police are forced by their managers to reach certain quotas which then leads to them HARRASSING the public

This is true in NYC. They have to reach about 25-30 people a month to slap with tickets or they're on the chopping block. I have a few friends who work for the NYPD and one of them told me that his co-worker was slapped with a warning because he only ticketed 10 civilians that month. What a city I live in, lol.

No, I was talking to Stu :) He wrote about Latino and black men being targeted. And it's not always true. As for living in NYC, as you said, white people are the minority. So it would only make sense that they point out or stop a higher percentage of blacks/Latinos. I don't see it as right or wrong but as long as you know you did nothing wrong, it's all good. :)

True, dis. The problem that I see with the NYPD or other tri-state police targeting these groups is that it becomes a major grey area. It's so easy for non-NYers to say "This is racially driven!!" when its not just a racism issue but a socioeconomic one. And with those factors aside, we can even push the boundaries and argue that it's a psychological and/or sociological issue of power... mainly, coercive and abusive power, against civilians. Using a chokehold like that was illegal on many accounts and it's only causing more fear and anxiety for NYC residents. Personally, I never liked the police or even respected them. I always just kept on moving and ignored them because of all the crap I witnessed growing up. But cases like this do not make me feel any safer.

I feel like... if you were to switch out the scenario and replace Eric Garner with someone of another race, it still does not eradicate the abuse of power those police officers enforced.

@Stu

Respectfully, I am not speaking anecdotally. I have always had an excellent rapport with the coppers, mainly because I answer their questions with a few words as possible, I am a lily white man, and in the back of my mind I remind myself that they have guns.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Ok. Were saying that we know for a fact the majority of the time people are being racially profiled by cops. To what end I ask? Are cops exoverts that want interaction with others and use their authority to get it? Are they just bored and decide to stop minorities for the fun of it. Do they just like giving people a hard time?
What are the reasons people feel anyone is being targeted by police? What is the supposed gain?

Unfortunately, where I live in NYC and even in other areas of NYC... it is VERY hard to avoid the cops. I actually live in a very quiet neighborhood. I have some cops who even live on my street and we have a precinct nearby. But I've been stopped by the police a few times just cause I was walking home and I had on a hooded coat. Heck, I've even had police officers stop me and tell me that I should be in school (there is a high school nearby where a lot of kids ditch it) when I was 20 yrs old one time waiting for the bus (LOL). They asked me for my I.D., whereabouts, and questioned me hardcore. My point is that even when you try to stay out of trouble, not dress a certain way, and mind your own business... it's just not enough sometimes here in NYC. A lot of the police will try to find any reason to point someone out. It's weird to me cause I'm just a short little latina girl.

It's called Broken Windows theory. NYC is notorious for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

Basically what it boils down to is the theory that the way an area looks is a signal for crime. So yes, they do harass and profile people based on looks alone because the theory is that if you can get rid of the bums, thug looking people, etc etc and make the area look pristine, according to the theory it sends a message that the area is being watched and crime is not welcome.

In Broken Window theory it is often accepted to rough up anyone who doesn't fit in, and maybe even get them off the street on trumped up charges for the sole purpose of getting them out of view of the community.

Oh yeah there is a plan

Thats where the term 'cultural marxism' comes from

Some people (the frankfurt school) came up with a plan to use various means to undermine your society so that they could remould it into a different society

The plan has been going on for generations now; the globalists created the 'league of nations' after world war 1 and then they changed that into the United Nations after world war 2

The major obstacle to their plan was the existence of the US. They knew that to achive their plan they had to destroy the US as an economic power and as a cohesive society; this is why they want to disarm the US public as well

The biggest step they took as part of their plan was to take control of the US money supply which they achieved with the creation of the federal reserve in 1913; things really moved on a pace after that

Well thats what cultural marxism and the new world order is about: control

The globalists own corporations all around the world and they want to control people all around the world too so they seek to constantly centralise their power more and more over more and more people

They even changed the global economy by bribing and threatening third world countries into stopping agricultural diversity in order to grow cash crops; these cash crops stopped those countries from being self sufficient and instead put them at the mercy of the prices set by the globalists who are able to manipulate the markets

They then got those countries into debt servitude (just like they did to the western public with cheap credit)

It's all about control and the armed and historically 'ruggedly individualistic' US public are an obstacle to the creation of a suppressed and controlled global populace
And then everyone died and no one cared anymore...